Sean Murphy

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:20 pm

:lol: :lol:
LOOTOWNDISKR

Re: Sean Murphy

Postby TTrammel » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:28 pm

Like_Water wrote:
TTrammel wrote::shock: WTF Sean Murphy caught in johnston with mask and gloves on when approached he ran Crazy ass shit :!: :!: :?: :arrow: :arrow: .......

source?

Saw it on KCCI news.......like six o'clock new's on Monday
I speak my mind cause I can ! And no one can do anything about it !
TTrammel

Postby arowan21 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:31 pm

wtf is the kybo hole?
QMikal wrote:it took me ten minutes to type this.
arowan21

Postby TTrammel » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:34 pm

grodney wrote:
GDL17921 wrote:who the heck is Sean Murphy?

Legend. He aced the Kaibo hole with a fricken Viper on a hyzer line! Dude had Message Board Distance before there were message boards. Actually, Tim Stone had Message Board Distance. Murphy's distance was real.

:) Thank's Rod there's a bunch of people around here that think there shit don't stink Legend for sure man he had a huge cannon :shock:
And it's Sean smartass.................sssss
TTrammel

Postby crazykrug » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:43 pm

wow sad to hear, like Clue said he had a cannon of an arm, fun guy to play with back in the day when I was a youngin
Member of 2010, 2012, 2013 Bushwhacker State Champions
crazykrug

Postby grodney » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:47 pm

arowan21 wrote:wtf is the kybo hole?

#12 on the old North Karen Acres course. Up hill. 320 or 360. Line of tall bushes on the left. Basket tucked into the bushes right next(?) to a kybo.

Nobody could reach it. Except Murph.
grodney

Postby irban » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:51 pm

Clue wrote:He used to play with Innis at Hickory

It was the Baby Climo's one year. Could have been great but for the personality differences. Plus both of them likely putted worse than Clue.

edit: I didn't mean to imply that The Baby Climo's included Innis. There was another big gun from back in the day on that team.
Last edited by irban on Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby TTrammel » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:53 pm

grodney wrote:

#12 on the old North Karen Acres course. Up hill. 320 or 360. Line of tall bushes on the left. Basket tucked into the bushes right next(?) to a kybo.

Yessss.........Karen Acres..........sorry your gone :(
TTrammel

Postby irban » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:58 pm

grodney wrote:

Yeah, I was there when he did that, along with maybe Doug Davis? We actually looked around for quite a while, in the bushes and the ditch, before we even thought to look in the basket. That bush on the right was pretty big, it was a high hyzer from the bottom of that hill. A lot of people ( not me) got hole high for a putt. It was just hard to get all the way back in there.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby discgolfduval » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:37 pm

This kind of stuff just sucks to read. Murph was as cool as they came and really is a nice guy. Hope things work out for him and this was some sort of misunderstanding or something. Larod, you weren't too far behind him in distance though if I remember correctly.
discgolfduval

Postby Cydisc » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:42 pm

A legend.
Cydisc

Postby bman12449 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:24 pm

[quote="discgolfduval"]This kind of stuff just sucks to read. Murph was as cool as they came and really is a nice guy. Hope things work out for him and this was some sort of misunderstanding or something

My feelings exactly Matt. From what i'm told Sean was one of the 1st league directors, and i think he was the Td for the des moines open as well.

Clue i agree with the duden liken thing. Ive always thought that. Look alike, throw far, get pissed easy. Figured since few ppl know both of them it was just me. Duden is definitely a better putter imo.
I have inside jokes with strangers.
Most interesting man in the world.
bman12449

Postby Cydisc » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:41 pm

When Walnut first went in, I was playing random doubles league one night. Murph was paired with Randy Bower (not pertinent to the story, but interesting to note). On what is now #2, Sean threw this crazy backhand spike anhyzer over the trees and stuck it 10' from the pin. I don't think Randy had to do much that night.
Cydisc

Postby Like_Water » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:14 pm

I see him and his brother every now and then around town. They did some work at my workplace. He lent me his pipe bender to build my cart.

They were talking DG comeback I think in 2009...showed up for a few tournies. I told him my practice schedule and he laughed and said he didn't have that kind of time.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby grodney » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:22 pm

irban wrote:It was the Baby Climo's one year. Could have been great but for the personality differences. Plus both of them likely putted worse than Clue.

edit: I didn't mean to imply that The Baby Climo's included Innis. There was another big gun from back in the day on that team.

Ha ha, I forgot that he and I were the Baby Climo's one year at Hickory Hills. Good memory by you. We definitely both were worse putters than Clue. By a longshot. He wasn't that bad. I was HORRIBLE.
grodney

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff