recommended minneapolis area courses

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby Abe Froman » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:14 pm

Aced hole 15 @ elm creek 2day. Glo buzzz. Goin on an adventure 2morrow, gonna hit as many courses as possible..

I heard WB lake was full of knuckleheads, any truth to that? Doesn't seem as inviting as before...
Abe Froman

Postby Abe Froman » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:35 pm

hit kaposia today. not impresed, maybe i was expecting more from all the hype but it was not taken care of well. it should not be pay to play, and i would like to know where all that money is going, because it's not going into the park for upkeep. the "signs" were soffet metal chunks cut out, stapled to trees with white paint marker writing on them. and the layout is a lawsuit waiting to happen, trip\fall hazards all over the place. i can see how if it's taken care of well it can be an excellent course. some of the holes were awesome but few and far between. 20 and 21 are killer upshot holes, but other than that i was just wondering where the baskets were and why the weeds werent under control better. i really liked all the 3 rivers courses for overall beauty and was expecting the same thing here. higher ssa for sure but not from design aspect. more of a "i dont wanna go for it cuz it'll be another lost disc"

i did like most of the hole designs(aside the overgrowth)

i did find a great gyros place on roberts just a few blocks to the east. :o
Abe Froman

Postby Grimm » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:34 pm

Bring me back a gyro.

IDK but Kaposia may have overgrowth because of the statewide shut down a little while ago and they just haven't caught up yet. I've played it in the winter and spring a long time ago and thought it was good.
Grimm

Postby Abe Froman » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:45 pm

The govt shutdown didn't affect any of the courses. None of them are state parks. It just reminded me of a delipadated walnut. Quality holes/ flow. Just not taken care of at all. And I refer to walnut in course design wise, not in reference of how its taken care of. Walnut is well taken care of last I saw
Abe Froman

Postby Grimm » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:54 pm

Abe Froman wrote:The govt shutdown didn't affect any of the courses. None of them are state parks. It just reminded me of a delipadated walnut. Quality holes/ flow. Just not taken care of at all. And I refer to walnut in course design wise, not in reference of how its taken care of. Walnut is well taken care of last I saw

I haven't been there for 10+ years so I don't know. That sucks if they do not maintain that course; at the time it was my favorite to play even in 2' of snow.
Grimm

Previous

Return to Stuff