BW wedgy, ace or not?

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

ace or not?

yes
81%
no
19%

Total votes : 37

Postby Abe Froman » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:56 pm

Hand Fault wrote:there is mention of this in the BW rules sheet: that for the hole to be completed the disc must be resting in the basket, hanging in the chains, or wedged in the side, not resting/hanging on from the top.

how many times did he throw it, 1.

this is all i needed. wasnt sure if this was addressed in the new rules. and didnt have a rules sheet on hand.

thank you, that will be all

\thread

AK- i think what you were tring to say just came out wrong. im sure you do pay attention and help search for errant shots. the PDGA rule states to pay attention, which im sure you do. we all get distracted from time to time for many reasons and i myself do during rounds too. i think what you originally typed came out like you didnt care and avoided watching for slefishness, but what you meant is that its not your responsibility to know where every shot went exactly. which in reality nobody can do. only the player is fully laibale for their own shots in the end. but we all need to help when possible.

its not what you say, rather how you say it.....
Abe Froman

Postby Abe Froman » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:03 pm

Discwrangler wrote:It's really not that complicated of an issue. If you miss the shot, you shouldn't get rewarded. Only this dumb sport would allow something like that because the committee sucks at writing rules.

whoa! did not expect this from TD. lol
Abe Froman

Postby Dale Jordal » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:40 pm

shane wrote:Stupid rule if its supported by any part of the basket or chains it should count yes even up top.

Exactly.... One of the rules any rule committee should follow is.... is the rule we are making enforcable? If not it should not be in the book. There is no reason for the rules committee to have the current rule in the book. There is no reason to debate this type of shot.... If the basket is supporting the disc ( off the ground ) in any way... it should count ( even the top - I agree ) Is this too simple? Also how often is this even going to come up? ..... but when it does why should there be a debate?
FCDGC Home of the:
IA/MN Border Bash - (Iowa Tour Event)
Battle at the Bridge - (North Iowa Tour Event)
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:37 pm

Well the target is called a pole HOLE. the pdga's logic , You can't rest on the hole, or wedge through the hole, you have to go in the hole for it to count.

Total design flaw that allows you to wedge from the outside, quick, someone patent a new basket design!
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Abe Froman » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:54 pm

Sounds like a job for hep. Steve, there's $ to b made....
Abe Froman

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:01 pm

GDL17921 wrote:
Single L wrote:

And as far as the ruling ....... it counts. It's BW's, yes we follow most PDGA rules, but we're a little more relaxed on some of them. I'd say this is one of them.

We all witnessed Claring make a putt on hole 7 at Southwoods that clearly went through the basket and I called it no good and was met with a little resistance. Nothing unfriendly, just lack of knowledge of the rule in it's entirety. Per what you're saying deduct a stroke from Claring's score and adjust his handicap. :lol:

How would you mark that? Or could you set it on edge and roll it away from the pin?
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Grimm » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:21 pm

F that on top BS. The only reason it is there is to hold the chains. If a disc that rests on top of the basket with the current approved baskets will count as a hole out I will not play another sanctioned tournament (except LOD).
Last edited by Grimm on Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grimm

Postby Detra319 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:47 pm

Hand Fault wrote:
Detra319 wrote:
GDL17921 wrote:
Detra319 wrote:
SARG27044 wrote:801.01 (the first rule in the book)

A. Players should not throw until they are certain that the thrown disc will not distract another player or potentially injure anyone present. Players should watch the other members of their group throw in order to aid in locating errant throws and to ensure compliance with the rules.

C. Refusal to perform an action expected by the rules, such as assisting in the search for a lost disc, moving discs or equipment, or keeping score properly, etc., is a courtesy violation.

Key word: Should. Also noticeably absent is any realistic way to enforce that rule.

not absent - says right there it's a courtesy violation. First offense is a warning, second is a stroke. That's in the section under courtesy voilations. I'm watching you Adam, next time you're on my card as soon as you look away I'm calling you on this. :lol:

Someone really understands the absurdity of this? Omg... I'm not saying be a dick and not watch just to be a dick Greco. I'm saying the expectation that I watch all the time is ridiculous.

i must be special, i want to watch everyone throw, maybe i'll learn somthing, or maybe i see a disc do something i've never seen, or maybe i'll see a wedge freaking ace. i guess watching disc golf is just as enjoyable to me as playing it. and maybe if kollin throws his wobbly shit into a tree 10 feet of the fairway i can give him some shit about it. you statement seemed to give the impression that you don't give a hoot about anyone else throws, which could be taken as being a selfish dick. but hey that's just me

Everyone on this forum knows I am a selfish asshole who thinks all td's suck and are ripping people off, so what is one more step towards being a dick? *shrug*
Detra319

Postby Grimm » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Detra319 wrote:
Hand Fault wrote:
Detra319 wrote:
GDL17921 wrote:
Detra319 wrote:

A. Players should not throw until they are certain that the thrown disc will not distract another player or potentially injure anyone present. Players should watch the other members of their group throw in order to aid in locating errant throws and to ensure compliance with the rules.

C. Refusal to perform an action expected by the rules, such as assisting in the search for a lost disc, moving discs or equipment, or keeping score properly, etc., is a courtesy violation.

Key word: Should. Also noticeably absent is any realistic way to enforce that rule.

not absent - says right there it's a courtesy violation. First offense is a warning, second is a stroke. That's in the section under courtesy voilations. I'm watching you Adam, next time you're on my card as soon as you look away I'm calling you on this. :lol:

Someone really understands the absurdity of this? Omg... I'm not saying be a dick and not watch just to be a dick Greco. I'm saying the expectation that I watch all the time is ridiculous.

i must be special, i want to watch everyone throw, maybe i'll learn somthing, or maybe i see a disc do something i've never seen, or maybe i'll see a wedge freaking ace. i guess watching disc golf is just as enjoyable to me as playing it. and maybe if kollin throws his wobbly shit into a tree 10 feet of the fairway i can give him some shit about it. you statement seemed to give the impression that you don't give a hoot about anyone else throws, which could be taken as being a selfish dick. but hey that's just me

Everyone on this forum knows I am a selfish asshole who thinks all td's suck and are ripping people off, so what is one more step towards being a dick? *shrug*

I do not think this about you all. I always have fun playing rounds with you; I know there have only been a few. That being said...don't take the banter from anyone here as personal.
Especially with a BW in the subject. It doesn't matter what is said it is about having a chucking good time.

Unless side bets...

Feel free go to give anyone poop over a bad shot...Especially Stiers. (I'm not wearing that shirt)
Grimm

Postby medicinal funk » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:48 am

Detra319 wrote:
Hand Fault wrote:
Detra319 wrote:
GDL17921 wrote:
Detra319 wrote:

you have to interact with these people on a semi-regular basis?
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby Detra319 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:53 am

Its the internet...despite the fact that people are dicks, I realize I am also a dick and hope that we can realize that when we see each other in this thing we call real life. Hard to not defensive about the stupidest post ever :P
Detra319

Postby Abe Froman » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:25 am

Detra319 wrote:

Really? R u being serious here?
Abe Froman

Postby Detra319 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:38 am

Abe Froman wrote:
Detra319 wrote:

Really? R u being serious here?

Lol...see this is why the internet sucks.

No. not at all serious. You must have missed some of my previous post wars..
Detra319

Postby iowapat » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:07 am

Can't believe that this thread has reached 5 pages and this hasn't been used...

This gun will not reload, cuz bitch I got extendos...
iowapat

Postby Abe Froman » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:12 am

Pat- LMAO

AK- use these...[Sarcasm] [Sarcasm\]
Abe Froman

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff