BW wedgy, ace or not?

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

ace or not?

yes
81%
no
19%

Total votes : 37

Postby The Donator » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:56 pm

Hand Fault wrote:
Single L wrote:
Detra319 wrote:Why should it be my responsibility to watch your shot? I have other things to do when not shooting... just sayin'. I know its courtesy and all that to help have knowledge of where the disc is going, but this is a competition.

^^^^
Worst post of the year. Paying attention is part of the competition. Guess you'll never call a guy for a foot fault and you're probably one of the best to have around for trying to find lost discs :roll:

And as far as the ruling ....... it counts. It's BW's, yes we follow most PDGA rules, but we're a little more relaxed on some of them. I'd say this is one of them.

wtf is this, i'm going flat out and say it too, karstens, you're a f@#$ing idiot. do you even like disc golf?

good grief, reading the word rule is making my bushwhacker hurt. bushwhacker by-laws state that this league was made to shake its' dick at the more uptight and professional leagues, what does all this bantor sound like. not BW's.

there is mention of this in the BW rules sheet: that for the hole to be completed the disc must be resting in the basket, hanging in the chains, or wedged in the side, not resting/hanging on from the top.

how many times did he throw it, 1.

And that will be all, folks. Good night! :lol:
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:58 pm

SARG27044 wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:Sarg- I don't think there are any BW stipulations in regards to wedgies as the PDGA only recently changed their rule on this and I believe this rule was not addressed during the rules committee pre-season orders of business. Hence the grey area. We were all really confused on how to react. It was an interesting 10mins to say the least...
Now I see, I didnt think about the rule change in accordance with BW's...We have Corey, he covers all this shit :lol:
Actually, after the drive home, taco pizza, and safety meeting, I had time to rethink this. Under the old rule it counted, if removed before it fell. Under the new rule, since no one could say for sure it went thru the cage, it counts...So either way you shouldnt have had to think about it :lol: Less beer, more safety meetings for our sister league maybe? :lol: :wink:
SARG27044

Postby Detra319 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:19 pm

Hand Fault wrote:
Single L wrote:
Detra319 wrote:Why should it be my responsibility to watch your shot? I have other things to do when not shooting... just sayin'. I know its courtesy and all that to help have knowledge of where the disc is going, but this is a competition.

^^^^
Worst post of the year. Paying attention is part of the competition. Guess you'll never call a guy for a foot fault and you're probably one of the best to have around for trying to find lost discs :roll:

And as far as the ruling ....... it counts. It's BW's, yes we follow most PDGA rules, but we're a little more relaxed on some of them. I'd say this is one of them.

wtf is this, i'm going flat out and say it too, karstens, you're a f@#$ing idiot. do you even like disc golf?

good grief, reading the word rule is making my bushwhacker hurt. bushwhacker by-laws state that this league was made to shake its' dick at the more uptight and professional leagues, what does all this bantor sound like. not BW's.

there is mention of this in the BW rules sheet: that for the hole to be completed the disc must be resting in the basket, hanging in the chains, or wedged in the side, not resting/hanging on from the top.

how many times did he throw it, 1.

Find someone else to pick on. Watch the top pros, do you think they drop everything and watch the other players throw and wait for them to Chuck up to call foot faults? Ofc not, they are in their own head playing their own game. You can say whatever you want, I am just speaking the truth. I understand there is a difference between BW and a PDGA round. And don't ever doubt me on looking for discs. Ask ANYONE I play with, I am always the guy looking the longest and hardest for other people's discs. Pick on me for something real, not some non-existent rule. Thanks.
Detra319

Postby Detra319 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:24 pm

Yeah, the more I think about this, the more I feel like I am right. How can the PDGA require that a shot be watched in order for it not to count, but not require players to watch? Seems like an oxymoron. Kinda like me...
Detra319

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:24 pm

Detra319 wrote: Watch the top pros, do you think they drop everything and watch the other players throw and wait for them to Chuck up to call foot faults? Ofc not, they are in their own head playing their own game. Um....actually I see more violations called on the top elite cards than anywhere else combined You can say whatever you want, I am just speaking the truth. Pick on me for something real, not some non-existent rule. What NON EXISTENT rule was discussed that you are talking about? just curious, not attacking you
SARG27044

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:30 pm

801.01 (the first rule in the book)

A. Players should not throw until they are certain that the thrown disc will not distract another player or potentially injure anyone present. Players should watch the other members of their group throw in order to aid in locating errant throws and to ensure compliance with the rules.

C. Refusal to perform an action expected by the rules, such as assisting in the search for a lost disc, moving discs or equipment, or keeping score properly, etc., is a courtesy violation.
SARG27044

Postby Detra319 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:33 pm

SARG27044 wrote:
Detra319 wrote: Watch the top pros, do you think they drop everything and watch the other players throw and wait for them to Chuck up to call foot faults? Ofc not, they are in their own head playing their own game. Um....actually I see more violations called on the top elite cards than anywhere else combined You can say whatever you want, I am just speaking the truth. Pick on me for something real, not some non-existent rule. What NON EXISTENT rule was discussed that you are talking about? just curious, not attacking you

There are more eyes and more money involved, so there are more reasons for players to watch for violations. We have also all seen the discussions from the amateur players on here saying that they try to educate people not call them for strokes, where on the pro cards it is assumed that you should know the rules so they are called and enforced more often.

The rule I am talking about is this unwritten rule that I need to watch other players. When I say that I don't have, suddenly people act like I am being a total dipshit, and for....what reason again exactly? Because I told the truth and didn't tell you what you wanted to hear? (you being rhetorical, not you sarg)

I do try to be helpful, I watch shots until the end. But if I have something else to do, such as drying a disc, taking a drink, smoking a cigarette (which I don't really do, but am just saying), etc, then I am not going to feel bad because I did not watch your disc, or your putt, or whatever.
Detra319

Postby Detra319 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:34 pm

SARG27044 wrote:801.01 (the first rule in the book)

A. Players should not throw until they are certain that the thrown disc will not distract another player or potentially injure anyone present. Players should watch the other members of their group throw in order to aid in locating errant throws and to ensure compliance with the rules.

C. Refusal to perform an action expected by the rules, such as assisting in the search for a lost disc, moving discs or equipment, or keeping score properly, etc., is a courtesy violation.

Key word: Should. Also noticeably absent is any realistic way to enforce that rule.
Detra319

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:30 pm

Detra319 wrote:

Key word: Should. Also noticeably absent is any realistic way to enforce that rule.

not absent - says right there it's a courtesy violation. First offense is a warning, second is a stroke. That's in the section under courtesy voilations. I'm watching you Adam, next time you're on my card as soon as you look away I'm calling you on this. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:16 pm

i'm so frustrated with f@#$ing people today! on the BW rule sheet everyone should have received at the pick your partner meeting, it says be aware of your groups throws, this is there in the event that if disc is lost, it doesn't take a freaking hour to find and you're walking around asking, where did you throw, what color is it? what's so f#$%king hard to understand about that. oh wait, jerking off in the corner while others throw keeps my mind on my game. oooooooooohhhhh for the love.......
i hope everyone hates me after today
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Detra319 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:26 pm

GDL17921 wrote:
Detra319 wrote:

not absent - says right there it's a courtesy violation. First offense is a warning, second is a stroke. That's in the section under courtesy voilations. I'm watching you Adam, next time you're on my card as soon as you look away I'm calling you on this. :lol:

Someone really understands the absurdity of this? Omg... I'm not saying be a dick and not watch just to be a dick Greco. I'm saying the expectation that I watch all the time is ridiculous.
Detra319

Postby Grimm » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Single L wrote:

^^^^

Adam, if you think BW is all about the competition then you have completely missed the point of this league IMO. Yes, we do play to compete but that is comes after having fun and love for the game then it's friendly competition.

Our rules do state that:
Holing out: The disc must be at rest in the basket, wedged in the basket or hanging in the chains to be completed.

Nice ACE. I hate that hole.
Grimm

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:56 pm

Detra319 wrote:
GDL17921 wrote:
Detra319 wrote:

Someone really understands the absurdity of this? Omg... I'm not saying be a dick and not watch just to be a dick Greco. I'm saying the expectation that I watch all the time is ridiculous.

i must be special, i want to watch everyone throw, maybe i'll learn somthing, or maybe i see a disc do something i've never seen, or maybe i'll see a wedge freaking ace. i guess watching disc golf is just as enjoyable to me as playing it. and maybe if kollin throws his wobbly shit into a tree 10 feet of the fairway i can give him some shit about it. you statement seemed to give the impression that you don't give a hoot about anyone else throws, which could be taken as being a selfish dick. but hey that's just me
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Grimm » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:09 pm

Hand Fault wrote:. and maybe if kollin throws his wobbly shit into a tree 10 feet of the fairway i can give him some shit about it.

I'll see where that ends up 62.3% of the time. As for the other 37.7% of the time, thanks to hopefully everyone on my card for keeping an eye on it.
Grimm

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:15 pm

man, my spelling was terrible today
3x state champ runner up

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff