Rules Questions

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby Dale Jordal » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:30 pm

Single L wrote:
Discgo wrote:If the tree was between the disc and the basket how would it prevent the stance? Just stand behind the disc and throw around the tree.

The question was how do you mark it if leaning up against the tree ........ in that scenario its marked immediately behind the obstacle (tree) on the line of play.

(this all stems from the point that the disc must be flat on the playing surface, if not it must be marked with a mini)

I took it to mean the disc was on the front side ( basket side ) of the tree. if you mark it and there is no room for you foot.... you then take a line thru the tree and mark it on the back side, and then you obviously would be throwing around the tree in that case (even though you landed infront of the tree).
FCDGC Home of the:
IA/MN Border Bash - (Iowa Tour Event)
Battle at the Bridge - (North Iowa Tour Event)
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Postby Discgo » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:55 pm

Dale Jordal wrote:
Single L wrote:
Discgo wrote:If the tree was between the disc and the basket how would it prevent the stance? Just stand behind the disc and throw around the tree.

The question was how do you mark it if leaning up against the tree ........ in that scenario its marked immediately behind the obstacle (tree) on the line of play.

(this all stems from the point that the disc must be flat on the playing surface, if not it must be marked with a mini)

I took it to mean the disc was on the front side ( basket side ) of the tree. if you mark it and there is no room for you foot.... you then take a line thru the tree and mark it on the back side, and then you obviously would be throwing around the tree in that case (even though you landed infront of the tree).
I would re- read the question again.
Discgo

Postby Single L » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:00 am

Dale Jordal wrote:
Single L wrote:

Whether its leaning on the front or back side, the rule doesn't care, If a large solid obstacle prevents a player from taking a legal stance within 30 centimeters directly behind the marker disc, the player shall take his or her stance immediately behind that obstacle on the line of play ....... which would be behind the tree.

The rule doesn't care if your legal lie is tougher or more difficult than where your disc landed. The only thing it cares about is that you are no closer to the hole in relation to where your'e disc came to rest while taking a legal stance. Sometimes you get hosed; however if you were to take it in front of the tree with enough room to throw from, more times than not in this scenario, you would be closer to the hole than your original lie ...... which is not legal.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Discgo » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:19 am

Next time just pick up your disc and we won't have threads like this :lol:
Discgo

Postby bergdawg » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:34 am

My friend's disc was in the river leaned up against a rock. About 1/4 of the disc is underwater, with the other half on leaning on the rock. Is that OB? And, if it isn't, where would the relief be taken it?
"I'm so tough I wipe my ass with sandpaper."
bergdawg

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:45 am

bergdawg wrote:My friend's disc was in the river leaned up against a rock. About 1/4 of the disc is underwater, with the other half on leaning on the rock. Is that OB? And, if it isn't, where would the relief be taken it?
Was the rock surrounded by water? or was it part of the bank? If its surrounded its OB, and you play it where it last went OB. Unless there is a drop zone or the TD tells you to play it differently.
SARG27044

Postby The Donator » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:26 am

I hate this thread, js
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby rightcunnin » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:45 am

bergdawg wrote:My friend's disc was in the river leaned up against a rock. About 1/4 of the disc is underwater, with the other half on leaning on the rock. Is that OB? And, if it isn't, where would the relief be taken it?

Where was the other 1/4 of the disc?
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby The Donator » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:54 am

rightcunnin wrote:

:lol: :lol: I also just farted.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:01 pm

The Donator wrote:
rightcunnin wrote:

:lol: :lol: I also just farted.
So thats why it smells like carmel :? And some of these questions on rules should be "disc golf rules 101" Part of me thinks the rules tests to play NTs, ect, should be forced upon all players at some point :lol:
SARG27044

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:06 pm

http://www.pdga.com/rules
70% of all questions can be answered here...the rest are open for interpretation :lol:
SARG27044

Postby Single L » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:28 pm

SARG27044 wrote:http://www.pdga.com/rules
70% of all questions can be answered here...the rest are open for interpretation :lol:

And 70% of all stats are made up
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby irban » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:45 pm

bergdawg wrote: And, if it isn't, where would the relief be taken it?

803.03 Marking the Lie
C. If the thrown disc comes to rest in-bounds but within one meter of an out-of-bounds line, the lie may be relocated to any point on a one-meter line that extends perpendicularly from the nearest point on the out-of-bounds line, and passes through the center of the thrown disc. This holds true even if the direction takes the lie closer to the hole.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:00 pm

Single L wrote:

lmao. So what does that make your statement? And I did totally make that number up:wink:
SARG27044

Postby chappyfade » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:25 pm

Single L wrote:

Well said, Governor Palin.
chappyfade

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff