PDGA Members no longer needed to vote for board members

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby Abe Froman » Sat May 14, 2011 9:16 pm

..
Last edited by Abe Froman on Sun May 15, 2011 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Abe Froman
 
Posts: 3239
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:42 am
Location: legion park is my backyard

Postby Abe Froman » Sat May 14, 2011 9:18 pm

..
Last edited by Abe Froman on Sun May 15, 2011 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Abe Froman
 
Posts: 3239
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:42 am
Location: legion park is my backyard

Postby tufluk » Sat May 14, 2011 9:42 pm

I agree that there is a lack of transparancy. My concern is the organization will start becoming a big clique, with paying jobs going to cronies without the poor slobs who pay the dues having a say. I don't like rules being made, just to have rules. Make rules to solve or prevent problems. I haven't come to the point of not paying dues, mainly because I don't think I'm being screwed. Yet.
The PDGA board should consider what George Bailey said in It's a Wonderful Life. " This rabble you're talking about...they do most of the working and paying and living and dying in this community." So true. Most people just love the game and want to play. Pickup games, leagues, and local tourneys. Most of us aren't great players. We join the PDGA so they have some funds to promote the SPORT. As long as they don't forget that and begin to promote THEMSELVES, I'll continue to be a member.
And yes, sometimes things get more personal than necessary.
User avatar
tufluk
 
Posts: 994
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:08 am
Location: Moline,IL

Postby Sniper26 » Sat May 14, 2011 10:47 pm

Image
User avatar
Sniper26
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:16 pm
Location: Moline, IL

Postby Grimm » Sat May 14, 2011 11:13 pm

Abe Froman wrote:
um dg is free.


Keep telling yourself that when you hand me $50
Grimm
 
Posts: 1299
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids

Postby Abe Froman » Sat May 14, 2011 11:23 pm

..
Last edited by Abe Froman on Sun May 15, 2011 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Abe Froman
 
Posts: 3239
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:42 am
Location: legion park is my backyard

Postby Single L » Sat May 14, 2011 11:33 pm

Bro Hug Commenced
Last edited by Single L on Sun May 15, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
User avatar
Single L
 
Posts: 5981
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Bushwhacking in DSM

Postby GDL17921 » Sat May 14, 2011 11:39 pm

/disection
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8546
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby Grimm » Sat May 14, 2011 11:42 pm

I do agree with the funds. Where do they go? Aren't non-profits supposed to release all finiancial info to the public? Too lazy to look it up.

If I played in less than 10 tournaments a year I would not pay PDGA just to keep a rating and pay just the extra $10 for every tournament I play in.

Really Stiers? I am going to slap you like Rick James did to Charlie Murphy. :lol:
Grimm
 
Posts: 1299
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids

Postby Single L » Sat May 14, 2011 11:56 pm

Grimm wrote:I do agree with the funds. Where do they go? Aren't non-profits supposed to release all finiancial info to the public? Too lazy to look it up


http://www.pdga.com/organizational-documents
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
User avatar
Single L
 
Posts: 5981
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Bushwhacking in DSM

Postby Grimm » Sun May 15, 2011 12:27 am

Single L wrote:http://www.pdga.com/organizational-documents


Thanks,
Get some rest for LOD next weekend. I'm coming to your parents place for breakfast if I don't get hotel all weekend.

"bounced check charges", Listed as other income. There has to be a lot of bounced checks to actually put it on the list.
Grimm
 
Posts: 1299
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids

Postby Discgo » Sun May 15, 2011 7:07 am

Single L wrote:
Grimm wrote:I do agree with the funds. Where do they go? Aren't non-profits supposed to release all finiancial info to the public? Too lazy to look it up


http://www.pdga.com/organizational-documents

I thought looking shit up was Lefty's job?
Discgo
 
Posts: 1485
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:30 am
Location: behind the basket

Postby harryPutter » Tue May 17, 2011 10:35 am

I have no issues paying my dues. you do, you make your choice. But being small minded about their choice of an adult beverage vs a coke is insignificant.

The IDGC was built based on what the members at that time thought we needed.

I see this typical attitude of bitching while doing nothing, it's lame. If you really have a big problem with it, do something about it. This board will get you nowhere, trust me.


Well said Tanner... Any one of us can campaign for a board position. I myself plan on it sometime in the future. I choose my words and steps carefully in order to continue building on that goal. Right now all you would have to do is get 5% (maybe even less) of the vote from PDGA members to win an election, because no one votes. You'd win by a landslide...

OK now that I've investigated more thoroughly , yes if not properly enforced this could be a bad thing but I'm all for minority rights. After all the PDGA is very predominately white.
Last edited by harryPutter on Tue May 17, 2011 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
harryPutter
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:40 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Postby harryPutter » Tue May 17, 2011 10:47 am

Discwrangler wrote:The complaints against the PDGA are petty IMO.

They've done a lot of good for the sport. It will never be mainstream entertainment.

You don't have to be mainstream to have millions of patrons, dollars, and influence. I disagree with the fact that we'll never be mainstream though, because it grows too fast and it's too universal for it not to. In fact, I would already call it mainstream in the US, it's just not mainstream on a professional level - which has bigger obstacles to overcome.

The future holds new owners and decision makers at the helm. All the OG disc golf pioneers are getting very old, and they protect their passion/investment with extreme diligence. My guess is that retirement will open up a whole new set of doors for this sport.
Last edited by harryPutter on Tue May 17, 2011 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
harryPutter
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:40 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Postby cgkdisc » Tue May 17, 2011 10:49 am

Board members have not been paid. A few have a few adult beverages at late dinners after the 8-10 hour planning meetings at Summits.
cgkdisc
 
Posts: 496
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: Twin Cities

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron