Whirld Sports

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Whirld Sports

Postby AO » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:35 am

What do you guys think of this? Worth trying it or not? We are thinking about getting them for the shop.

http://www.whirldsports.com/technical-gear/scepter
AO

Postby Nohr » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:47 am

I am going to say no. 2 feet to 2 meters. Well if something is 2 feet away I can use this handy thing called my arm to reach and grab it.

Golden retreivers are like $20-$30 this thing is $80 and what if helps you grab stuff 3 - 10 feet away from you.
Nohr

Postby The Donator » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:48 am

No one would buy that. Way too expensive imo. Although it would be a good idea in that cactus pic, as I once had that exact same lie at Barnett in Florida and poked myself in the eye trying to reach and get it.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby z-man » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:50 am

I would agree with the previous posts...I like the idea...but I can engineer my own for 10 bucks
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby Buzzznation » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:07 am

If it extended to 10 meters so I could use it to determine if it's outside the circle. Then maybe.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Dana » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:17 am

I've got the Sceptor and use it quite often. I practice putting quite a bit so its nice to use so I don't have to bend over for every miss.

The recent addition of the rake/hook on the end has been huge.
I've found it quite useful this spring on some of the courses that have standing water. Its nice not having to hunt around for a stick, take my shoes off or actually go in the water with the shoes on. I can just extend the Sceptor and rake the disc in.

It also came in quite handy at the memorial this year. I saved quite a few of my discs and other peoples as well. You can't really hop in the water during a tournament, or hunt for a long stick. I

In about 3 months of using the sceptor on the course I've saved $100 + in discs (without sacrificing time or wet feet). I will admit that most of my Sceptor use does go on during putting sessions. Bending over a ton of times is a problem no more. It also comes in handy during field sessions.
Dana

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:47 am

The Donator wrote:No one would buy that. Way too expensive imo. Although it would be a good idea in that cactus pic, as I once had that exact same lie at Barnett in Florida and poked myself in the eye trying to reach and get it.

HOW old are You?

Common Sense, my man....and less drinking.

I agree with Lindsley though, its expensive. We dont have customers that practice putting enough to need an $80 "Wow Im lazy" tool.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby The Donator » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:56 am

Chase20460 wrote:
The Donator wrote:No one would buy that. Way too expensive imo. Although it would be a good idea in that cactus pic, as I once had that exact same lie at Barnett in Florida and poked myself in the eye trying to reach and get it.

HOW old are You?

Common Sense, my man....and less drinking.

It was when I first started playing, id never played with cacti as rough before, and I really wanted my CE Teebird back.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby z-man » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:32 pm

Chase20460 wrote:We dont have customers that practice putting enough to need an $80 "Wow Im lazy" tool.

And wouldn't you have to bend down to pick up the tool after you've thrown your round of discs? I don't assume you hold onto it while practicing your putts...
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby irban » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:19 am

z-man wrote:
Chase20460 wrote:We dont have customers that practice putting enough to need an $80 "Wow Im lazy" tool.

And wouldn't you have to bend down to pick up the tool after you've thrown your round of discs? I don't assume you hold onto it while practicing your putts...

Maybe the $95 deluxe version has a kickstand.

I love to see well engineered stuff like this. The bulb suction thing is what makes it so cool, but also likely what drove up the cost.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby GDL17921 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:55 am

you've got to be Chucking kidding me. If you're having to pick up a shit load of discs when you're practice putting, move closer. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby medicinal funk » Mon May 02, 2011 12:33 pm

or don't miss your putts
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Return to Stuff