DG Course Review

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby njrules » Thu May 05, 2011 11:12 am

medicinal funk wrote:everybody on dgcr has nothing but good things to say about wildcat. it's one of the favorite iowa destinations for people who use the site to plan travel

njrules

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Thu May 05, 2011 12:33 pm

Yep, that's about the right size for Wildcat Bluff mosquitos, quite a bit larger than those found in Minnesota? :wink:

It's been dry this year and haven't seen any so far. But, when they're around you definitely have to focus more. They really don't bother me much. Put your spray on and man up then you'll be alright.
Budhyzer 17696

Postby njrules » Thu May 05, 2011 12:42 pm

yeah I hope to get back out there again this year, last year was my first time getting to the course (was built after I moved to MN), really liked the course but had the worst experience ever skeeter experience on a DG course -- but I'm sure I'm just getting soft now that I turned 30.
njrules

Postby Crager » Thu May 05, 2011 1:03 pm

njrules wrote:yeah I hope to get back out there again this year, last year was my first time getting to the course (was built after I moved to MN), really liked the course but had the worst experience ever skeeter experience on a DG course -- but I'm sure I'm just getting soft now that I turned 30.

Once you get over 50, skeeters won't bother you , the skin gets so tough that they don't even try to bite. :lol:

Every good discer should have some 40% and 100% deet and a bottle of Absorbine Jr. with them at all times in the summer.
Crager

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Thu May 05, 2011 2:12 pm

Crager wrote:
njrules wrote:yeah I hope to get back out there again this year, last year was my first time getting to the course (was built after I moved to MN), really liked the course but had the worst experience ever skeeter experience on a DG course -- but I'm sure I'm just getting soft now that I turned 30.

Once you get over 50, skeeters won't bother you , the skin gets so tough that they don't even try to bite. :lol:

Plus the layer of dust makes it harder too. :lol:
I'm sure it was just an anomaly last year, I don't remember any other years being as bad.
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Detra319 » Thu May 05, 2011 3:45 pm

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:
Crager wrote:

I'm sure it was just an anomaly last year, I don't remember any other years being as bad.

We got ran off the course twice last year...once with just some regular old off, the next time with deet spray and wipes and a fogger we carried in the bag...still wasnt enough, they were like insane japanese fighter pilots...
Detra319

Postby medicinal funk » Thu May 05, 2011 6:54 pm

yeah i guess that's always true. i was pushed out by them once too. it was kind of difficult to tee off when my mouth, nose, eyes, and ears were constantly filling with mosquitoes

pretty sure there was a point where i was trying to putt and i couldn't see the basket due to a wall of them
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby hyzerman16234 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:03 pm

Detra319 wrote:
Budhyzer 17696 wrote:
Crager wrote:

We got ran off the course twice last year...once with just some regular old off, the next time with deet spray and wipes and a fogger we carried in the bag...still wasnt enough, they were like insane japanese fighter pilots...

I've had temporary insanity from the bastards! :twisted: Try weed eating for 5 hours. If you happen to see me out there in a couple weeks swearing and swatting at the air, it's just bugs.
hyzerman16234

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Sat May 07, 2011 9:00 pm

Thanks for your support Jay. :wink:
Budhyzer 17696

Previous

Return to Stuff