DG Course Review

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

DG Course Review

Postby Like_Water » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:14 pm

Lots of fun going on over there.

This thread is kinda funny.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby medicinal funk » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:22 pm

also check out all the awesome pictures i put up for shaver park including the new layout
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby KVN » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:55 am

medfu you got skills thks for the shots
KVN

Postby Nohr » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:00 am

Averys thread was pretty funny. Valid question though person has 6 posts (probably 5 of them in that thread). Someone should make a ken_climo handle and see if they blindly follow you as the champ.
Nohr

Postby Nohr » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:38 pm

I just wanted to bump this and say the freakin rating system over is junk junk junk. So many people rate courses at a 5. How many freakin 5's have you played in your life?
Nohr

Postby medicinal funk » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:01 pm

Nohr wrote:I just wanted to bump this and say the freakin rating system over is junk junk junk. So many people rate courses at a 5. How many freakin 5's have you played in your life?

that's why you read the reviews to see if they even know what they are talking about or not. the site has what are called "trusted reviewers" as lame as it sounds, but certain people write good ones. people can thumb reviews that were useful or not useful, they have an okay system
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby Nohr » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:04 pm

If they have trusted reviewers they should have trusted reviewer averages.
Nohr

Postby medicinal funk » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:34 pm

there are different levels of it i guess, there are people on this site that travel the united states playing disc golf and sharing their experiences on here that have shit loads of reviews voted as "helpful" by users
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby tufluk » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:44 pm

Free course ratings are like free advice, worth every penny you pay for them.
tufluk

Postby Single L » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:54 pm

Overall it’s a great site. Sure some of the reviews and ratings are skewed, but that’s why they have advanced queries you can run on the reviews. For me I only look at reviews from people that have played 5 years or more and have played more than 25 courses. That usually gives me fairly accurate reviews and good info to go on. Sometimes I use the Trusted Reviewer button sometimes I don't. Sometimes only looking at trusted reviewers you eliminate solid reviews from people that haven’t reviewed very many courses (like myself) but offer solid reviews when they do give their opinions.

So yes if you are only looking at the straight up course rating you will find this site flawed. Some courses have too few of reviews to be accurate and some have way too many local/homer ratings to be accurate. If you use your brain on this site it’s a great tool and resource.

I have used this site extensively when traveling around the Midwest and have never been steered wrong or misinformed when I use my criteria listed above.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Crager » Tue May 03, 2011 8:07 am

Single L wrote:Overall it’s a great site. Sure some of the reviews and ratings are skewed, but that’s why they have advanced queries you can run on the reviews. For me I only look at reviews from people that have played 5 years or more and have played more than 25 courses. That usually gives me fairly accurate reviews and good info to go on. Sometimes I use the Trusted Reviewer button sometimes I don't. Sometimes only looking at trusted reviewers you eliminate solid reviews from people that haven’t reviewed very many courses (like myself) but offer solid reviews when they do give their opinions.

So yes if you are only looking at the straight up course rating you will find this site flawed. Some courses have too few of reviews to be accurate and some have way too many local/homer ratings to be accurate. If you use your brain on this site it’s a great tool and resource.

I have used this site extensively when traveling around the Midwest and have never been steered wrong or misinformed when I use my criteria listed above.

I like this site .
When I am talking to someone about Wildcat I always tell them to check out DGCR first.
I always check out the site when I am going to travel too.
Use your head and take the reviews with a grain of salt.
Crager

Postby hyzerman16234 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:07 pm

Crager wrote:
Single L wrote:Overall it’s a great site. Sure some of the reviews and ratings are skewed, but that’s why they have advanced queries you can run on the reviews. For me I only look at reviews from people that have played 5 years or more and have played more than 25 courses. That usually gives me fairly accurate reviews and good info to go on. Sometimes I use the Trusted Reviewer button sometimes I don't. Sometimes only looking at trusted reviewers you eliminate solid reviews from people that haven’t reviewed very many courses (like myself) but offer solid reviews when they do give their opinions.

I like this site .
When I am talking to someone about Wildcat I always tell them to check out DGCR first.
I always check out the site when I am going to travel too.
Use your head and take the reviews with a grain of salt.

We could get Wildcat a better rating with a little help. :wink: A few more 5's would do it!
hyzerman16234

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue May 03, 2011 9:11 pm

done
blkwizardsonny

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Wed May 04, 2011 9:16 am

Or get the 2.5 review removed! :roll: Too long for so many trees, boo hoo. :lol:
Budhyzer 17696

Postby GDL17921 » Wed May 04, 2011 10:34 am

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:Or get the 2.5 review removed! :roll: Too long for so many trees, boo hoo. :lol:

yeah it's pretty shitty when you get a bunk review by a gaping vagina. :lol:

Can you comment on the reviews?
GDL17921

Next

Return to Stuff