Forget the boots, just get your arse in shape

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby RonRazz » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:27 am

Discwrangler wrote:
Those chicks are scary.

The Chick in the second video is hot... stronger then me but hot none the less!
RonRazz

Postby GDL17921 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:50 am

not as hot as you though Ron :wink:
GDL17921

Postby Detra319 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:00 am

GDL17921 wrote:not as hot as you though Ron :wink:

Why am I not surprised Jay? Why am I not surprised?
Detra319

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:07 am

Detra319 wrote:
GDL17921 wrote:not as hot as you though Ron :wink:

Why am I not surprised Jay? Why am I not surprised?
Cuz all he thinks about is Cocks in and around mouths...
SARG27044

Postby GDL17921 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:31 am

and asses
GDL17921

Postby z-man » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:42 am

I never had a doubt Sarg...I take no offense to nothing 8)
The best I can describe a lung re-inflating is like a huge wadded up piece of paper slowly uncrackling/uncurling back into shape (that was the most painful part)...Most of it happened at once, but over the next couple of days...every once in a while a little piece would uncrackle a bit more...causing me to curse the cigs even more...Recovery is going well...physically i'm back to 95% or so...but the psychological effects could take a lot longer to overcome...it'll be tough trusting myself enough to fully exert myself again...
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby RonRazz » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:36 pm

Single L wrote:I'm a month in and hate you and your wallball shots and burpees and .........

Don't expect me to be squatting and pressing Nicely at Wildcat next year ...... that's just f'ing weird :lol:

Oh you complain but you still keep doing the workouts don't you? I kind of hate to love it. Missing a workout is like not having that first cup of coffee in the morning, the day is just not complete without it!

Oh and next year I'll be up to 2 Nicelys.
RonRazz

Postby Like_Water » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:19 pm

RonRazz wrote:
Single L wrote:I'm a month in and hate you and your wallball shots and burpees and .........

Don't expect me to be squatting and pressing Nicely at Wildcat next year ...... that's just f'ing weird :lol:

Oh you complain but you still keep doing the workouts don't you? I kind of hate to love it. Missing a workout is like not having that first cup of coffee in the morning, the day is just not complete without it!

Oh and next year I'll be up to 2 Nicelys.

I'm a week in an sore as shit. I'm interested to see how this crossfit works out for dg. Definitely need to focus on some stretching and work on mobility. Heels to the floor? not quite.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Sprague » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:04 pm

I'll be deadlifting Rhonda this year...huh Duden?
Sprague

Postby CalebP » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:53 pm

In addition to the standard pushups and situps, ive been considering buying of these: http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=171
Couldnt hurt, Climo uses it.
CalebP
Site Admin

Postby RonRazz » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:47 pm

Discwrangler wrote:I'm a week in an sore as shit. I'm interested to see how this crossfit works out for dg. Definitely need to focus on some stretching and work on mobility. Heels to the floor? not quite.

What have you done for WOD's? Whats hurting? I might be able to help.

Thats the one thing I really started pushing myself on is stretching. I have horrible hamstring flexibility and specific stretching has helped improve my range of motion a lot.
RonRazz

Postby RonRazz » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:49 pm

CalebP wrote:In addition to the standard pushups and situps, ive been considering buying of these: http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_disp ... .php?p=171 Couldnt hurt, Climo uses it.

Ebay resistance bands and you'll save money.
RonRazz

Postby Single L » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:16 pm

Well Ron I had my first Mid-Workout puke and almost blacked-out today (after my 6th set the room was spinning, head was pounding, and I thought I was going to be out for the count). Funny part is todays workout wasn't even close to the hardest one I've done (12/13/10 WOD); I guess I must have pushed myself little to hard today. The almost blackout is proof that I need to work on my breathing a little more so I don't deprive my brain of the oxygen it needs ....... the puking, now that was just part of the no pain no gain ....... "puking is part of pushing yourself, and pushing yourself what Crossfit is all about" :wink:
Single L

Postby Like_Water » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:48 pm

RonRazz wrote:
Discwrangler wrote:I'm a week in an sore as shit. I'm interested to see how this crossfit works out for dg. Definitely need to focus on some stretching and work on mobility. Heels to the floor? not quite.

What have you done for WOD's? Whats hurting? I might be able to help.

Thats the one thing I really started pushing myself on is stretching. I have horrible hamstring flexibility and specific stretching has helped improve my range of motion a lot.

I had my bro in-law come up with 2 weeks of body weight WOD's to get me started/through the holidays with what little equipment I have at home, before I join DM Crossfit.

Here is what he prescribed:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?key= ... UFXOGc&f=0

9-Dec 5 Rounds For time - 15 pushups, 20 Airsquats
10-Dec 50 Burpees for time
11-Dec Jumprope- Accumulate 20 Mins of Jumping Rope
12-Dec Rest
13-Dec 4 Rounds 20 Steps Walking Lunge, 10 sit ups
14-Dec 8 Rounds 20 Secs on and 10 Secs off of Airsquats "Tabata Squats"
15-Dec Rest - Do some stretching - Work on getting into a deep squat
16-Dec 21-15-9 Reps of Pull ups, burpees
17-Dec 100 Air Squats for Time
18-Dec Run 3 x 400 M rest 3 Minutes Between efforts
19-Dec Rest
20-Dec Every minute on the minute for 10 Min- Perform 5 Dumbbell Presses (Whatever Weight you can) and 5 Pushups
21-Dec 3 Rounds- For time 10 Dumbbell Swings, 10 Sit ups, 10 pushups
22-Dec Rest
23-Dec For time- 100 Steps Walking Lunge, 50 Air Squats, 25 Pushups, 50 Airsquats, 100 Steps Walking lunge
24-Dec 1 Min on 1 min off x 10 of Plank Holds (Pushup top position)

So far I'm really impressed on the gains and how I feel. I'm basically doing a 15 minute full body workout (now warmup) then the WOD. It's been a huge tax on my legs and glutes, but I get through everything. I'm setting up an agility ladder tonight and incorporating that in the warmup. And yeah, stretching is a good part of the warmup, which includes some yoga and straight up hamstring stretches. I'm expanding the warmup as I go, at least until I get to the puking stage :lol:

I feel like this little intro is going to be the best for actually getting into real crossfit, that I'll be paying money for.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby RonRazz » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:37 pm

Single L wrote:Well Ron I had my first Mid-Workout puke and almost blacked-out today (after my 6th set the room was spinning, head was pounding, and I thought I was going to be out for the count). Funny part is todays workout wasn't even close to the hardest one I've done (12/13/10 WOD); I guess I must have pushed myself little to hard today. The almost blackout is proof that I need to work on my breathing a little more so I don't deprive my brain of the oxygen it needs ....... the puking, now that was just part of the no pain no gain ....... "puking is part of pushing yourself, and pushing yourself what Crossfit is all about" :wink:

I forget what scale WOD you do Corey but the the single unders/ double unders are meant to be a major Cardio work out and if you are breathing wrong on your dead lift you can definitely pass out. Be sure to have maintain a flat back, tight abs, and exhale on the lift.
RonRazz

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff