FOX News - Bad for your health

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

FOX News - Bad for your health

Postby Like_Water » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:28 am

http://www.bnet.com/blog/advertising-bu ... -beck/6399

By all accounts, the advertiser boycott of Fox News Channel over the ideological fuel it provides to right-wing extremists is going nowhere. Only Zurich Financial Services has said anything about it on the record: they’re “reviewing the situation.”

It was a quixotic quest, but not an unreasonable one given the way Fox — and Glenn Beck in particular — seem to be inspiring conservatives to engage in armed civil war with their liberal neighbors. Perhaps advertisers don’t know quite how extreme Fox and Beck have become: The recent incident in which a Kentucky county campaign coordinator for Senate candidate Rand Paul stomped on the head of a female protester is not an isolated example. Here are six actual terrorists inspired by Fox News. They have killed six Americans and wounded six others between them. (Seven, if you count the woman who took a sneaker to the skull from Paul’s man):

1. Charles Wilson: Sentenced to prison last week for repeatedly threatening to kill Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash.). His cousin, in a letter to the court, said: “While his actions were undeniably wrong and his choices were terrible, in part they were the actions of others played out by a very gullible Charlie. He was under the spell that Glenn Beck cast, aided by the turbulent times in our economy. I don’t believe that Charlie even had the ability to actually carry out his threats.”
2. Byron Williams: Arrested while driving to the HQ of the liberal non-profit group The Tides Foundation carrying numerous guns and body armor, intent on killing everyone in the office, before moving on to do the same thing at the ACLU. Williams confessed he views Beck as a “schoolteacher” who “blew my mind.” The would-be killer admitted that Beck “give[s] you every ounce of evidence you could possibly need” to commit violence. He awaits trial in jail.
3. Jim David Adkisson: Killed two people and wounded six others in a shooting attack at the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church in West Knoxville, Tenn., in 2008. Adkisson was inspired by Fox commentator Bernard Goldberg: “This was a symbolic killing,” Adkisson wrote. “Who I wanted to kill was every Democrat in the Senate and House, the 100 people in Bernard Goldberg’s book. I’d like to kill everyone in the mainstream media. But I knew these people were inaccessible to me.” Goldberg is the author of 110 People Who Are Screwing Up America (and Al Franken Is #37)
4. Richard Poplawski: Charged with killing three Pittsburgh police officers who responded to a 911 call about a family dispute at his mother’s Stanton Heights home in April 2009. Polawski “loved Glenn Beck,” according to his mom.
5. James W. Von Brunn: Fox itself was reportedly in danger from white supremacist Von Brunn who was arrested after opening fire at security guards, killing one, at the U.S. Holocaust Museum in Washington, D.C. One of his targets was apparently a “Fox News location.” One of Von Brunn’s pet issues was President Obama’s birth certificate, a “debate” that got plenty of air on Fox.
6. Greg Lee Giusti: Arrested for threatening House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, whom Beck himself has said he would like to poison. Giusti’s mom said: “Greg frequently gets in with a group of people that have really radical ideas and that are not consistent with myself or the rest of the family, which gets him into problems … I say Fox News, or all of those that are really radical, and he, that’s where he comes from.”

Beck spends a lot of time intimating that one day the federal government’s jackbooted thugs will come for us all, at gunpoint. It’s actually the other way around: Beck’s own viewers are the gunmen who want to kill those with whom they disagree. (And note how it’s law enforcement officers and security guards who are mostly taking bullets from Fox’s viewers.)

I’m not saying Fox supports terrorists. I’m saying Fox inspires them.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby gocards300 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:04 am

I just got done playing grand theft auto...I'm going to go drive around and kill some cops now. :lol: :lol:
gocards300

Postby jnecessary » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:04 am

http://www.turnofffox.org/
Get a bumper sticker, I did.
jnecessary

Postby JakeF » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

jnecessary wrote:http://www.turnofffox.org/
Get a bumper sticker, I did.

It's on the way to my house.
JakeF

Postby rightcunnin » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:09 pm

Fox news can suck it and Glenn Beck can't go away quickly enough for my taste, but the idiots in that article have no one to blame their actions on but themselves. The easiest way for someone to get away with a heinous crime is to blame it on __________ <--fill it in. Music, video games, movies, etc etc. Sorry dumbass, you got the short end of the genetic stick and now you got caught. Fvck you and enjoy prison. The only people who are dumber than the criminals are the people who believe and defend these assholes.
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:18 pm

rightcunnin wrote: The only people who are dumber than the criminals are the people who believe and defend these assholes.
Took the words right out of my mouth.
SARG27044

Postby Like_Water » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:30 pm

rightcunnin wrote: The only people who are dumber than the criminals are the people who believe and defend these assholes.

The smart ones are the guys who instigate it, then sit back and collect their paychecks and kickbacks.
Like_Water

Postby rightcunnin » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:41 pm

Discwrangler wrote:

The ones who need to be buried up to the neck in a port-a-potty at a chili cook-off are the guys who instigate it, then sit back and collect their paychecks and kickbacks.

Fixed
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby irban » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:47 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure fox spews viewers are idiots to start with, and some are psychopathic. But you know some people snap because they are pushed. This is somewhat similar to the wanted posters put out for abortion providers by those whack jobs in North Carolina. You can argue that the terrorist's who carried out those killings are prodded into action by Operation Rescue, just as others are prodded by Al Queda.

I still say we had 10 times the things to be mad about during the first 8 years of the 00s. While there was a lot of information about all of the crap that was going on, I don't recall a bunch of psychopaths rising up during that time. Are outcasts and psychopaths attracted to the platform and ideas of the far right? If you don't have the constraint of telling the truth you can say whatever poeple want to hear. Fox spews motive seems to be to fan the flames of discontent, to the point of advocating govt. overthrow. With that strategy, you are bound to rouse some fringers into action.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Like_Water » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

The idea that the GOP's #1 job is to get Obama out at any cost really shows what low lives these people are.

What? Repeal healthcare not because you dislike the legislation, rather because Obama got it done? Nice....keep it classy. :roll:
Like_Water

Postby gretagun » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:43 pm

Just saw this recently, looks fitting for this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Cm4NxHf7E
"Got to sinking in the place where I once stood.
Now I ain't living like I should"
gretagun

Postby O_D » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:24 pm

Tanner, turn in your BOW shirt. Fox News isn't inspiring shiz, the demented, whack job brain in these idiot's heads is inspiring them.

For the record, IMO Glenn Beck is a douche pandering to a select group of FAR right Republicans. If you don't like him, turn the station....or else he might inspire you to buy some gold, a select comfort bed, food insurance, or the latest board game he is pushing. But seriously, how is he any different than Bill Mahr or Janeane Garofalo...other than being financially successful?

"The idea that the GOP's #1 job is to get Obama out at any cost really shows what low lives these people are."
You're out of your mind if you think Dem's aren't the exact same way with a Repub President. All except Nancy Pelosi, I bet she's a really nice stand up lady.

"What? Repeal healthcare not because you dislike the legislation, rather because Obama got it done?"
Huh? First, it's not done, and nobody knows how its going to work or be paid for. You hear another surprise all the time about what is in there, latest i've heard, (but not confirmed), you need a prescription for over the counter meds. Brilliant idea, maybe we do know how it will be paid for...?
It will be repealed because it was pushed through without politicians knowing what was, and wasn't included, and voting anyway.....This tends to piss people off and yesterday was the end result of politicians who voted for it.

(I bet Glenn Beck has stock in U-Haul. He must have got all these Dems voted out so they have to pack up all there shiz and move out of DC and he can make even more money.)

I don't watch a lot of Fox News (accept when Megyn Kelly is on, tell me you wouldn't show her the meaning of the word respect), but do leave Fox Business on if I'm working at home. Last night I flipped back and forth between CNN, Fox, and CNBC. You're friggin crazy if you think there is a difference.
Calmer than you are.
O_D

Postby Like_Water » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:07 pm

O_D wrote: Last night I flipped back and forth between CNN, Fox, and CNBC. You're friggin crazy if you think there is a difference.

I don't. And I would never waste the valuable time I have on this planet, watching any of that garbage. I'd rather be arguing with Philips. :lol:
Like_Water

Postby Single L » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:21 pm

Discwrangler wrote:
O_D wrote: Last night I flipped back and forth between CNN, Fox, and CNBC. You're friggin crazy if you think there is a difference.

I don't. And I would never waste the valuable time I have on this planet, watching any of that garbage. I'd rather be arguing with Philips. :lol:

Too true the only one that's any different is MSNBC ...... however it's just as biased and "unfair and unbalanced" as the rest. It just happens to be that MSNBC leans the way I do so I don't mind watching it. And I'd rather be arguing with me as well :lol:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Like_Water » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:20 pm

O_D wrote: But seriously, how is he any different than Bill Mahr or Janeane Garofalo...other than being financially successful?

Their followers aren't out killing people?
Like_Water

Next

Return to Stuff