Buy it? Rent it? Or don't waste your time?

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby GaW27166 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:09 pm

The Donator wrote:Knocked up was terrible, Superbad was pretty funny (minus Seth Rogan's character).


You do know that Seth Rogen wrote Superbad when he was a teenager right? Guy is a genius.
User avatar
GaW27166
 
Posts: 1762
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:49 pm
Location: Des Moines, IA

Postby Single L » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:29 pm

The Donator wrote:Knocked up was terrible, Superbad was pretty funny (minus Seth Rogan's character).

Don't forget to add Observe and Report (still waiting for my refund) and Zack and Miri Make a Porno to the terrible list.

Superbad is the only movie where I think he shined (his writing not his acting) ...... IMO everything else he's written has been sub-par and any time he has a part or leading role its the same thing ...... stoner with fart and dick jokes ........ real original and creative .... I'll pass
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
User avatar
Single L
 
Posts: 5981
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Bushwhacking in DSM

Postby z-man » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:35 pm

That movie with him and Adam Sandler was pretty funny..."Funny People" I think it was called...I agree for the most part that his roles are getting a little tired at this point...Superbad was hilarious though...
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
User avatar
z-man
 
Posts: 1481
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:48 pm
Location: Anywhere and everywhere

Postby Single L » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:45 pm

I would agree that Funny People was decent but I think I liked it because it was Sandler in a different type of role and different type of humor for him. The writing was much better than most of Apatow's other films. Apatow and Rogan are usually synonymous with each other and they more times than not also involve Jonah Hill (who I also don't care for because of redundancy in his acting).
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
User avatar
Single L
 
Posts: 5981
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Bushwhacking in DSM

Postby 10up » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:55 pm

I agree. and that one movie that Michael Cera played the awkward teenager was pretty bad too...
you're not the girl you think you are
User avatar
10up
 
Posts: 3051
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:55 am
Location: inside my pants

Postby The Donator » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:36 pm

10up wrote:I agree. and that one movie that Michael Cera played the awkward teenager was pretty bad too...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:38 pm

Wall Street 2 was good. It's a definite RENT. I saw in theater & wasn't disappointed.
##39027
ghstinshll
 
Posts: 4143
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:21 am
Location: Des Moines Area

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:27 am

Watched 2 movies last night.
Grown Ups-Fuckin hilarious, laughed for most of the movie

Scott Pilgrim- Wierd flick. Cant decide if it was great, or meh. Id recommend a big ole bag of boomers, and it could possibly be the best movie you've ever seen :lol:
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby jnecessary » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:56 am

SARG27044 wrote:Watched 2 movies last night.
Grown Ups-Chuckin hilarious, laughed for most of the movie

Scott Pilgrim- Wierd flick. Cant decide if it was great, or meh. Id recommend a big ole bag of boomers, and it could possibly be the best movie you've ever seen :lol:
I thought Scott Pilgrim was pretty great. You can tell how much hard work went into the editing on that movie and it kind of sucks that it didn't do so well at the box office. I wouldn't hesitate to have anyone check it out!
jnecessary
 
Posts: 764
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:33 am
Location: Iowa City

Postby The Donator » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:13 pm

Brooklyn's Finest might have just popped into my top 10, such a badass movie
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:16 pm

jnecessary wrote:
SARG27044 wrote:Watched 2 movies last night.
Grown Ups-Chuckin hilarious, laughed for most of the movie

Scott Pilgrim- Wierd flick. Cant decide if it was great, or meh. Id recommend a big ole bag of boomers, and it could possibly be the best movie you've ever seen :lol:
I thought Scott Pilgrim was pretty great. You can tell how much hard work went into the editing on that movie and it kind of sucks that it didn't do so well at the box office. I wouldn't hesitate to have anyone check it out!
My question to you is...Who would you prefer? The cute little asian catholic school girl, or Ramona :lol:
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby Like_Water » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:58 pm

The Donator wrote:Brooklyn's Finest might have just popped into my top 10, such a badass movie


Really? seemed typical to me.

Jackass 3D.....rent it. doesn't need to be 3D...unless you like dildos shooting out of the screen at you.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
User avatar
Like_Water
 
Posts: 5850
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Milky Way

Postby GaW27166 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:35 pm

SARG27044 wrote:
jnecessary wrote:
SARG27044 wrote:Watched 2 movies last night.
Grown Ups-Chuckin hilarious, laughed for most of the movie

Scott Pilgrim- Wierd flick. Cant decide if it was great, or meh. Id recommend a big ole bag of boomers, and it could possibly be the best movie you've ever seen :lol:
I thought Scott Pilgrim was pretty great. You can tell how much hard work went into the editing on that movie and it kind of sucks that it didn't do so well at the box office. I wouldn't hesitate to have anyone check it out!
My question to you is...Who would you prefer? The cute little asian catholic school girl, or Ramona :lol:


Knives for sure.
User avatar
GaW27166
 
Posts: 1762
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:49 pm
Location: Des Moines, IA

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:36 pm

Skyline.... Just horrible. So glad I didnt pay to watch it. Did you ever think War of the Worlds could get worse? Well it could, and did. Nice fucken ending. :roll:
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby rightcunnin » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:41 pm

SARG27044 wrote:
jnecessary wrote:
SARG27044 wrote:Watched 2 movies last night.
Grown Ups-Chuckin hilarious, laughed for most of the movie

Scott Pilgrim- Wierd flick. Cant decide if it was great, or meh. Id recommend a big ole bag of boomers, and it could possibly be the best movie you've ever seen :lol:
I thought Scott Pilgrim was pretty great. You can tell how much hard work went into the editing on that movie and it kind of sucks that it didn't do so well at the box office. I wouldn't hesitate to have anyone check it out!
My question to you is...Who would you prefer? The cute little asian catholic school girl, or Ramona :lol:


I thought Grown Ups was funny in places. Scott Pilgrim was f'n awesome ( and no, no boomers while I watched it). Still can decide on Knives or Ramona. There may not be a wrong answer.
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
User avatar
rightcunnin
 
Posts: 2529
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron