What makes a good tournament?

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:08 am

I think that players expect the results to be posted immediately after the event. We definately expect results to be included in our ratings update. This isn't required by the tour standards, but I think it's become generally accepted as something you do for the players.

What is required is that the TD report get submitted electronically within 2 weeks and payment within a month (B & C Tiers). Maybe it's not clear to some people that results can be posted prior to submission of the TD report.

The thread is entitled "What makes a good tournament?" One item I thought I'd point out is prompt online results.

Anybody that says they went to look for some results for Osky or ILO yesterday and got nothing and wasn't disappointed is lying. I played neither, and I was disappointed. I'm not calling anybody out, just pointing out that a lot more people than you think look for those results.
GDL17921

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:25 am

GDL17921 wrote::cry: :cry: :cry: you mean you actually have to work to get all that am money? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Settle down Chase, and I have done it, and I don't get paid for it, whenever you get done. So I say I've earned my right to point out TD mediocrity. Deal with it.

Whatever Jay. I guess I shouldve just finished with "I am not Jay Greenwood" instead of "I am not perfect."

Know what? Im not going down this road with you today. Its a dead end. Its alot easier to sit back and let people keep thinking what they do of You. I know your not the total douchebag you come off as online. I know you could take the time to be a great influence and already devote the time to be a great person, but it all depends on how you wake up that morning and who you choose to be online.

Hope you throw out that bitter coffee and get a new cup.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:30 am

GDL17921 wrote:I think that players expect the results to be posted immediately after the event. We definately expect results to be included in our ratings update. This isn't required by the tour standards, but I think it's become generally accepted as something you do for the players.

What is required is that the TD report get submitted electronically within 2 weeks and payment within a month (B & C Tiers). Maybe it's not clear to some people that results can be posted prior to submission of the TD report.

The thread is entitled "What makes a good tournament?" One item I thought I'd point out is prompt online results.

Anybody that says they went to look for some results for Osky or ILO yesterday and got nothing and wasn't disappointed is lying. I played neither, and I was disappointed. I'm not calling anybody out, just pointing out that a lot more people than you think look for those results.

Wow, Exactly what I was talking about, and this was posted while I was responding. Had that had been your first post, mine would have looked like this:

I follow the standards, but yeah, it should have been up. My bad.

Chase20460

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:54 am

Chase20460 wrote:Its alot easier to sit back and let people keep thinking what they do of You.

That's pretty funny.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cuz I could care less
GDL17921

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:11 pm

GDL17921 wrote:
Chase20460 wrote:Its alot easier to sit back and let people keep thinking what they do of You.

That's pretty funny.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cuz I could care less

....I know, and that probably didnt need to be said. I just know You do good when you want. That was my point overall. Your point was shit should have been done, and you are correct.

Chase20460

Postby AO » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:25 pm

No final 9's

Tee of at 9 am on Sunday.
AO

Postby jnecessary » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:59 pm

If the tourney is big enough, final 9s are great for spectating. They also work well for occupying people while scores and payouts are worked up. They might suck for the guys in it that are tired and won't be getting home until late, or have to pay to stay another night somewhere.

A skins match does this just as well IMHO, I saw it used fairly well at the First Class Challenge and also at the Justin Trails Open a couple years back.
jnecessary

Postby Clue » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:10 pm

Controversy. When nothing goes wrong there's nothing to talk about.
Clue

Postby grodney » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:53 pm

Playing more than 3 courses when there are 14 available.

Playing at least one of the courses in town that somebody has heard of.
grodney

Postby Abe Froman » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:47 pm

Clean bathrooms on site(not fukin porto-crappers), beer allowed during play or on course grounds. Least ammount of rules as possible, start on time, finish as early as possible. New holes/temp holes to mix it up. No player packs, give that $ to the people that cash. Lots of room for parking, food on site so I don't have to leave for lunch and hurry back to my hole.

I pretty much just described doom to a "T".... Jus sayin, no wonder it's the worlds biggest c-tier..

O and a final 9 so olsen has something to cry about, sssss
Abe Froman

Previous

Return to Stuff