What makes a good tournament?

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby The Donator » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:43 am

ghstinshll wrote:clue doesn't let things go easily, does he? :lol: Did you get jewed out of a victory, or what?

JFC... Image
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:57 am

Cydisc wrote:"jewed"?

Yeah no shit. Im not jewish or Brendan Fraiser, but if I were Id be on my way to Scheels. I guess you never saw School Days?
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby z-man » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:36 am

Chase20460 wrote:
Cydisc wrote:"jewed"?

Yeah no shit. Im not jewish or Brendan Fraiser, but if I were Id be on my way to Scheels. I guess you never saw School Days?

Or strolled through West Hollywood...
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby AO » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:56 pm

2 meter rule! Hate it and there is no need for it. Hey...lets tack on an extra stroke for a shot that usually wasn't good anyway! I had 3 of them this weekend and saw a total of 8 on my cards over the weekend.
AO

Postby Single L » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:31 am

Really an NT used the 2-Meter Rule??? Lame
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Clue » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:53 am

porkchop wrote:Really an NT used the 2-Meter Rule??? Lame

I don't know if it's a regional thing since the two tournaments I've heard of were in Indiana and Ohio, but after playing without the rule I'm convinced of it's stupidity.
Clue

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:00 am

yeah, it's stupid, but what's even more stupid, is that the PDGA won't even take a stance on the rule. They just kind of recinded it, with an *Oh, by the way, if you're one of those old schoolers that got pissed that we actually tried to make a decision to make the game better, you can still use this dumb rule at your discretion.
GDL17921

Postby z-man » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:14 am

Some places out here still enforce it...though...there are a lot of low PDGA numbers that reside in California...My vote would place the 2 meter rule into the Lame category as well...
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby AO » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:57 am

What frustrated me is there were so many high shots where you went over trees. It's just luck if you fell out or bad luck if you stuck.

...and isn't there a rule that A tier and above you need to have either fly pads or tee from cement? The west course had neither and we teed from grass on 90% of the shots.
AO

Postby Single L » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:13 am

AO wrote:...and isn't there a rule that A tier and above you need to have either fly pads or tee from cement? The west course had neither and we teed from grass on 90% of the shots.

I don't think so ....... or else Timmy Gill wouldn't have gotten away with it for all these years at Hyland ..... almost all the temps at Hyland Tee off Grass or Gravel.

Tour Standards only state that you must have PDGA approved Championship targets of same design and manufacturer for NT and A-Tiers ...... nothing about Tee pads

The NT agreement states that - All courses are recommended to have non-earthen tee pads located at or above ground level
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Cydisc » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:29 am

porkchop wrote:
AO wrote:...and isn't there a rule that A tier and above you need to have either fly pads or tee from cement? The west course had neither and we teed from grass on 90% of the shots.

I don't think so ....... or else Timmy Gill wouldn't have gotten away with it for all these years at Hyland ..... almost all the temps at Hyland Tee off Grass or Gravel.

Tour Standards only state that you must have PDGA approved Championship targets of same design and manufacturer for NT and A-Tiers ...... nothing about Tee pads

The NT agreement states that - All courses are recommended to have non-earthen tee pads located at or above ground level

You'd think that NT events would at least have complementary loaner Cadillacs for the competitors.
Cydisc

Postby AO » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:52 pm

No...not really an expectation.
AO

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:03 pm

to answer the question of the thread.......two kegs, one of Fat Tire, and the other Sunshine Wheat, served up with kick ass barbecue pulled pork sandwiches, beans, pasta salad, potato salad, chips. All served around activities like Ring-o-Fire, CTP qualifiers for a basket to be won the next day, and a nine hole mini golf course you can play competitively for $2 with the low score winner to be crowned with a sweet mini basket..(congrats Tank)

I know I went to the right event last weekend. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby AO » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:15 pm

I think BHMO was run well but would have liked tees on the West Course and I really dislike the 2 meter rule. But the courses was in great shape. They're fair, challenging, and require different type of shots. The tourney also had players guides and we were treated to a buffet dinner at Quaker Steak and Lube.
AO

Postby The Donator » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:44 pm

AO wrote:I think BHMO was run well but would have liked tees on the West Course and I really dislike the 2 meter rule. But the courses was in great shape. They're fair, challenging, and require different type of shots. The tourney also had players guides and we were treated to a buffet dinner at Quaker Steak and Lube.

Those dam holes look pretty cool. How many were there? I saw that picture of some guy teeing off over some 4 foot high road railing or something, looked a little janky...
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff