Introduce yourself...

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:11 pm

Hey im Tye Rosteck I play a lil disc every now and then :lol: I like to talk shit as well if you didnt notice :D
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby irban » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:41 pm

Hey dude.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby LucSTR » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:28 pm

whats up guys(and gals). name is luc just moved to west des moines from st. charles mo. i am 24 and have been playin for almost a year so im a little bit of a noob but i have fallen in love with the sport. only course i have played so far is southwoods cuz its really close to my place. would love to meet up with some of ya for a game.
LucSTR

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:16 pm

this thread is nice, i love disc golf!
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Potter » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:23 pm

Tim Potter here, kind of slow getting on to iowadg. I live in Cedar Rapids, 25 years old. Legion and Sugarbottom are my 2 favorite courses in town. This was my first year of buschwackers, best time of my life! I'm sad to see the nice weather and tournaments starting to fade away...
Potter

Postby medicinal funk » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:55 am

i've already met handfuls of folks from this site here and there when caddying and playing in cedar rapids, and i somehow missed this thread, so why not. my name is chuck, i live about 30 feet from AO in cedar rapids, i'm twenty, and i work at a pizza shop by kirkwood. i picked up disc golf early last spring after shooting a round with a dx valk at shaver park after work with some friends and became hooked after a couple rounds. spent most of the summer and fall playing all 4 of the cedar rapids courses, i want to get out to sugar and turkey more this year, though. learning about the game, meeting lots of new people, and most of all just getting out there and playing is a blast for me. i've been contemplating a massive homicide and then suicide now that it is winter

you can usually find me at jones or shaver park most days, rain or shine (but not snow because i'm a vagina) i like to solo play because i can focus on my game, but i also love grouping up with new people.
medicinal funk

Postby anubis080 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:57 pm

medicinal funk wrote:i've already met handfuls of folks from this site here and there when caddying and playing in cedar rapids, and i somehow missed this thread, so why not. my name is chuck, i live about 30 feet from AO in cedar rapids, i'm twenty, and i work at a pizza shop by kirkwood. i picked up disc golf early last spring after shooting a round with a dx valk at shaver park after work with some friends and became hooked after a couple rounds. spent most of the summer and fall playing all 4 of the cedar rapids courses, i want to get out to sugar and turkey more this year, though. learning about the game, meeting lots of new people, and most of all just getting out there and playing is a blast for me. i've been contemplating a massive homicide and then suicide now that it is winter

you can usually find me at jones or shaver park most days, rain or shine (but not snow because i'm a vagina) i like to solo play because i can focus on my game, but i also love grouping up with new people.

It was good meeting you at PIAS the other week! Try out wildcat too, its closer than iowa city area and quite a bit of fun/challenge :)
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

new hobby, old guy

Postby tufluk » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:19 pm

Started throwing may 2009. Retired, nothing better to do. Outdoor sports ls nothing new to me. Hunting, and competitive archery, artifact hunting and politics have been my intrests. This forum is like a social network. I probably should join an anti-social network, but can't find one. This will have to do. Being retired, I'm on the local QC courses quite a bit. I'm the loud, old dude. I don't recycle, but I don't litter. I'm no good, but I try hard. See you around, Gene

"Success defined by aquisition stinks" Killing Joke
tufluk

Re: new hobby, old guy

Postby rightcunnin » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:44 pm

tufluk wrote:Started throwing may 2009. Retired, nothing better to do. Outdoor sports ls nothing new to me. Hunting, and competitive archery, artifact hunting and politics have been my intrests. This forum is like a social network. I probably should join an anti-social network, but can't find one. This will have to do. Being retired, I'm on the local QC courses quite a bit. I'm the loud, old dude. I don't recycle, but I don't litter. I'm no good, but I try hard. See you around, Gene

Great sig line by an equally great band. Welcome Gene.
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby irban » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:49 pm

tufluk wrote:Started throwing may 2009. Retired, nothing better to do. Outdoor sports ls nothing new to me. Hunting, and competitive archery, artifact hunting and politics have been my intrests. This forum is like a social network. I probably should join an anti-social network, but can't find one. This will have to do. Being retired, I'm on the local QC courses quite a bit. I'm the loud, old dude. I don't recycle, but I don't litter. I'm no good, but I try hard. See you around, Gene

Sup Tufluk? You packin'? :)
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Packin'

Postby tufluk » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:58 pm

Was packing my bag around Prospect at about 3. Hated to miss Judge Judy, but 25 and no wind. Saw 4 other hardy souls ahead of me. Tee pads icy, I wear Yak Trax on my boots. Metal springs underfoot gives pretty good traction. Snow is crusty, easy to find discs, skips for extra "D".

"Though my problems are meaningless, That don't make them go away" Neil Young
tufluk

Postby Captain » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:07 am

tufluk wrote: Outdoor sports ls nothing new to me. Hunting, and competitive archery....

Hey Tufluk!!

As a fellow hunter and archer, just curious how your hunting season was? I hunted hard til Nov 18th, but never saw any big bucks. :? :?
Captain

2010 Hunting season

Postby tufluk » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:44 am

Spent too much time on disc golf courses during early bow season. Struck out w/ bow. Got a decent 10 point buck Saturday of 1st gun season. Just a few minutes befor shooting time ended. Nothing during muzzeloading season. Saw more deer at Camden II while playing than I did hunting. Not sure my shotgun would fit in my golf bag.
tufluk

Re: 2010 Hunting season

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:06 am

tufluk wrote: Not sure my shotgun would fit in my golf bag.

Im sure you have a saw laying around.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby tufluk » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:30 am

A wise man (or wise guy) once said the only difference between a shotgun and a pistol is a hacksaw. I will be coming over later to pick up a small bag for spare discs.

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli" Clemenza
tufluk

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff