You got questions? Someone probably has the answer

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:53 am

rightcunnin wrote:
Nick Strut wrote:Anyone have a magic solution for cleaning glass ware? Or smoke covered car windows?

Windex. and use newspaper to wipe them with not paper towels or rags
They have glass cleaner for smoke removal as well. But yeah p towels will just smear it around
SARG27044

Postby grodney » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:56 am

irban wrote:It's somewhere in the Javascript anyway, since when you disable javascript, it doesn't do it.

Friggen spies!
grodney

Postby irban » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:49 am

grodney wrote:
irban wrote:It's somewhere in the Javascript anyway, since when you disable javascript, it doesn't do it.

Friggen spies!

Interesting though, right? Auto citation maybe. I don't know what parameter sets the 30 character or whatever limit, but I wonder if the idea is, when you copy a significant amount of text, you should be crediting the source.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Like_Water » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:34 am

My question: How do the Repubs get away with telling us we’re broke in one breath only to state we should keep the Bush tax cuts in the next? Did they flunk math? Or did they just not have it since they are obviously against education?
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby rightcunnin » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:46 am

Discwrangler wrote:My question: How do the Repubs get away with telling us we’re broke in one breath only to state we should keep the Bush tax cuts in the next? Did they flunk math? Or did they just not have it since they are obviously against education?

This may need to be put under a new thread. Something along the lines of " Here's an unanswerable question"
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby grodney » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:08 am

Discwrangler wrote:My question: How do the Repubs get away with telling us we’re broke in one breath only to state we should keep the Bush tax cuts in the next? Did they flunk math? Or did they just not have it since they are obviously against education?

The same way they "protect life" (anti-choice) in one breath, and call for the death penalty in the next.

The same way they grouse about government intervention in one breath, and then call for government laws against (online) gambling in the next.
grodney

Postby Single L » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:11 am

grodney wrote:The same way they grouse about government intervention in one breath, and then call for government laws against (online) gambling in the next.

And laws against gay marriage ......
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby grodney » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:28 am

They're pretty much in favor of the government regulating anything that their religion says is a sin.
grodney

Postby Single L » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:30 am

grodney wrote:They're pretty much in favor of the government regulating anything that their religion says is a sin.

........ or that is "Un-American" :roll:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby grodney » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:34 am

What do I need to capture VCR tapes and get them onto my computer?

I'll need a VCR. I understand that.

But then what? A "TV Tuner" card or usb thingy? Or what? Or is there some other way?

What's my cheapest solution?

Can I use a coax out on the VCR and go to some cheap device that somehow gets it onto the computer?

I don't NEED to watch TV or have anything fancy. Just record from VCR to my computer.

Thanks!
grodney

Postby SpikeHyzer » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:19 am

grodney wrote:What do I need to capture VCR tapes and get them onto my computer?

I'll need a VCR. I understand that.

But then what? A "TV Tuner" card or usb thingy? Or what? Or is there some other way?

What's my cheapest solution?

Can I use a coax out on the VCR and go to some cheap device that somehow gets it onto the computer?

I don't NEED to watch TV or have anything fancy. Just record from VCR to my computer.

Thanks!

I have done this a couple of times. You will need lots of storage because the initial conversions are usually fairly large. The vhs to digital converter that I have used cost around $90(Pinnacle Dazzle Video Creator). You might be able to find a used set on ebay. It has rca in's with a usb out to the pc. It usually comes with software and all you usually have to do is put the tape in the vcr and hit play and the software will record the video to you computer.

VCR -> Converter Box -> PC
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby papparoc » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:18 pm

What do you do when your kid wants to play football and you don't want him to play? Foosball is the devil!
papparoc

Postby Single L » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:33 pm

papparoc wrote:What do you do when your kid wants to play football and you don't want him to play? Foosball is the devil!

Let them play!!!!

I am not a father .... yet ..... but when I was a kid I wanted to play Ice hockey and I know my parents weren’t fond of the violent nature of the sport, cost of equipment, and all the travel and expensive involved with that, but they allowed me to play because it made me happy and something I wanted to get involved in. Turns out I was pretty good and they enjoyed watching me play.

Bottom-line I'll let my soon to be born child decide if they don’t like a sport or not by trial, not by me telling them no ....... you should have seen my 1 yr wrestling career :oops:
Single L

Postby The Donator » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:40 pm

papparoc wrote:What do you do when your kid wants to play football and you don't want him to play? Foosball is the devil!

Ummm....seriously?
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby arowan21 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:37 am

let jmms show him that football is fun, but disc golf is more fun and only 1/4 mile from the school.
arowan21

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff