Poker

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Postby The Donator » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:14 pm

I think its great. I like to see and analyze the thought processes of the internet studs ive never gotten to see play live. But like grodney said, you are watching poker, after all.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Single L » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:26 am

bman12449 wrote:The "live" wsop espn is doing this year is awful. Has anyone else watched it yet?

Agree 100% ......... poker is way to slow and boring for this production format. I watched it last night for about 10 minutes and had to turn it off. I appreciate the analytical side of it but it gets real old when they, especially David Tuchman, over analyze a hand or an action because they know they have to or you'd have crickets. And this new dude sucks .... bring back Norman Chad and his colorful personality. Those big into poker may love this format and a less off the wall color guy, but if you want to draw in and entertainer the casual poker fan like myself bring back the highlight / blooper reels and the Norman Chad's of the past.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby The Donator » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:48 am

Single L wrote:
bman12449 wrote:The "live" wsop espn is doing this year is awful. Has anyone else watched it yet?

And this new dude sucks .... bring back Norman Chad and his colorful personality.

You just might be the first person on this planet to say this. And who is this "new guy" you are talking about? Lon McEachern? He has been around the Mothership for decades.
The Donator

Postby Single L » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:40 am

The Donator wrote:
Single L wrote:

And this new dude sucks .... bring back Norman Chad and his colorful personality.

You just might be the first person on this planet to say this. And who is this "new guy" you are talking about? Lon McEachern? He has been around the Mothership for decades.

Single L wrote:I appreciate the analytical side of it but it gets real old when they, especially David Tuchman, over analyze a hand or an action because they know they have to or you'd have crickets.

^^^^^
I'm talking about the color guy that replaced Norman Chad

And I'm not saying Norman is the answer, he can get annoying, but he was light years better, and more entertaining, than this tool bag. When I turn on the TV I want to be entertained.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby grodney » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:28 pm

When I was watching it was Lon and Antonio Esfandiari. I love Antonio. It was fun to listen to him. The poker was boring, but the analysis was as good as it could be.
grodney

Postby Clue » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:24 am

I have zero problem with Norman Chad. I like the guy. However, they probably needed a 3rd guy like Antonio (who I think has been good in the very limited time I've watched) to do some educated analysis because Norm and Lon were worthless in that aspect.

I think they need to go to 10 min delay with hole card cams. Otherwise it's like watching baseball with no score, count, or outs anywhere on the tv screen. BTW, I dealt 4 hands in the time it took the dude to call with A9 against 23 tonight.
Clue

Postby bman12449 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:39 am

Clue you hit the nail on the head. I still hope they do the normal wsop events, i love watchn omaha, and 7 stud.
I have inside jokes with strangers.
Most interesting man in the world.
bman12449

Postby 10up » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:45 am

did Esfandiari finally stop trying to win and take the announcing gig?

probably a good career move...
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby The Donator » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:24 am

10up wrote:did Esfandiari finally stop trying to win and take the announcing gig?

probably a good career move...

He won the WPT 5-Diamond main event last December for almost 900k and has over $4 million in career earnings. But yeah hes doing well announcing as well.
The Donator

Postby Abe Froman » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:40 pm

oops. i wonder how jesus will look in orange...

http://espn.go.com/poker/story/_/id/699 ... -complaint
Abe Froman

Postby Clue » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:54 pm

Wow, this is getting ugly.
Clue

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:56 pm

why doesnt praire meadows set up an online site ? too many legalities? im ready to play
blkwizardsonny

Postby geoffreylaw » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:19 am

Abe Froman wrote:oops. i wonder how jesus will look in orange...

http://espn.go.com/poker/story/_/id/699 ... -complaint

Dang.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."
~Friedrich Nietzsche
geoffreylaw

Postby bman12449 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:03 pm

http://espn.go.com/poker/story/_/id/721 ... main-event

Pius Heinz wins the main event. I watched till bout midnight last night. It was funny to see one player fold a 6, 3 and then raise the next hand with 5,2. I thought both players definetly deserved there spots playing heads up. I was hoping it wouldn't it another year of the cards running all over one player. Anyone know what time this ended? The article says 119 hands.

Btw his first name is pronounced Pee-us lmfao. Nice job mom and dad.
bman12449

Postby The Donator » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:18 pm

I was rooting for Staszko, dude is a genius. The way he played from 7 people left was stunning. Hand of the final table goes to him as well when he was heads up with Peepiss, 4 betting all-in with Q or K high on the turn drawing nearly dead. Hopefully i can find the hand somewhere.
The Donator

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff