New Courses in the Directory

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

New Courses in the Directory

Postby Cydisc » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:07 am

I know there are some new courses this year that haven't made it into the directory yet. The PDGA will be publishing their hard copy version for 2007 soon. If you have a new course, get it listed ASAP to make the deadline. If you have questions about how to do this, feel free to email me.

Steve Kenton
cydisc(at)mchsi(dot)com
Cydisc

Process Question

Postby prodiscgolf » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:11 pm

How long does it take to get either course updates or a new course posted on the PDGA website? What's the process involved to review and confirm information that's being reported via their online form? Do you Steve get involved in that process?
prodiscgolf

Postby Cydisc » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:01 pm

Jeff,

Typically, the course contact will fill out the online form and that info is checked for omissions by the PDGA office (I forget who reviews the info) within a day or two. Then it's published on the site. I'm usually not involved except when asked to list a course for someone who's not familiar with the process.
Cydisc

Postby prodiscgolf » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:17 pm

I posted the initial info for the Peninsula today and submitted updates for the other 3 courses I'm the contact for so I was wondering how soon I'll see the changes. We'll open the Peninsula course when the message board is built and installed hopefully within a week or two. We also have asked for benches and the City's supposed to install those. Right now, mowing is our major problem. The City has to get their tractor out there and do a second cut and expand a few fairways. I've posted a list of things left to do at our message board (so I'm not going to list them here). We'll probably do a press release this fall to say the course is open, but then wait until spring for a "Grand Opening" since it's so late in the year.

I guess I'll find out how long it takes when I see #111 on our list. Thanks for replying!
prodiscgolf

Postby The Donator » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:30 pm

moved post
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Return to Stuff