This explains a lot.

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Re: This explains a lot.

Postby irban » Mon May 12, 2014 3:40 pm

Yes, he really hit the nail on the head.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby mchoser » Mon May 12, 2014 4:37 pm

tufluk wrote:
irban wrote: Things are no worse than any time in the past. And in my opinion, much better than they were ten years ago for instance.

Easy for you to say, you're not some young guy trying to get started in a world full of piss tests, roadside "safety" checks, zero tolerance and cameras every f'n where. Most libs posting here are older guys, coasting out, not caring that they lived the high life running up TRILLIONS in debt. The debt that some 19 year old slob is going to have to work 'til he drops to try and pay back. Things are great for me personally, but I feel for the dozens of young guys I play with. And you want to spend even more. Sick, just Sick!

Kinda like saying. "I'm healthy, I guess there is no cancer".

:cry: I totally agree, i have grandkids that i am ashamed to leave this mess for. My own goal was to leave them something but its not looking good.
I'm not blaming others though. I was given chances and it hasn't happened yet.
mchoser

Postby irban » Mon May 12, 2014 5:02 pm

I have kids too. I taught them to question authority, and question the media. Get the facts and be leery of anyone telling you what you want to hear. Get involved and vote. And hopefully, have good values ( not talking about the bastardized "family values"). Sure the world is tough, but you can either sit back and bitch, or go about changing it with whatever means you have at your disposal. ( Which doesn't include armed inserrection by the way. Those people are pissed because their world view is too stupid for wide support, and they would rather blame the media/government etal than face the reality of their idiocy. :P )
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby tufluk » Tue May 13, 2014 9:11 am

And... another football player sent to a re-education camp by the thought police. OMG!
tufluk

Postby grodney » Tue May 13, 2014 12:25 pm

tufluk wrote:And... another football player sent to a re-education camp by the thought police. OMG!

Loved your interview with Anderson last night -- though I didn't expect you would get that close to one of teh gaes.
grodney

Postby grodney » Tue May 13, 2014 12:52 pm

This is one of those things that is so crazy I can't tell if it's true or not:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/05/13/o ... is-friday/

TL;DR new patriots (10 million to 30 million of them) going to D.C. this Friday to drive Obama et al from office. BONUS: All taxes abolished!
grodney

Postby irban » Tue May 13, 2014 1:26 pm

I'd say if they get 10 million people there we should listen to them. Of course if you had 10 million people on your side, seems like the "peaceful solutions" would have been more effective. This is unlikely to be effective either for that matter.
~~~- ¥
irban

Postby 10up » Tue May 13, 2014 1:40 pm

You can't get 10 million people together for Free McDonalds and Natty Light Day. Certainly not some polictical horseshit.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Bugslayer » Thu May 15, 2014 7:56 am

LMAO we don't need comedy shows on TV! We have the Tea Party to entertain us! What a bunch of Botards, Operation American Spring? ROTFL...now some of the ultra-morons think this is a trap set up by Obama! This group of neurotic traitors don't even trust each other, because each little group has intentions of seizing the government and shaping it in their own vision of North Korea...now they are emptying the trailer courts of malcontents to march on their legally elected government....I wonder if they will wear their funny hats and costumes that are as outdated as their political views?
A mind is like a parachute.....it doesn't work if it isn't open!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby irban » Fri May 16, 2014 3:24 pm

I'm hearing that american spring didn't quite reach the 30 million mark (which is about 10% of the population btw.) Weather dampened the turnout? Didn't see that coming.
~~~- ¥
irban

Postby Bugslayer » Fri May 16, 2014 6:40 pm

Damn...and them caught without their Holy Umbrella of Antioch :lol: Once again a Tea Party event turns out to be a bit less than spectacular :oops: wanted 10,000 trucks...got 30! wanted 10 to 30 million got a few hundred....wonder if Obama is ready to surrender yet?
A mind is like a parachute.....it doesn't work if it isn't open!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby irban » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:58 pm

Jeez. Wonder what Buena Vista county, IA needs with 2 mine resistant vehicles and 5 grenade launchers. Must get a lot of social unrest up there in Storm Lake?

Mapping the Spread of the Military’s Surplus Gear
~~~- ¥
irban

Postby tufluk » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:53 pm

tufluk

Postby tufluk » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:41 am

tufluk

Postby irban » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:28 pm

Basically he is saying that it would have been better to do it outside of the tax system, but it was politically unfeasible. That law could have been so much better if there were a good faith effort on all sides to debate it. Unfortunately, that isn't the current political environment we live in. Nothing is important enough to trump ideology, at least on the right. Doesn't matter if people are dying or we're sending troops somewhere or anything. Pitiful.

So happy we at least got started on health care reform, and it is working well.

ACA rules!
~~~- ¥
irban

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff