This explains a lot.

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Re: This explains a lot.

Postby dx_pete » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:54 pm

Yikes. So much anger. Did you guys find out your Che t-shirts were made in the USA or something? Grab a Pseudo Sue and kick back.
dx_pete

Postby grodney » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:17 pm

A sneaky lie that left 750,000 Floridians without health coverage:
http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/t ... ce/2176983

"
Not a big, bald-faced lie. Not a get-a-load-of-this lie.

It was more of a sneaky lie. The kind of lie that sounds sincere when it's told, and doesn't register as the most dangerous of deceits until it is too late.

In short, your state leaders lied when they told you they would come up with an alternative to Medicaid expansion.

You remember that, right?

Back when Gov. Rick Scott said he couldn't in good conscience deny health care to uninsured residents during the three years the federal government was footing the entire bill? Back when the Senate came up with a plan to use Medicaid funds to purchase private insurance for the poorest of poor among us? Back when the House rejected federal funds of any kind?

Yet the House and Senate made it through the entire 2013 legislative session without a solution. And with the 2014 session soon to end, they'll be on a two-year useless streak.

What's worse? This time, they didn't even try.

Somehow your elected leaders found time to debate speed limits, dog racing, pop tarts, auto tag fees, warning shots and memorials for a war that ended 150 years ago.

But the 750,000 or so Floridians without health insurance never came up.

They didn't discuss how the state's own economic study proved that providing health care would actually save money by reducing unnecessary emergency-room care. They didn't discuss how the federal government provided other states with the flexibility to come up with their own plans. They didn't discuss how major business groups have supported expansion because it will add thousands of health-care jobs.
"
grodney

Postby grodney » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:19 pm

Fox News Tries And Fails To Get Any Details About The GOP’s Obamacare Replacement

"Sen. Rob Portman (R-OH) struggled to articulate a credible GOP alternative to the Affordable Care Act during an appearance on Fox News Monday morning, promising only to replace President Obama’s health care reform with “legislation that does give people more opportunities” and “better ideas.”

But pressed by host Bill Hemmer about how Obamacare would “change” should Republicans reclaim the Senate majority after the midterm elections, Portman could only offer a critique of the existing law. He argued that reform does not cover enough Americans or allow people to keep their existing health care plans. “I personally think it is a failed model. We have to put in place better policies that allow people to keep what they have and allow people to get coverage who can’t afford it.”

Asked again, how the GOP would go about changing the existing law or which provisions it would keep in place, Portman mostly demurred, highlighting “wellness” provisions and expanding health savings accounts. "

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/04 ... -no-avail/
grodney

Postby Bugslayer » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:23 pm

Hey DX no anger here. The man has had his chance in court and lost repeatedly. He has denied the legality and validity of not only the his State but of the Country. He took up arms in defiance of our duly elected government....he is a traitor and a terrorist, as are the people who rushed to his defence. Who would raise their eyebrows if said compound was full of Islamic fundamentalists waving guns around and you smoked it? No difference.

As a Judo instructor I am very slow to use violence, but when it is time.... you use enough to quell your opponent and intimidate any future opponents. Any survivors would be incarcerated for an extremely long time. Treat these people like the traitors they are :x
A mind is like a parachute.....it doesn't work if it isn't open!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby tufluk » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:21 pm

I thought judo took the attacker's violence and used it against him. I could be wrong. I know more about martial Dillon than martial arts.

About the hate. It puzzles me too, Pete. When "The W" was president, you couldn't rile me.
tufluk

Postby Bugslayer » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:19 pm

Correct Tuf, But Judo is a sport not a self defense. For Self Defense we use the extremely non-passive Ju-Jitsu. Not pretty, not flashy, direct and brutal! Judo was created so you could practice Ju-Jitsu with your friends without wrecking them!

Tuf.. The W? LMAO stop yourself, the man was the worst president of our times.... if not ALL times! :lol:

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby tufluk » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:37 pm

Doesn't mean I don't love the guy. My first choice after "W" would have been Dick Cheney. A wry smile and dry sense of humor.

You want to burn out Bundy in Nevada, but I'll bet you got all teary-eyed when they busted a few heads of the "Occupy Wall Street" crowd.
tufluk

Postby irban » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:03 am

tufluk wrote:Doesn't mean I don't love the guy. My first choice after "W" would have been Dick Cheney. A wry smile and dry sense of humor.

You want to burn out Bundy in Nevada, but I'll bet you got all teary-eyed when they busted a few heads of the "Occupy Wall Street" crowd.

I don't want to burn out bundick. I just want him to get off welfare, has plenty of money already. And I don't think it is good to have paramilitary asswads think they can use their guns to stop any government action that doesn't jibe with their pea brained view of the world. Their little dicks are just dribbling into their shorts, thinking the time has come to stop using their guns to jerk off, and put them to the true use intended by the founding fathers. Hannity ought to be there on the front line with them. Well, behind the wives. Hand him an AR 15 and see if he has the nuts to take the first shot. Or was it all just for show?

Oh, and prick cheney is the antichrist, got good americans killed for profit.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Bugslayer » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:00 am

Tuf....were you drinking heavily when you made that post? Are you actually equating the occupy Wall street sit in with the Bundy situation? While I did not get misty when they broke them up ( I was unsure of what good they were actually doing?) They were peacefully protesting the fact that Wall Street is strangling America....cheating its people and bilking the government! Where as Bundy is a tax cheating deadbeat who is stealing the use of land that is not his....refuses to pay for the use of said land and has lined up with other malcontents for armed resistance to avoid paying his fees?

One group is standing up FOR America, one group standing up AGAINST America! Took a vow 35 years ago to defend America against enemies foreign and domestic, and I would OBEY the orders of the president of the united states, as did you Tuf....I haven't forsworn any oath I have taken....ain't going to start with that one!

Bundy is offering armed resistance to the orders of the courts and the government, he is a criminal and a traitor, and deserves to be handled exactly like they handled the Boston Bombers.....no difference. Ask yourself Tuf, how would you have handled the Boston Bomber situation if a few dozen Muslims would have armed themselves and started to defend them? You would have called in a FFE and smoked the whole zone! It is how Bundy and the rest of those dickheads should have been handled....call in an air strike, jail the survivors.

Irban you are exactly right on Cheney...leftover from the Nixon days, same mindset, dangerous and evil.

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby irban » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:18 am

Back to Rodney's posts.

This guy bought into the right wing smear job of the ACA and nearly bought the farm.

"I figured the doctors were going to have to operate, so I tried to work as long as I could to save money for the surgery. But it got to the point where I couldn't work."

So courageous of the koch bros to sacrifice other peoples lives for their principles of oligarchy and laissez faire ( and retaining every last cent of the obscene amounts of money they "earned" from dads will.)
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby irban » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:44 am

Jeez. Should arrest these idiots. Hopefully felony arrest so they can take their guns away. That would sit well I'm sure.

"...residents of and visitors to Clark County should not be expected to live under the persistent watch of an armed militia,”
~~~- ¥
irban

Postby Bugslayer » Thu May 01, 2014 10:00 am

See my above posts! But to be fair they came a long way for a fight....don't lock them up until they see just how well all of those AR 15s protect them against a few A10s :lol: Chances are most of them will drop their overpriced 22s while filling up their pants, running for their cars!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby irban » Sun May 04, 2014 5:26 pm

I don't care much for addicting info, but I love this guys name for those limp dicks in Nevada....

"The Bundy cosplay clown posse..."
~~~- ¥
irban

Postby irban » Wed May 07, 2014 12:01 pm

Avoid voting mistakes with this easy mnemonic...

:P
~~~- ¥
irban

Postby 10up » Wed May 07, 2014 1:49 pm

It really is!

And just opt not to get in the car at all if you feel it doesn't matter who is behind the wheel of an inefficient gas guzzling destructive toxic emission machine or what direction they're traveling. They're still stuck in the damn car...
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff