This explains a lot.

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Re: This explains a lot.

Postby tufluk » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:47 am

Would have expected nothing less.
tufluk

Postby grodney » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:22 am

Good for them! Hopefully justice is served, and either the 10 Commandments monument is removed, or the satan statue and FSM go next to it.
grodney

Postby SpikeHyzer » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:34 am

The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby irban » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:45 am

Yes, I've seen this before. Great summation of a lot of the issues with healthcare in america. To me the saddest part is that single payer would go a long way toward addressing the biggest problems, but we had to go with a more market based delivery system to have any hope of getting it passed. Side note: when they say 60% of people don't like Obamacare, that includes people who don't think it goes far enough, wanted single payer etc. That's why the percentage of people who want it repealed is so much lower.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Bugslayer » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:00 pm

One of the discussion points we've had on this site has just been answered! Keystone Pipeline question has been answered by the good people of West Virginia who can no longer drink their water due to that "Clean Coal Tech" we keep hearing about. The company(companies) responsible have yet to answer the phone to let the state know what chemical that has contaminated their water.....now someone explain how a few thousand short term jobs could possibly offset the chance of despoiling the largest aquifer in America again?

And to those neocons who claim we don't need government intervention into business....how do you think "the market" would deal with this? Not buy their coal?...not show up to work? Use your minds to think....not your billfolds!
A mind is like a parachute.....it doesn't work if it isn't open!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby grodney » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:19 pm

Good god man, conservatives are getting even dumber!

In 2009, 54% of Republicans believed in evolution.
Now it's down to 43%!

Holy crap. This explains a lot.

(Independents are getting dumber too (probably because the smart ones are now Democrats!))

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/12/30/publ ... evolution/

grodney

Postby irban » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:22 pm

grodney wrote:Good god man, conservatives are getting even dumber!

In 2009, 54% of Republicans believed in evolution.
Now it's down to 43%!

Holy crap. This explains a lot.

(Independents are getting dumber too (probably because the smart ones are now Democrats!))

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/12/30/publ ... evolution/

Yes, roger ailes fox spews, the koch bros and right wing radio are creating a nation of morons.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Bugslayer » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:49 pm

and getting rich in the process, what is a complete riot is many of my right wing friends "assume" they are well read, but their reading list is right off of Fox! to paraphrase Elvis...they know less than Zero!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby tufluk » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:48 am

As opposed to the wealth of knowledge and wisdom ya'll spew.

I love it when someone quotes Salon or Mother Jones as proof that Fox is biased.

Actually, the public school system is creating your nation of morons.
tufluk

Postby jjpitt29 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:45 am

tufluk wrote:Actually, the public school system is creating your nation of morons.

So wrong. The changes to our society in what we value and the constant meddling of politicians and those who have no clue are the ones who are failing. Most public schools are doing a great job and if the de is ions would actually be left to the people with the appropriate knowledge things would be better.

But unfortunately it is the politicians (mostly overly conservative) and the overly based parts of our media that are creating morons. In the end it comes down to laziness. Most people in our country are just flat out stupid because they choose the lazy path instead of actually learning about the actual problems and issues.
jjpitt29

Postby Bugslayer » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:55 pm

#1 if the public schools are failing it is because of the president who failed them with "Every child left Behind Program" one that the liberals told him would work out EXACTLY like it did!

#2 Don't need someone to tell me that Fox is biased, I watch it among others and I KNOW it is biased. Recent study done at Fairleigh Dickson University showed the following. To a large study group (nationwide) People were asked who they got their news from and then asked the same 4 questions on Domestic Issues and 4 questions about International Issues....the following is how they fared on getting the correct answers.

Domestic International
Watched no news - 1.22 - 1.28
Just Fox - 1.04 - 1.08
Just CNN - 1.26 - 1.33
Just MSNBC - 1.26 - 1.23
Talk Radio - 1.35 - 1.57
The Daily Show - 1.42 - 1.60
Sunday Morning Show - 1.47 - 1.52

The jest of this study is that people who get no news whatsoever are better informed than those who watch FOX! You become less informed simply by watching it LMAO!
How can this be? The Project on Excellence in Journalism found that 68% of FOX news stories contained personal opinions, flash for you, that's not news... that is gossip! :lol:

When interviewed 67% of Fox news watchers believe the US found clear evidence of a link between Sadaam and Al Qaeda
33% believe that the US found weapons of Mass destruction in Iraq!....35% believed most of America favored going to war in Iraq! That is dangerously misinformed!

With my personal experience with Fox viewers, of which I see many....most believe Obama is a "secret" muslim, many still believe in the brither nonsense....but they all call him by the same name... begins with an N and ends with a R and it damn sure isn't Neighborhood Organizer! :shock:

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby irban » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:38 am

Yes, I'm betting most of the people who started not believing in evolution over the last 4 years are old f*ckers. The schools that suck are the ones the old f*ckers have warped to their views, see Louisiana school voucher fiasco for an example.
~~~- ¥
irban

Postby tufluk » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:34 pm

Anyone who thinks public schools are providing the majority of students with a top notch high school education is beyond reaching.
tufluk

Postby irban » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:46 pm

tufluk wrote:Anyone who thinks public schools are providing the majority of students with a top notch high school education is beyond reaching.

Where would you send them? And where are you getting your info about the current state of the education system? Is it from someone with a privatization agenda? Or maybe an ideological bent? Think about it.
My kids got a lot out of public schools, worked hard and took advantage of opportunities. My main complaint is that they cut schools out of the budget in lean times, and don't restore the funding on the rebound.
~~~- ¥
irban

Postby Bugslayer » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:12 am

when a government would rather spend money on military than education this is what you get! While they are cutting funding to schools, then under cutting them further by allowing home schooling (a move to allow the very religious from teaching their kids history or science) they have plenty of money to keep subsidizing the gushing with profit oil business! Having family down south I can speak on the condition of public schools down south.....real bad! Anyone wanting to have their kids receive a modicum of education sends them to private schools.....and the only moderately affordable ones are religious schools were they receive the education the church wants them to have! They treat the poor like they treated the blacks after the civil war...keep them ignorant and keep them broke, it keeps them under thumb! Create good consumers and good future soldiers!
Look at all the havoc that teaching free thought caused in the 60s!...damn hippies started to think about the environment....no longer blindly marching off to whatever war the government wanted them to fight in! People started questioning the government and how it operated which ended up putting Nixon in a bit of a quandary!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff