This explains a lot.

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Re: This explains a lot.

Postby grodney » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:01 pm

Here's a tweet by the guy that's representing me in the NC State Senate: "Justice Robert’s pen & Obamacare has done more damage to the USA then the swords of the Nazis, Soviets & terrorists combined."

Dude is literally crazy. And embarrassing.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/1 ... ogize.html
grodney

Postby irban » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:06 pm

Yes, repub Godwin probability approaches 100%, and is nearly instantaneous. Mind numbing hyperbole. Embarassing on a national level really.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby grodney » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:27 pm

"
Iowa Secretary of State Matt Schultz (R) has spent 18 months and almost $150,000 fulfilling his promise to make “ballot security” a top priority in Iowa.

To date, his investigation has yielded 5 guilty pleas and 5 dismissals.
"

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/16/i ... ter-fraud/

Example of guilty plea:
"
One woman, Beth Ann Gallagher, cast an absentee ballot on behalf of her daughter, who had recently moved to Minnesota and thought she wouldn’t be eligible to vote there. However, after she mailed the ballot, her daughter texted her that she had been eligible to vote, at which time Gallagher self-reported the incident to the Delaware County auditor’s office. She plead guilty and paid a $147.75 fine.
"
grodney

Postby tufluk » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:57 pm

What is the anomaly? A politician fulfilling his promise? A politician "wasting" $150,000?
I liked the story about the felon who "forgot" he attested he wasn't. Kind of easy to forget about that.
tufluk

Postby Bugslayer » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:24 pm

Anomaly? Probably not....but a prime example of Republicans using the illusion of vast voter fraud to deny the vote to the poor and impoverished....you know the ones down south what vote Democrat! :shock: An example of a man following up on his political pledge to the detriment of doing his job....IE Darryl Issa! THAT is the main problem with the Tea Party.....they don't realize they are supposed to represent EVERYONE in their states....not just the ones that voted for them! Too focused on "their" main priorities instead of worrying about the country's main priorities :oops:

Speaking of Issa....where is his outrage over Levinson being abandoned in Iran by Bush? Shouldn't he have at least 4 committees going on? who knew what and when? what was the suspect wearing and was it a blue dress? ROTFL

My question to you Tuf is do applaud this guys work? damn near 2 years and $150,000 later he accomplished what? 2 of the five turned themselves in! One they didn't discover until he got in an accident! The other two said they didn't know their voting rights were suspended, while that may sound fishy it isn't....I have explained that very thing to a few of my friends who have been voting for years with a felony against them! They were never told their voting rights had been suspended....not one of them! The cops didn't tell them....the judge never mentioned it...the PDs never said a thing.... Not even their probation officers said anything!

Get busted for coke and you get to be president....get busted with a few joints and you can't even vote for president! I guess if your dad is governor it helps that out a bit huh?
A mind is like a parachute.....it doesn't work if it isn't open!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby irban » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:04 pm

...when Dr. Randy Farris, regional administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, testified that private consumer information isn’t stored at healthcare.gov, Issa told him, “You need to watch more Fox, I’m afraid.”

No, seriously, that’s what he said.

Steve Benen - Maddowblog
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby grodney » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:50 am

Remember Spirograph? How about those little pins that would hold the pieces in place? My daughter got a new Spirograph for xmas, and it now comes with sticky-tak putty stuff instead of pins. Kidding me? As my wife pointed out -- we need guns in every house, but Spirograph can't have pins.

grodney

Postby tufluk » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:17 pm

Not my fault. I'd still allow Jarts and incadecent bulbs.
tufluk

Postby Bugslayer » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:18 pm

Jarts! LOL.... those were a terrible idea! Damn near as bad as Zonkers!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby irban » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:09 am

Bugslayer wrote:Jarts! LOL.... those were a terrible idea! Damn near as bad as Zonkers!

Jarts were the real deal; precision steel maiming machines. Many games with my neighbors with no incident.

Made me go look for some clacker vids, apparently can still be purchased,though "banned". We need clacker registration laws!

Lame substitute...

~~~- ¥
irban

Postby Bugslayer » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:58 am

the Zonkers were WAY better than those lame clackers! Take 2 glass balls filled with air bubbles for looks, connect them with a piece of string and tell kids to slam them together, faster and faster! End Game? shattered glass filling the air! I also played many games of Jarts without any casualties, but then I have survived doing dumb things for decades now!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby hyzerman16234 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:58 am

I have a set of Jarts in the shed.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
hyzerman16234

Postby Bugslayer » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:36 am

Its on then.....Ice Bowl Jarts tourney! LOL Beer would be recomended :lol:

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby 10up » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:14 pm

We played countless games of jarts in my family with minimal casualties

*sorry dog
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby irban » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:45 pm

~~~- ¥
irban

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff