Hot Rods & Harleys

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Hot Rods & Harleys

Postby Lou Siffer » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:52 pm

A quick note to invite all o' ya'll to the Hot Rods & Harleys car and motorcycle show tomorrow night 9/16 at the Davenport Showgrounds.

My band the Johnson & Resch power trio will be playing from 8 to 9:30pm.

The Showgrounds are located on the riverfront, west of John O'Donnell stadium, south of Marquette street.

Come on out (if you think you can handle it) and ROCK!
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby flyinplastic23 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:55 pm

Johnson and Resch... thats only two... the third guy doesnt get his name listed? what a rip off!
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Postby Lou Siffer » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:57 pm

That's right, damn it! You've got to be a pretty big man to hang with us!
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby flyinplastic23 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:59 pm

i would leave your band... and leave you guys to be called the Big Unit

flyinplastic23

Postby batlord » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:06 pm

Hey John, what's it cost to get into that "fest". My funds are limited these days, but I'd pay if I knew you'd see some of it. Any idea?

Also, can I expect to be punched in the mouth with a microphone or kicked in the chest? That's what I'm hoping for! I'll be the first to start the old school (counterclockwise) circle pit... (look for me on the news getting carried away by police...)
batlord

Postby Lou Siffer » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:43 pm

batlord wrote:Hey John, what's it cost to get into that "fest". My funds are limited these days, but I'd pay if I knew you'd see some of it. Any idea?

Also, can I expect to be punched in the mouth with a microphone or kicked in the chest? That's what I'm hoping for! I'll be the first to start the old school (counterclockwise) circle pit... (look for me on the news getting carried away by police...)

Hey, Chad, it looks like they're charging $5 to get in. There are other (less significant) bands there as well.

If you get up close enough I'll bash you with the mic. You'll have to come up on stage for your chest kick, though.

(Look for me on the news carrying the police away...)
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Lou Siffer » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:48 pm

flyinplastic23 wrote:i would leave your band... and leave you guys to be called the Big Unit

My wife already calls me that. :wink:
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby batlord » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:49 pm

Sounds good! Is there a flyer online anywhere with band listings (and times)? sorry to be a pain, but it sounds like fun. If you thought people in hardcore bands like to fight, you should hang around a bunch of drunk bikers. Now there's some action...
batlord

Postby Lou Siffer » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:54 pm

Unfortunately, the promotion hasn't been great for this. I've looked for a website but found very little.

I know there's a band (two before we go on) called Natty Scratch (before your time I'm sure) that's having a "reunioun tour" this weekend. After us is a pretty cool band called Sugar Nipples (can't go wrong with a name like that).

I don't know when the music starts. 5pm or earlier.
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby flyinplastic23 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:59 pm

i havent ever seen sugar nipples, but i know my sister likes that band.

flyinplastic23

Postby batlord » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:32 pm

For those of you who haven't seen the Johson and Resch power trio play, you need to get out and see these guys. I was very impressed, despite John being worried it would be too mellow for my taste. Smoking guitar work, super solid bass that cut through quite nicely (kudos John), and solid drumming. What else do you need (besides sweet vocals, which they also have via Resch himself)? The attendance was pretty week at the fest, like John said with limited promotion, but the people that were there enjoyed it. Good times.

If you're into solid bluesey rock-type stuff, these are the guys to see. Apparently they're big shots on the WQPT website, so you can check them out there from what I hear.

Although I didn't get punched in the face or kicked, it was still worth checking out.
batlord

Postby Lou Siffer » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:42 pm

Thanks so much for the kind words, Chad. I really appreciate your coming down (and dragging a friend along) to see the show.

My bass playing could have been a bit more accurate if I didn't have a broken middle finger on my left hand.

Make sure you let folks know when you're band(s) in town. I'll put in a mouth guard and wear my steel toed boots so I can participate appropriately.
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Return to Stuff