Elevated

Postby Cydisc » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:12 am

What did that cost, roughly?
Cydisc

Postby Dale Jordal » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:19 pm

IHearChains wrote:
Dale Jordal wrote:
IHearChains wrote: Maybe the biggest impact will be on giving a better impression to all the non-golfers that drive by there, who will now see something way more interesting and attractive than a mudhole.

My thoughts exactly, I've had something very similar planned for poles 7 & 13 at our course. Both poles are near a major road ( #7 Hwy 69 & #13 Golf Course Road ) and very much in view for the public. It was also planed to make the poles a little more diffiucult as they are some of the lower scoring poles,m however it was as much for show and attenstion as anything.

That was going to be this years projects, however the money I had for landscaping block now has to be used to add some new tee boxes due to a change in our " woods " ( Most of our trees are now gone :cry: )

Wow that is too bad, What happened to the woods, disease or bug infestation or something else?

Sorry to get off topic -

Since we don't have forest fires come thru our woods... the city spent the money on a forester to come in with a brush clearing machine and it went thru east woods making it look more like east park. Basically everything went unless it was a mature tree. Lost alot of good bushes and young trees. The back 11 look alot different now. I will have to post some before and after pictures on the FCDGC thread. It was a shame to loose all our 10' - 15' tall trees they filled the gaps so you could not throw thru now most of the poles are wide open with just a few mature trees in the way - #12 the rough is easier and shorter than the fairway and #14 is not a dogleg anymore.
FCDGC Home of the:
IA/MN Border Bash - (Iowa Tour Event)
Battle at the Bridge - (North Iowa Tour Event)
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Postby Captain » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:35 am

Cydisc wrote:What did that cost, roughly?

Let's see.....

175 stones @ 1.65
48 caps @ 1.50
72 smaller stones for pedestal @ 1.25
4 tubes of caulk @ 3.00

Approx $465 (not including the rock to fill it)

I made the base level 14' in diameter (trying to make the number of stones for the top level come to an exact whole number -- that was dumb). I think it could be made to 10' in diameter, which would reduce cost.

Biggest problems are getting the stone and the rock to the location. It took 5 tractor buckets full of rock to fill that baby.
Captain

Postby AO » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:47 am

"fa shizzle"-da ali g
AO

Postby Hamer » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:22 pm

Thank you for all of your hard work on this Kevin!
It does look and play great!
Hamer

Postby prodiscgolf » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:16 am

Kevin, will the top be filled in with dirt or are the rocks it? Having the distance to land it near the basket (I've aced #2 before) makes this a much more rough landing for my discs. Can you take it down? Just kidding. Love the new look! I will have to play it for the high side now so I don't slam into the stone wall with my good drivers. Dirt on top would be nice though so no one will kick the blocks off as they go to retrieve their discs.
prodiscgolf

Previous

Return to Coralville - Turkey Creek