Tern

Reviews for Innova Golf discs and any other Innova products.

Re: Tern

Postby blkwizardsonny » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:53 am

this thing goes far
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby The Donator » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:12 am

blkwizardsonny wrote:this thing goes far

Where and what hole did u throw it at, and where did it end up
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby blkwizardsonny » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:13 pm

well thrown only a few times twice in missouri threw into a 20mph headwind 500 foot hole slightly downhill released at bout 755 it s curved all way there . then i threw at sleepy on hole ten one on the bump it never flipped over to anny at all but still flew almost pin high but ob left not sold yet but really glide decent
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby blkwizardsonny » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:13 pm

mine is only 172 g
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby blkwizardsonny » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:15 pm

did not trust enough to throw in tourney tho did throw the m4 bout fives times tho in tourney play not bad disc for short sharp annys thread drifting
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby The Donator » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:35 pm

I havent heard a similiar review about them now, and this is the 5th one. Ive seen Mikal's which is pure hyzer-to-straight, heard of Clue's which is big wide open anny material, Fausch (from what ive seen) uses it for massive rollers and anny's, McBeth threw it at Legion for massive hyzers and both huge annys, and mine has done everything from pancake into a 15 mph headwind on hole 8 at Big Creek to hyzering out to #2's short tee pad on hole #1 at Walnut with no wind (max weight). I threw mine plenty of times and it did something different every single time, i may have gotten a bad apple, but def looking forward to getting another. Just heard a lot of variance with these more than any other disc ive ever heard of.
The Donator

Postby blkwizardsonny » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:47 pm

yeah i need bout twenty or more throws with it to know for sure if its consistent
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:39 am

The Donator wrote:I havent heard a similiar review about them now, and this is the 5th one. Ive seen Mikal's which is pure hyzer-to-straight, heard of Clue's which is big wide open anny material, Fausch (from what ive seen) uses it for massive rollers and anny's, McBeth threw it at Legion for massive hyzers and both huge annys, and mine has done everything from pancake into a 15 mph headwind on hole 8 at Big Creek to hyzering out to #2's short tee pad on hole #1 at Walnut with no wind (max weight). I threw mine plenty of times and it did something different every single time, i may have gotten a bad apple, but def looking forward to getting another. Just heard a lot of variance with these more than any other disc ive ever heard of.

always the arrow with you isn't it? From what you said/observed, it sounds like it flies exactly how it's thrown. You're a bit of a hyzer flipper, which this disc will not do from what I've seen - and that sir, is why you're seeing the inconsistencies....imo....lol
GDL17921

Postby blkwizardsonny » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:45 am

i have tried few times to hyzer flip it and it has not i back that claim :mrgreen:
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby The Donator » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:33 am

I knew i was going to get an arrow/archer comment. I think i said it about this disc before, is that ive just never had such inconsistencies with any other disc like this one.
The Donator

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:36 am

yeah, because we all know there isn't anything inconsistent about your game. :lol:

I'm just Chucking with you Lindsley, but in all honesty, the higher (than you) rated players in the area I've seen throw the disc consistently, throw it on any line and it holds that line, and it goes farther than a lot of discs. It's not an understable disc, as some were making it out to be.
GDL17921

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:51 am

Picked up my first one, traded a D2 for it. Excited to try it out. I've never really come across a disc that did something different every time. Either you're throwing it differently, or you're throwing it in different conditions... All those guys you mentioned, have entirely different throwing styles. So I would imagine they would have different results with every disc they throw :wink:
SARG27044

Postby The Donator » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:20 am

SARG27044 wrote: I've never really come across a disc that did something different every time.

I never have either in the 12 years or so ive been playing. Its about 50 feet up in the pine past the road on hole 1 at Grinnell if anyone wants to try it out lol. Also heard McBeth say he had to go through about 5 or 6 of them before he found one that flew consistent.
The Donator

Postby Clue » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:15 pm

Aaron isn't completely off base. I've gone back and forth with Steffen on this disc. He has a lot more than I do. Certain runs/stamps were more stable than others (and I'm not even factoring in the star plastic). But it also depends on speed. I have no idea the specifics, but I think I top out around 60mph. At that speed the disc will turn, but short of that it'll be pretty overstable. Which is why it gets the effect Sprague talks about, when it slows down it stables up but has a gliding stability rather than a falling overstabiltiy.

When Gateway came out with the Ninja, Shawn Sinclair said it was like throwing a roof shingle. At slow speeds it would go straight left, but if you hit it hard it would flip right over. Certain versions of the Tern do exactly that. Definitely a finicky disc, but I think there are runs and shots that will be dependable enough.
Clue

Postby The Donator » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:23 am

Thank you. Love getting talked to like i started playing yesterday :lol:
The Donator

PreviousNext

Return to Innova