Blizzard discs?

Reviews for Innova Golf discs and any other Innova products.

Postby Clue » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:45 pm

Nohr wrote:
Clue wrote: The real issue is that there are only about 10 people in the state that don't have issues with balance when teeing off....

Lets get some names.

The guys you see at the top week in and week out, except Fausch.

Wow, can't believe how far these things go. I went OB on 3 at Graceland left of the bench. I've seen people go OB right of the tree line, but never through the tree line before. Got back right of hole 2 at JnB as well. I also noticed late Sunday that throwing heavy discs seemed exhausting after throwing Blizzard discs.
Clue

Postby AO » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:30 pm

I encourage all pros to throw blizzard plastic...fill your bag with it and hopefully they come out in fairway drivers and midranges....please don't keep in bag when we play doubles together though.
AO

Postby medicinal funk » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:27 am

AO wrote:I encourage all pros to throw blizzard plastic...fill your bag with it and hopefully they come out in fairway drivers and midranges....please don't keep in bag when we play doubles together though.

lol
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:46 am

AO wrote:I encourage all pros to throw blizzard plastic...fill your bag with it and hopefully they come out in fairway drivers and midranges....please don't keep in bag when we play doubles together though.

You got it buddy. Go ahead and Lindsley it off, talking shit about stuff you have seen not tried. Just because MDR cant figure out how to slow down and throw one doesnt mean its garbage.

Honestly, I could say the same about the Nuke. And again, if you have people trying to throw these for control driver and midrange shots, they dont understand.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby AO » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:52 am

Wasn't just Mike. Saw plenty of bad shots with it last weekend and it didn't yield a better scores or distance. It's more plastic being put out there and I'm sure Dcraft will be tagging along soon
AO

Postby The Donator » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:57 am

AO wrote:Wasn't just Mike. Saw plenty of bad shots with it last weekend and it didn't yield a better scores or distance. It's more plastic being put out there and I'm sure Dcraft will be tagging along soon

Which completely echoes my original post. Again Chase, it seems you may have solved a very difficult "math" problem by harnessing these, and seemingly the only one so far. I have yet to find another player of any class that has. I did pick up a 139 Destroyer this weekend tho, ill report back soon.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Steady 26542 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:57 am

I'm surprised most people are having such a hard time with these. I'm very happy with them. I must have the perfect arm speed for these. :roll: I can't wait for MILLENNIUM's B-Quasar. 8)
Team Iron Lion
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
"Frisbees are a hobby; disc golf is a sport."
Steady 26542

Postby hawkeyenation82 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:13 pm

Im thinkin thats what was goin on with my boss, just tryin to throw it too hard.
G.O.L.F = Gents Only Ladies Forbidden
hawkeyenation82

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:20 pm

The Donator wrote:
AO wrote:Wasn't just Mike. Saw plenty of bad shots with it last weekend and it didn't yield a better scores or distance. It's more plastic being put out there and I'm sure Dcraft will be tagging along soon

Which completely echoes my original post. Again Chase, it seems you may have solved a very difficult "math" problem by harnessing these, and seemingly the only one so far. I have yet to find another player of any class that has. I did pick up a 139 Destroyer this weekend tho, ill report back soon.

I am the only one because I post about it? Give it time, either way time proves all.

" Saw plenty of bad shots ".. okay, like who then? And why? Was it really a bad shot or was it a bad decision? Stupidity seems to be about the best defense for people in arguements and it really shouldnt count. Again, throwing a disc a few times doesnt qualify as mastering the disc. If you havent at least come close to mastering it you shouldnt be using it in a tournament anyways.

...So what discs dont that apply to? For example, at Amana Tanner commented several times about the way I threw my Nuke SS. "Man, thats sweet, its hard to get that out of such a understable disc". The next weekend I threw it like garbage and it cost me 2 strokes, if not more.

Why did it cost me? Because I thought I was Chucking Superman with that thing and tried outsmarting a headwind. How is that the discs fault? It shouldnt have been thrown into that headwind no matter how dialed in I thought I had it.

My point is, discs will fail. All discs. If your trying to hold these to a higher standard than other drivers that isnt fair. They are the lighterweight counterpart of an already existing disc most of you throw. If you dont like something its the weight not the disc. For me the light weights work better. Period.

Chase20460

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:23 pm

hawkeyenation82 wrote:Im thinkin thats what was goin on with my boss, just tryin to throw it too hard.

Try a Ape or Destroyer. The Destroyer is the suggested choice for over 400ft consistant drivers. Apes can be flexed on huge anny. The Boss actually seems to fly best for me at about 85%.

Chase20460

Postby SpikeHyzer » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:33 pm

Steady 26542 wrote:MILLENNIUM's B-Quasar

Sounds good to me. Although with the release of the Blizzard PD2, not sure which I would like to try out.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:39 pm

Just to go a little farther..like Blizzard..

If you step up and saw off your Ogre weight driver, its a bad shot. If I step up and turn over my Blizzard Boss its Chucking world ending. Why is that?

People make bad choices and people make mistakes when throwing. With great power- Comes great responsibilty. Learn your disc.

I guess what I am saying is alot of time in golf when I want to throw something and think twice, I usually thow a shittier shot than the one I would have thrown the first time. Same with trying to lay up. Alot of times when I throw a good shot, it could have easily been bad, it just missed a tree or whatever. When it happens with a Blizzard disc I am just lucky?

Its to the point now, Id throw them purely out of spite. When my other drivers out distance them and out perform them, Ill stop backing them, until then they stay.....its not like my other drivers from multiple companies havent been failed before.

Chase20460

Postby hawkeyenation82 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:51 pm

Try a Ape or Destroyer. The Destroyer is the suggested choice for over 400ft consistant drivers. Apes can be flexed on huge anny. The Boss actually seems to fly best for me at about 85%.[/quote]

85% is about what i have found makes it fly best too. Just waitin cor more funds or to place in a tourney to pick up the ape and destroyer. I absolutely agree that its inconsistencies that are making people not love these discs.
G.O.L.F = Gents Only Ladies Forbidden
hawkeyenation82

Postby Clue » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:51 pm

The Donator wrote:and seemingly the only one so far. I have yet to find another player of any class that has.

Either you're completely ignoring me or I'm not a player of any class. Two things stand out to me, one is that Chase and I aren't exactly the two dullest tools in the shed and we're both a little pessimistic by nature which is why I think people should take note when we are raving about these.

Also keep in mind that I've been extremely against distance discs in the past whether it be Nukes or Vulcans, especially the understable ones. Like Chase said, if someone throws a bad shot with them it doesn't make it a bad disc. Lord knows I've seen more bad shots with Nukes than any other disc on the market.

All I can say is that I'm supposed to be a huge dog distance wise to Ben, AO, MDR, and this weekend I wasn't at all. My only regret is that I didn't have enough experience with them to try them on more shots.

Here's a small sample of shots I had with the Blizzard Boss this weekend: Easily crested the hill on 7 at JnB both days, and accurately. I was just left of the bushes about 40ft or so from the pin with two completely different wind conditions. Sunday, I was back right of hole 2 at JnB. Saturday I went OB long on hole 3 at Graceland, and like I said before this wasn't out right, it was pin high up on the sidewalk about 50ft past Fausch's roller that he crushed. There were 4 or 5 other shots that weren't exactly impressive, but easily outdrove my entire card including Fausch and G Smith.

9 times out of 10 when I'm playing on the top couple cards in open I'm the shortest player off the tee, not by a ton, but always 20-30ft short of the pack. Now I'm out front of those same players.

I also don't think it takes all that much time to get used to them. It really only took me about 3 throws to get the timing down, and I jump back and forth between these and heavy discs quite a bit. The key is simply not to get too quick in your backswing.

The reality is this. They're just as fast as anything out there and I think they stay in the air longer because they are lighter. Simple as that. It could also be that your arm speed is a little faster with less resistance, or a little of both, but I don't think there's any question that I can throw these 10-20% farther than anything else on average.
Clue

Postby lennythrowsdiscraft » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:46 am

Clue wrote:
The Donator wrote:and seemingly the only one so far. I have yet to find another player of any class that has.

Either you're completely ignoring me or I'm not a player of any class. Two things stand out to me, one is that Chase and I aren't exactly the two dullest tools in the shed and we're both a little pessimistic by nature which is why I think people should take note when we are raving about these.

Also keep in mind that I've been extremely against distance discs in the past whether it be Nukes or Vulcans, especially the understable ones. Like Chase said, if someone throws a bad shot with them it doesn't make it a bad disc. Lord knows I've seen more bad shots with Nukes than any other disc on the market.

All I can say is that I'm supposed to be a huge dog distance wise to Ben, AO, MDR, and this weekend I wasn't at all. My only regret is that I didn't have enough experience with them to try them on more shots.

Here's a small sample of shots I had with the Blizzard Boss this weekend: Easily crested the hill on 7 at JnB both days, and accurately. I was just left of the bushes about 40ft or so from the pin with two completely different wind conditions. Sunday, I was back right of hole 2 at JnB. Saturday I went OB long on hole 3 at Graceland, and like I said before this wasn't out right, it was pin high up on the sidewalk about 50ft past Fausch's roller that he crushed. There were 4 or 5 other shots that weren't exactly impressive, but easily outdrove my entire card including Fausch and G Smith.

9 times out of 10 when I'm playing on the top couple cards in open I'm the shortest player off the tee, not by a ton, but always 20-30ft short of the pack. Now I'm out front of those same players.

I also don't think it takes all that much time to get used to them. It really only took me about 3 throws to get the timing down, and I jump back and forth between these and heavy discs quite a bit. The key is simply not to get too quick in your backswing.

The reality is this. They're just as fast as anything out there and I think they stay in the air longer because they are lighter. Simple as that. It could also be that your arm speed is a little faster with less resistance, or a little of both, but I don't think there's any question that I can throw these 10-20% farther than anything else on average.

hmm player of class........ 8)
lennythrowsdiscraft

PreviousNext

Return to Innova