Blizzard discs?

Reviews for Innova Golf discs and any other Innova products.

Postby Chase20460 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:30 pm

The Donator wrote:
Chase20460 wrote:Like Ive said all along: A drive is like a tough math problem, why add more variables to the equation? I suck at math, so I take out as many variables as possible, the run up being the biggest one. Now its general math.

Actually you just added an entire new set of variables. This isnt like your straddle putt where you putt at the exact same speed on every putt and can take variables of a non-straddle out to lock in the same arm swing, release, lift, etc. By cutting out the run up and throwing at an awkward speed of 80-85%, you've just created an entire new and more difficult "math" problem. Congrats on solving it very quickly though.

How do you figure? The problem was keeping control while moving at a high rate of speed and lashing your body forward, again, a control issue. I eliminate that by needing only a step or two as opposed to a full runup.

Alll you do is show your ignorance to these discs, proof is in your posts. The problem with you is you dont realize that this would help you if you would try it. Trying something doesnt mean throwing it 3x and talking shit about bad throws you have seen others make. If you had seen some of the drives Ive put out there, youd realize I could care less about what you think.

You know what, I am only trying to help your game out. You obviously dont want the help, and thats fine. Wave at my drive when it passes over your head if your ever playing in the Open division.

...And your way off on straddle putting as well, which answers other questions.

..And to end all this "vendor" shit smart guy, I have about 1100 or more discs on the floor. The mass majority of them are 172g and higher. Alot of them are sitting in the dark not being sold. While I am selling alot of Blizzard discs, I have a shit ton of inventory just sitting there. It makes no sense for me to be pushing these things just for sales purpose. If your so worried about Innova putting out another money pulling product save your 14$ you cheap bastard.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Chase20460 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:31 pm

conroy_01 wrote:
The Donator wrote:
Chase20460 wrote:Like Ive said all along: A drive is like a tough math problem, why add more variables to the equation? I suck at math, so I take out as many variables as possible, the run up being the biggest one. Now its general math.

Actually you just added an entire new set of variables. This isnt like your straddle putt where you putt at the exact same speed on every putt and can take variables of a non-straddle out to lock in the same arm swing, release, lift, etc. By cutting out the run up and throwing at an awkward speed of 80-85%, you've just created an entire new and more difficult "math" problem. Congrats on solving it very quickly though.

I find taking the run up out helps. Adding a run up can throw off a throwing rythm. Your throwing rythm should be the very similar when doing a run up or not only difference should be your timing on when to pull back and when to turn.

Ding Ding Ding. Correct Sir.

Chase20460

agree

Postby desertstormvet » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Chase20460 wrote:
conroy_01 wrote:
The Donator wrote:

I find taking the run up out helps. Adding a run up can throw off a throwing rythm. Your throwing rythm should be the very similar when doing a run up or not only difference should be your timing on when to pull back and when to turn.

Chase I agree with you, but not just with the blizzards. I was having huge issues with getting any length out of any of my throws, and just last night while down at a field practicing with my kid, he noticed I was not getting a pivit out of my hips, so I decided to take away my x step and concentrait more on piviting and consitancy and I started throwing my 180g Roc + further than I was throwing any driver using the x step. It took me this long to see that technique is important for me to acheive longer throws. I may put the x step back in at a later date. I do love my Blizzard Katana and plan on testing out a blizzard Dominator soon.
“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”
desertstormvet

Postby hawkeyenation82 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:24 pm

I definitely agree...since my 150 boss is gettin worn in, with a full run up it just flips over. They are most certainly designed to be throw with less power. Although when brand new i could throw it with everything i had and it would GO!
G.O.L.F = Gents Only Ladies Forbidden
hawkeyenation82

Postby Single L » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:47 pm

Detra319 wrote: You can absolutely crush these discs with enough room in the open. They are also more consistent into the wind than you would think.

Went to a non-dg park last night and threw my 3 blizzard discs (2 destroyers and 1 wraith) about 10 times each in every direction in the open and through gaps. I'll agree they are much more stable than what's been talked about. My destroyer flies like a wraith and my wraith flys like a slightly seasoned pro wraith .... But faster and longer. I had no issues with them being flippy, even at my normal "full power" (note: I do not use a power grip). The only issue I had was working out the occasional grip lock. The lighter weight takes some time to adjust to when it comes to release. Overall I really enjoyed the results from my test session. My longest throw according to my phone GPS was 403 ft. about a 25 ft increase to my max!
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Blizzard

Postby DLCdisc » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:05 pm

Chase20460 wrote:
conroy_01 wrote:
The Donator wrote:

It wasn't with a blizzard disc, but after watching the other three guys on my card at the Country Club for GBO throw in the woods or outta bounds off the tee on hole #11 with a squirly crosswind, I was shaky. I did a zero run-up smooth throw 325' up the gut :shock: . Not impressive distance, but the group said "wow" in unison and my 3 was much more impressive than their 5 or 6 :twisted: . Play a lot of winter golf and you will learn that a straight stand and throw or one step run-up work pretty good when you absolutely must hit your line. Just my opinion. That is in fact why I picked up a couple blizzard discs. I think they will be ideal for getting some good distance when a wierd lie limits your body motion to more of an awkward arm throw. Not converting the whole bag or anything, but I am working with a couple of them to see if I have the right motion to trust them in a competetive situation.
DLCdisc

Postby The Donator » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:23 pm

I would actually love to throw and practice with a couple different molds now that I have thrown a couple. I wasn't trying to say im against them in my last post chase, just that I would like to throw them as I throw all my other discs. If that cant be done, I can adapt. And no you wont see me in Open, obv my non-accidental 909 rating doesnt belong anywhere else but in Int.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby irban » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:25 pm

Hmmm, that no run up makes it sound like a Clue disc. He'll be overthrowing the pin in no time.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Chase20460 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:45 pm

irban wrote:Hmmm, that no run up makes it sound like a Clue disc. He'll be overthrowing the pin in no time.

I was going to post "Ask Clue about a run up". Dude uses none and out throws me. Ive advised alot of the stronger throwers that the Blizzard stuff is best "worked" into the bag. Using standstills or the weird lie situations is a great way to get to know it. But..thats going to result in 2-3 shots a round on average, and its hard to build trust at that rate. I suggest spending a round or 2 using it exclusively. Try to pick a neutral course and dont give up on it. Then make your choice.

Chase20460

Postby freburg36625 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:57 pm

The Donator wrote:I would actually love to throw and practice with a couple different molds now that I have thrown a couple. I wasn't trying to say im against them in my last post chase, just that I would like to throw them as I throw all my other discs. If that cant be done, I can adapt. And no you wont see me in Open, obv my non-accidental 909 rating doesnt belong anywhere else but in Int.
You should be able to throw full power shots with the right blizzard discs. I threw a 150 teedevil last night and was using quite a bit of anhyzer and the thing still flexed out. I was very impressed with its stability and distance. Three step 400'+ is great results. Of course I throw everything with just three small steps but I was putting full torque on it.
freburg36625

Postby Steady 26542 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:21 pm

hawkeyenation82 wrote:...since my 150 boss is gettin worn in, with a full run up it just flips over.

Let me know if you want to get rid of it.
Team Iron Lion
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
"Frisbees are a hobby; disc golf is a sport."
Steady 26542

Postby stover720 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:43 pm

I am still getting use to my blizzard discs. But I have to say that I am using my normal run up and haven't noticed any problem with them at all. Instead of throwing at say 80-90% power I just throw them at 70-80% power.

Taking out the run up is one way to lessen the amount of power you put into a shot. But you can also just smooth out your throw and not throw at full speed. The great things about these discs are that they go farther than your normal disc with less effort. I have even cranked these at full power and they don't crash and burn.

The way I look at them is that they are just a completely new disc. With any new disc you have to learn how to throw it on the right line. So even if you throw bosses and destroyers already just look at these like a different disc. One that you have to learn how to throw at the right power and line.
stover720

Postby Clue » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:51 pm

The run up or lack there of isn't an issue with the blizzard discs, it's simply an issue with the player's timing, which is an issue when working with these discs. The real issue is that there are only about 10 people in the state that don't have issues with balance when teeing off. Even half the open players make huge balance mistakes all the time. The stand still throw can help work on these, but I've been using a run-up still when throwing these. Mainly because I'm trying to throw them 500ft when I throw one.

As I said in the Graceland thread, I do believe they are more susceptable to cross winds and up and down drafts, but for the most part can do anything a heavy disc can do and possibly go farther in doing so.

I played a couple rounds at Walnut the other night and couldn't find a single spot to throw them. There are arguably 3 spots I'd try if the wind were right. Of course those 3 shots are 3 different directions so who knows, but you'll probably only see me throw them on a couple shots at Ewing and Pickard for now. Maybe a few in Lamoni...
Clue

Postby anubis080 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:54 pm

Saw that they started releasing Discmania discs in Blizzard plastic. Have a 139 orange PD2 (chaos) on the way!
"he always flips his nuke ss's over forehand"-Rich
"those are regular z nukes, Rich..."-Andy
anubis080

Postby Nohr » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:00 am

Clue wrote: The real issue is that there are only about 10 people in the state that don't have issues with balance when teeing off....

Lets get some names.
Nohr

PreviousNext

Return to Innova