Blizzard discs?

Reviews for Innova Golf discs and any other Innova products.

Postby TTrammel » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:14 pm

I got one ea. of all of them 150's I agree with Chase , 133 , 134 , 135 and a 136 any power they do go like 250 and they flip and roll another 100 or so , and if you use light power they will do almost anything you want , I'am having lot's of huge sidearm shot's with the lighter disc's also :!:
I speak my mind cause I can ! And no one can do anything about it !
TTrammel

Postby The Donator » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:29 pm

Ive seen a handful of good players throw them and I have never seen anything more inconsistent, and would absolutely never throw one in the bag. Just Innova's newest marketing scheme (and its working well), move along folks, nothing to see/use here...
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Single L » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:59 am

The Donator wrote:Ive seen a handful of good players throw them and I have never seen anything more inconsistent, and would absolutely never throw one in the bag. Just Innova's newest marketing scheme (and its working well), move along folks, nothing to see/use here...

See Chase's post, arm speed is the #1 factor for success. I'm willing to bet a lot of these guys you mention have faster arms and throw Boss's and the like. These disc are not for them, made for slower arms and guys who can adjust their arm speed.

Chase20460 wrote:This isnt a plastic for people who think throwing it as hard as they can is the best way. You have to smooth, which most people are not when throwing with power. If you have fast arm speed and a doubt you can slow it down for better command and control, they probably are going to screw you up.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Discgo » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:24 pm

I'm liking mine. Effortless distance but I do seem to worm burn them a little more often. I have been throwing lighter discs for awhile though
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby irban » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:25 pm

The Donator wrote:Ive seen a handful of good players throw them and I have never seen anything more inconsistent

That sounds like the 150 class stuff a little. When those low weights first started coming out, a lot of people had 150-60 drivers. The more aggressive stuff worked best, viper and such. You still could not crank on them but saw some pretty long shots, particularly downwind. The idea that the bubbles in the plastic allows them to have the flight plate and rim stay proportional to regular weight sounds convincing. But to be honest, I often find high 60 to be squirrelly too, and those have to be pretty close to the proportions of max weight. The weight seems to be as much a factor as the proportions.

I tell you, I used to love my 160 whippet though. Of course it was not even the same disc as a max weight version. If Neils is hitting 250 with these things, I better check it out I guess. :P
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby The Donator » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:32 pm

Single L wrote:
The Donator wrote:Ive seen a handful of good players throw them and I have never seen anything more inconsistent, and would absolutely never throw one in the bag. Just Innova's newest marketing scheme (and its working well), move along folks, nothing to see/use here...

See Chase's post, arm speed is the #1 factor for success. I'm willing to bet a lot of these guys you mention have faster arms and throw Boss's and the like. These disc are not for them, made for slower arms and guys who can adjust their arm speed.

Chase20460 wrote:This isnt a plastic for people who think throwing it as hard as they can is the best way. You have to smooth, which most people are not when throwing with power. If you have fast arm speed and a doubt you can slow it down for better command and control, they probably are going to screw you up.

Lol Corey ive obv seen his post and i know exactly who the blizzard discs need cater to, i didnt start playing yesterday.

To further clarify, ive seen a bunch of good players and a bunch of lesser skilled players throw them. Ive seen the entire spectrum even in the little time they have been out. Blizzard discs again are Innova's newest little marketing gimmick that will fade out in short time. I used to have a few 150 class discs that i thought were great great back in 2004ish because I could bomb-flex them because I had never used 150 class before and was amazed at the time at what they could do, but thats all they were good for in rare situations, and went out of the bag in very short time. These are just a faster version obv of the same weight, more stable and will drop out of most bags in also short time. Its all just complete hype for 150 class discs that Innova is doing great to make a move on, and no one will be throwing them or keep them in their bag in a month or so. I dont need to be 1000+ rated or a vendor to tell you or anyone else this. Ill quote this post in a month or less when everyone has forgotten about them.
The Donator

Postby Chase20460 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:34 am

The Donator wrote:
Single L wrote:

Lol Corey ive obv seen his post and i know exactly who the blizzard discs need cater to, i didnt start playing yesterday.

To further clarify, ive seen a bunch of good players and a bunch of lesser skilled players throw them. Ive seen the entire spectrum even in the little time they have been out. Blizzard discs again are Innova's newest little marketing gimmick that will fade out in short time. I used to have a few 150 class discs that i thought were great great back in 2004ish because I could bomb-flex them because I had never used 150 class before and was amazed at the time at what they could do, but thats all they were good for in rare situations, and went out of the bag in very short time. These are just a faster version obv of the same weight, more stable and will drop out of most bags in also short time. Its all just complete hype for 150 class discs that Innova is doing great to make a move on, and no one will be throwing them or keep them in their bag in a month or so. I dont need to be 1000+ rated or a vendor to tell you or anyone else this. Ill quote this post in a month or less when everyone has forgotten about them.

Me throw heavy disc. Me hate Geico. Me like being mediocre off tee. Me think world is flat.

Thats what you sound like. A Chucking caveman. You may not be smart enough to throw them, but they are no gimmick. I dont need to be a vendor to tell you that, watch me throw them farther than any other disc and as far as nearly anyone Ive played with since they came out.

Check back in a month when even more people are throwing them, laughing at your posts.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby The Donator » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:40 am

I was pretty buzzed when i made that post but i don' think I would take anything from it back, except for maybe how it was worded. I would be really surprised if these things stay in anyone's bag more than a month. And I can control 150 class fine, its obv just easier to control regular weights. But we will see...
The Donator

Postby Chase20460 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:25 pm

The Donator wrote: I would be really surprised if these things stay in anyone's bag more than a month. And I can control 150 class fine, its obv just easier to control regular weights. ...

They have been out for a month. Not leaving my bag anytime soon, as I am awaiting other models to insert. The more people take the time to learn them, the more they are being added to bags.

How is it obviously easier? Its obviously easier to underthrow a disc and recieve the same benefit of the heavier weight. Its obviously easier to slow down your footspeed and the need of a runup than it is to have one. Its obviously easier to not have to focus on reaching back, contorting and twisting your hips and powering through, all of which result in a huge percentage of throwing accuracy errors.

My point is that these are drivers. Not slow fairway drivers which are required for accuracy. Big booming distance drivers that enable people to harness their potential in big wing drivers. Not everyone wants to throw 100%+ power. For people like me that results in poor performance and injury. These help me get it but while throwing at 85%.

I would think you would be loving these things personally, but hey, its only evoloution.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby irban » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:45 pm

Time will tell I guess. I'm going to give it a try, just sayin' my spastic throwing style has not favored any disc that requires even a small degree of finesse. I don't throw max weight because I have a big arm, but because it tends to be more forgiving. The distance I give up is offset by fewer crappy lies. Of course I don't pretend anyone should look to me for advice.

Here's to the next big thing!
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby The Donator » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Chase20460 wrote:I would think you would be loving these things personally, but hey, its only evoloution.

I probably will...I have yet to throw a single shot with one :) oh snap
The Donator

Postby Ferch » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:35 pm

:arrow:
Last edited by Ferch on Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Living for flight. One day at a time.
Ferch

Postby JBOCK » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Blizz Ape came out today.
A bad day at disc golf is still better than a good day at anything else.... Unless its also disc golf
JBOCK

Postby JBOCK » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:23 pm

Blizz Ape came out today.
A bad day at disc golf is still better than a good day at anything else.... Unless its also disc golf
JBOCK

Postby Steady 26542 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:37 pm

These discs have to be made for me! 8) I have a 152 B-Boss and it's been in the bag for a few weeks. I don't have the arm most of you have but for me it's easy to control and I can throw it 100%. (which is probably around 80% for most of you... :oops: ) This disc is my longest disc. I also have a 138 B-Boss that's in the bag but I don't use it as much since it's mainly a downwind driver. They bomb!
Team Iron Lion
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
"Frisbees are a hobby; disc golf is a sport."
Steady 26542

PreviousNext

Return to Innova