mach 3 vs discatcher pro?

Reviews for Innova Golf discs and any other Innova products.

mach 3 vs discatcher pro?

Postby ruddsky » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:01 pm

which is better and why?
ruddsky

Postby Single L » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:47 pm

The Mach III much better than the Discatcher in my opinion. The Discatcher does catch better and has a deeper basket then the Mach III, however they weather very fast. I have seen courses that have Discatcher and they are rusted and fading of the yellow band occurs in less than a year. The quality of the Mach II is far superior. However there are others out there. The Mach V has a much better chain configuration than the Mach III as does the Discraft Chainstar. IMO they are two of the better baskets on the market. The only real difference in the two is the depth of the catching area. The Chainstar has a low hanging chain configuration much like the Discatcher. As you can see below the Mach V comes more to a point at the basket. The best catching basket on the market is the Gateway Titan; however they are not cheap and not readily available. The chain holder construction is also much weaker than the rest. Overall I recommend the Discraft Chainstar.

Discatcher- 3 layer chain configuration

Mach III - 2 layer chain configuration which you can see the gaps in the outer edges that cause spit outs more frequently than on other baskets.

Discraft Chainstar - similar to the Discatcher, but better quality.

Mach V - has the same 24 chains as the others, but has a unique 3 layer configuration that comes to a point at the basket.

Titan
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Cydisc » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:55 pm

Oh, wow. Deja vu.
Cydisc

Postby Captain » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:48 am

Even though they are built with the cheapest components, IMO the best basket is the discatcher. I love the yellow band! It makes the basket easy to see in from a distance and the band is like a number plate the faces in all directions (except it doesn't chew up your discs like a number plate does). You never skip off the top of a discatcher. Oh, they're also the cheapest to buy.
Captain

Postby AO » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:05 am

Captain wrote:Even though they are built with the cheapest components, IMO the best basket is the discatcher. I love the yellow band! It makes the basket easy to see in from a distance and the band is like a number plate the faces in all directions (except it doesn't chew up your discs like a number plate does). You never skip off the top of a discatcher. Oh, they're also the cheapest to buy.

I would have to agree. Mach 3 and Chainstar have WAY to many cut throughs. It is a downfall for Innova the newer Discatchers rust so quickly.
AO

Return to Innova