What's in your bag?

Reviews for Innova Golf discs and any other Innova products.

Postby IHearChains » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:45 am

porkchop wrote:Throwing DX instead of premium plastic is switching your game seeing how DX plastic, as well as any other plastic, has a different flight characteristic than the plastic you would normally throw.

Agreed they are different, after they hit a tree or crash into rocks, this is especially true. But they are not discs that I throw rarely...I know my DX discs well enough to know which ones I can substitute for each of my premium plastic drivers and get similar results. I'd never suggest that people should throw plastic they're not familiar with just because they are facing a water hazard.
IHearChains

Postby freburg36625 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:10 pm

just because its dx does not make it crappy or different. throw a brand new dx tee bird and a brand new star tee bird and a brand new champion teebird and they all fly the same. what the real problem is lack of confidence in your game or too much reliance on a piece of plastic. the shot calls for what the shot calls for. if you have to throw a 380' hyzer for your second shot on hole 5 at west lake and you pull out some second hand $3.99 dx wraith and hyzer flip it 100' to the right of the basket and wonder why, you got major commitment issues. pull out the disc that you would throw on flat ground with no water and miss the basket to the left and possibly short. stop playing hero golf and put the disc in play
freburg36625

Postby Mad Max » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:32 am

I'll give er a go. (For the record I don't have the stones -or bones- to play west lake yet, but one of these days I'm going to have to check it out...)

Fade Crunch Box - Love the Pockets and Drink Holder
Mini and a Sharpie, should probably get a pen or pencil back in there (who's counting?)

Putters

SSS DD Organic Wizard (Smells like Maple Syrup) -Short Putts-
SS IL Wizard (This Chalky SS Wizard is Light Years Firmer than the Above)

Mids

174 DX Roc (Hyzer or Anny Approaches)
176 ESP Buzz (Straight to the Basket)

Fairway Drivers (I really like Leopards, soon to add a Star Leopard)

169 DX Leopard
171 Champ Leopard
170 Champ Teebird (May be on its way out with the arrival of Another Leo)

Distance Drivers

174 Champ Valk (Black, Thanks Chase! Love it So Far)
175 Star Valk
167 Champ Beast
170 DX Archangel (When I must drive to the right)
172 ESP Surge
Mad Max

Postby Single L » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:34 pm

freburg36625 wrote:just because its dx does not make it crappy or different. throw a brand new dx tee bird and a brand new star tee bird and a brand new champion teebird and they all fly the same.

So you’re telling me all types of plastic fly the same for the same mold?? I call ........ don't even tell me your Pro Boss has the same flight as your Champ Boss cause you have an entire thread dedicated to the Pro Boss, I don't see you pimping the Champ Boss
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby The Donator » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:26 pm

freburg36625 wrote:just because its dx does not make it crappy or different. throw a brand new dx tee bird and a brand new star tee bird and a brand new champion teebird and they all fly the same.

This is completely false. Beginners, do not pay attention to this quote.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:34 pm

The Donator wrote:

This is completely false. Beginners, do not pay attention to this quote.

hahahalol see I'm not the only one that makes idiotic comments on this board. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby smalls51691 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:22 pm

i belive that the slower the disc is the most similar it is in all plastics.. for example... not much diff with putters mids or fairway drivers but once u get up to high speed drivers there is a bigger difference. i prefer throwing a lot of different plastics and buy the same disc in every plastic to see which one feels best and flies the way i want it... i can go buy almost any roc and it will be the same... (givin it is the same mold, rancho's will not fly the same as a san marino)
smalls51691

Postby MDR_3000 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:20 pm

smalls51691 wrote:i belive that the slower the disc is the most similar it is in all plastics.. for example... not much diff with putters mids or fairway drivers but once u get up to high speed drivers there is a bigger difference. i prefer throwing a lot of different plastics and buy the same disc in every plastic to see which one feels best and flies the way i want it... i can go buy almost any roc and it will be the same... (givin it is the same mold, rancho's will not fly the same as a san marino)

Booyah!!

Sincerely,
Stuart Scott
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby The Donator » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:50 pm

See my sig line below :)
The Donator

Postby arowan21 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:13 am

I can't believe you would make fun of stu scott's old football injury
arowan21

Postby The Donator » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:59 pm

Lol @ football injury
The Donator

Postby IHearChains » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:19 pm

porkchop wrote:

So you’re telling me all types of plastic fly the same for the same mold??

I'm not a pro and people with stronger arms and more experience might detect subtle differences that escape me. But I think the biggest difference (if they are NEW) comes from the grip, because of the different surface texture of the plastics, and I think the aerodynamics difference is minimal.

Some people here may be talking about used DX plastic which is obviously way different, like they are from altogether different molds.
IHearChains

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:31 am

porkchop wrote:

So you’re telling me all types of plastic fly the same for the same mold?? I call ........ don't even tell me your Pro Boss has the same flight as your Champ Boss cause you have an entire thread dedicated to the Pro Boss, I don't see you pimping the Champ Boss

Yeah, but the Boss has been through 3 or 4 mold changes in Champion. I agree for the most part with what Mike is saying. DX will just change faster due to durability, not mold modification.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby MDR_3000 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:33 am

The Donator wrote:Lol @ football injury

well he did get injured by a football. So that counts, right?
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby The Donator » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:13 pm

MDR_3000 wrote:
The Donator wrote:Lol @ football injury

well he did get injured by a football. So that counts, right?

Ha yeah i suppose. Man that had to have hurt so bad...
The Donator

PreviousNext

Return to Innova