What's in your bag?

Reviews for Innova Golf discs and any other Innova products.

Postby MDR_3000 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:17 pm

SARG27044 wrote:
MDR_3000 wrote:
SARG27044 wrote:Gateway=Best putter made
Discraft= best mids in the game
Innova= Money Drivers

Prove me wrong 8)

ok let's play for some cash, I'll throw Gateway drivers, Innova mids and Discraft putters.
done. See you at Tourist :wink:

are you sure you'll travel that far? :D
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:24 pm

In the past, yes. Recently though Ive come to hate DG so maybe not
SARG27044

Postby Sniper26 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:29 pm

Here is whats in the bag I have been using lately:

5 Zephyers, for short straight and turnover shots

3 microfibre towels, different levels of wear, count goes up as conditions worsen.

2 pencils,1 yellow Innova with a little bit of eraser left, and one red without a eraser as a backup.

1 Sharpie, for when that person asks "anybody got a sharpie?"

1 Iron Lion star stamped mini, mainly used to throw from behind but sometimes gets used to smash in my hand while swearing to release frustration.

At least 3-6 cans of Coors Light, depending on mood.

I have had a lot of fun with this setup lately and would urge you all to give it a shot.
Sniper26

Postby IHearChains » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:41 pm

Drivers
Pro Valk, beatup, flippy even with my noodle arm
Star Roadrunner
Star Valk
Champ 2x Beast
Champ 1x Beast
Star Orc
Star Starfire, overstable even thrown downhill into a friggin gale force wind

Mids
Z Buzz
Crystal Buzz

Putters
Omega supersoft
DX Aviar

Then there's the West Lake bag...add some brand new cheap DX drivers.
IHearChains

Postby irban » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:00 pm

1 star maxx
2 star wraith
1 champ wraith
1 pro wraith
1 champ gremlin
1 roc
1 pig
2 rhyno
2 champ roadrunner
1 star sidewinder
1 beat pro wraith
1 champ sidewinder

bolded are the ones I throw most of the time
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Single L » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:47 pm

IHearChains wrote:Then there's the West Lake bag...add some brand new cheap DX drivers.

A little confidence and smart play and you can throw your usual bag. Every time I’ve played West Lake some dude (or multiple dudes) on my card throw some crap plastic or a disc they never really throw and it ends up in the lake. Switching your game and allowing yourself the possibility to go in the lake will almost always result in one throwing into the lake. :roll:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:13 pm

1 Star Max
1 Star Teerex
1 Star Destroyer (domey 175)
1 Proto Star Destroyer
2 Pro Wraiths
1 R Pro Boss

1 Star Valk
1 DGA Rogue
1 Champ Leopard
2 ESP Avenger SS
2 10x Gazelles

1 Pro Pig
1 Crystal Buzz (light)
1 FLX Buzz (heavy)
1 11x KC Pro Roc

1 Hawkeye Stamp Black Wizard

Clear gummy JUJU mini
trail mix for rec rounds :lol: (CP)
birdie beads
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby The Donator » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:14 pm

Ive got hot sauce in my bag!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVA00Fngvmg
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:15 pm

porkchop wrote:
IHearChains wrote:Then there's the West Lake bag...add some brand new cheap DX drivers.

A little confidence and smart play and you can throw your usual bag. Every time I’ve played West Lake some dude (or multiple dudes) on my card throw some crap plastic or a disc they never really throw and it ends up in the lake. Switching your game and allowing yourself the possibility to go in the lake will almost always result in one throwing into the lake. :roll:

Tru dat. If you're confident w/ a Star Wraith or Destroyer, then put em out there where you know they'll go. I could see maybe throwing a DX model of that same disc you trust, but still... Why?

*yoo can DOOO it!"
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby IHearChains » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:21 pm

porkchop wrote:

Good point...the few times I've thrown unfamiliar plastic over the water usually hasn't worked out too well. But I am pretty familiar with my new and/or undamaged DX drivers so it usually works out OK, I switch them in and out of my bag and just throw them on open holes or in practice fields, so they don't get dinged up.

BTW almost every time (>100 rounds) I've played West Lake somebody throws GOOD plastic in the lake too. It gets pretty expensive to play there regularly for casual rounds.
IHearChains

Postby IHearChains » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:25 pm

ghstinshll wrote:Tru dat. If you're confident w/ a Star Wraith or Destroyer, then put em out there where you know they'll go. I could see maybe throwing a DX model of that same disc you trust, but still... Why?

Gotta move the more expensive Scheels products...
:wink:
IHearChains

Postby chez29009 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:57 pm

1 Flx Challenger
1 Warlock

2 Pro Destroyers
1 Pro Wraith
1 2nd run Valk
1 champ valk
1 pro Line Monster
1 10x KC Pro Gazelle
1 11x KC Pro Gazelle
1 10x Firebird
1 Pro Line gremlin
1 star Gremlin
1 champ Whippet

some minis, lighter, water bottle, jar, "medicine", and a towel
chez29009

Postby karma27895 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:46 pm

Sniper26 wrote:Here is whats in the bag I have been using lately:

5 Zephyers, for short straight and turnover shots

3 microfibre towels, different levels of wear, count goes up as conditions worsen.

2 pencils,1 yellow Innova with a little bit of eraser left, and one red without a eraser as a backup.

1 Sharpie, for when that person asks "anybody got a sharpie?"

1 Iron Lion star stamped mini, mainly used to throw from behind but sometimes gets used to smash in my hand while swearing to release frustration.

At least 3-6 cans of Coors Light, depending on mood.

I have had a lot of fun with this setup lately and would urge you all to give it a shot.
that so the truth
www.ironliondgs.com
burns lawncare and snow removal
mcmanus pub n grub
karma27895

Postby ghstinshll » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:57 am

IHearChains wrote:
ghstinshll wrote:Tru dat. If you're confident w/ a Star Wraith or Destroyer, then put em out there where you know they'll go. I could see maybe throwing a DX model of that same disc you trust, but still... Why?

Gotta move the more expensive Scheels products...
:wink:

Well YEAH! j/k... No, I believe in throwing what you know. the couple of times I've played there now have been star wraiths out over the water, even threw a slight hyzer flip out over the dyke, let it work over the water a bit, and then come back in. W/ that beast, I know em so well I trust myself enough w/ em, so why not. :wink:

You know, I'd push that expensive plastic, but there are two shops in town that have us outpriced. Pray that mgmt doesn't catch wind of that or they'll raise the prices... J/K, they actually set prices based on a margin goal, since we buy from a wholesaler, that's what boosts the prices up a bit more than people are used to. I'm sure those who shop @ Daydreams or Jay's don't mind Scheels' prices. :lol:
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Single L » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:29 am

Throwing DX instead of premium plastic is switching your game seeing how DX plastic, as well as any other plastic, has a different flight characteristic than the plastic you would normally throw.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

PreviousNext

Return to Innova