Innova DX Kite

Reviews for Innova Golf discs and any other Innova products.

Innova DX Kite

Postby ghstinshll » Tue May 22, 2007 8:16 am

I've read these are pretty nice, but here's a link from DGTV:

Looks like it's a very understable midrange... but so is my worn-in 12x KC pro Roc! LOL

I haven't seen one yet, but am curious if they've got a bead on them or not...

http://www.discgolftv.com/dgtv/128/2/0
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby disxgolf_nut » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:46 pm

My wife just picked-up one of these for me, and I love it! It's real domie and is designed more like a driver. It's an over-stable disc. I used it in the Skunk River Open last Sunday and almost aced two holes. This is probalby my new go to disc. You can see a video demo of this at discgolfTV.com under product reveiws.
disxgolf_nut

Postby ghstinshll » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:05 am

by looking @ the pic of it n dgtv, it looks like my kc pro GZ. LOL

It's domier than tthat GZ, but it seems defintiely understable. I'd consider it to be a great go-to-disc for beginners. For a loose midrange, Io'll stick to my beat up Roc... 8)
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby cmlasley » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:16 pm

It's pretty straight. Not really over or under stable. It will do what you ask it to do. Lots of glide, so it can be long, but bad into a headwind. I am sure it will beat into a very understable disc.
Morgan Lasley

When life gives you lemons, stick them in the freezer for a few hours, then throw them back, 'cause they're like rocks, man.
cmlasley

Postby travis.bundy » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:38 am

I have a Spider that I use for mid-range and it is pretty stable. I am lookin for a disc that's decently understable. What would you guys recommend. Also this might be a noobie question but what does 12x mean? I see it mentioned in the original post. ><
travis.bundy

Postby travis.bundy » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:45 am

Also, another newbie question. What does 1st run, 2nd run, etc mean?
travis.bundy

Postby cmlasley » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:50 am

Ken Climo signature discs say "XX-time champion" or something to that effect. 12x or any other number-x is the number of championships he had won when that disc was stamped, so people use it as an approximation of the run of discs.

Run refers to the batch. When discs are manufactured, they are run in enormous batches and first run means it was in the initial public release, second-run in the second batch made, etc.

There are usually minute, but sometimes gross differences between different runs of the same disc. People get used to one run and want the same thing again. Personally, I don't worry about it unless they changed the mold. Discs' flight characteristics change so much with use, wind, and weather that I generally find some difference in feel, but little difference in flight between runs if the mold hasn't been changed.
Morgan Lasley

When life gives you lemons, stick them in the freezer for a few hours, then throw them back, 'cause they're like rocks, man.
cmlasley

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:09 am

second that... LOL
##39027
ghstinshll

Return to Innova