bag dilema

Reviews for Innova Golf discs and any other Innova products.

bag dilema

Postby Birdman » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:46 am

So im planning on getting a new bag...I wanted a Revolution bag but i realized that it wouldn't make sense since i work at a sports store and get 40% off on stuff....but i wasn't sure what people's opinions were or if they had seen the new champion bag from innova. Or if you would go down and get the rebuilt tour bag or competition bag....let me know what you would advise/know.
The real excitement is playing the game.
Birdman

Postby FB32992 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:50 am

i would advise never to buy a Innova bag!!!!!They are junk, save yourself some time and money and buy a Gateway or Revo bag!!
"No Chain No Game"
Team Iron Lion
http://www.ironliondgs.com/
FB32992

Postby flyinplastic23 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:01 am

the revo bags are excellent.

just because you are saving money, doesnt mean you are going to be happy with the product. Youll just end up having to buy two, to match the live of a revo bag.
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Postby Buzzznation » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:17 am

I just got the Champion Bag recently and I like it a lot. I haven't had any problems yet, and if you are looking for storage there is more than enough, and it has the box frame with a padded back for comfort. The olny negative I would have is the drink holders. You can barely fit a can of pop in there. They advertise them as being snug so that they help keep your drinks cold, but really they are a pain in th a**. But I just keep my Nalgene in a side pocket no problem. I haven't understood all the negative talk about the INnova bags. I have never owned a Revo bag so I can't compare the (2), but I had an Innova Tour bag previously that broke after a year where the Quad Shocks connect, but I got the GF's Grandma to sew it back together, so no big deal. I wouldn't advise against buying the Champion Bag.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Birdman » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:42 pm

i do know that innova bag have minor problems i have run into those and innovas customer service has pulled through everytime...plus innova takes back all their products it seems like....also money is a part because i can get a $90 bag for $54. whereas i could pay $120ish plus S&H.

whats the frame like in the bag is it like the deluxe bags or is it a style like revo's roll cage
Birdman

Postby Buzzznation » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:43 am

Birdman wrote:whats the frame like in the bag is it like the deluxe bags or is it a style like revo's roll cage

I am not sure what either of these bags are like, but the Champion frame is aluminum (4) poles, with two dividers that slide. Get's the job done for me, and I agree if you can save $80 I would do it.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:07 am

Birdman, you need to custom order a revo bag... $10 says your company gets it's stuff from Discs Unlimited anyway, so they'll have them available. Just custom order yourself the one you REALLY want!
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Birdman » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:13 pm

nah we get our stuff straight from innova...i didnt know you could custom order revo bags tho...whats the difference then just ordering straight from revo. is it basically color options. and if so what is a site that does this.
Birdman

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:41 pm

I don't see that D-U carries Revolution bags... @ Scheel's, if there's something i want, i look up the barcode, and custom order it from the supplier. That's the process i was talking about.

http://discsunlimited.net/disc_golf_bags.html
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ziggy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:47 pm

has anyone checked out www.gorilla-boy.com ?
ziggy

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:51 pm

poop on gorilla boy, unless your ghey and like pastel colors
frogawitdafizzle

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:05 pm

Is it common to have your bag seem like it doesn't have enough velcro for your accordian dividers to hold in place? I'm thinking about stitching in some more velcro - but thought I'd ask the peanut gallery on ideas...
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Abe Froman » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:41 pm

as long as you fill em up they dont need to be
'held" in place. they should stay in the bag regardless. or you can just throw the whole bag away and order a revo. i suggest the latter
Abe Froman

Postby Murph » Thu May 31, 2007 10:09 pm

ghstinshll wrote:I don't see that D-U carries Revolution bags... @ Scheel's, if there's something i want, i look up the barcode, and custom order it from the supplier. That's the process i was talking about.

http://discsunlimited.net/disc_golf_bags.html

ghstinshll, do you work at Sheel's? If you do why doesn't Sheel's carry different bags besides Innova and cheap Gateway bags? Sheel's needs to carry a couple Revo. bags.
Murph

Postby ghstinshll » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:51 pm

Murph, I've suggested it many times, but since (per this thread) Discs Ulimited doesn't carry them, we won't be abel to get them. I need to do a little more research & find out what bags D-U has, and then request some of them for my store...
##39027
ghstinshll

Next

Return to Innova