course work

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:12 pm

AO wrote:
hyzerman16234 wrote:
AO wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:Say goodbye to old "poke n pray" shaver as you know it. True example of teamwork. Great to see.

True this. Course is turning into a Camden 2/Wildcat combo.

Have you seen Wildcat lately?

Pretty sure you know what Steve meant.....

Fixed. :wink:

Glad to see a group take over the reins at Shaver, always had potential but just needed a dedicated group to get it done instead of talk about all the things that could be done. Working on and improving courses is contagious when you get a few who care enough, more will follow. Well done gentleman!
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Budhyzer 17696

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:35 pm

7a and 7 b are in. Go play them, ran out of light so start walking in a path to 8.
frogawitdafizzle

Postby medicinal funk » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:19 am

7b was a fun shot when me and stibal played a few holes the other day. threw it up next to the orange paint on the ground where the basket is now. i like all the trouble off to the right of the fairway, adds to the challenge
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby Grimm » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:25 pm

Never seen this course look better and play even harder than ever. 7a may take over 5 for trying to get in between the trees. Trees are farther apart but further from the teepad. You do not want to be throwing 2 from the road.

Great work. Kind of wish I could have stayed and helped tonight on temp holes but...
Grimm

Postby Detra319 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:27 am

Two news holes, two new levels of awesome. Damn guys, keep up the good work. Its hard not to go to shaver every time I throw a round, and last year I didnt even want to play shaver. Awesome awesome jobs frog and hammy.
Detra319

Postby IHearChains » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:45 pm

Today I played the new 7 and 7a, plus the new temp holes used in the IA State champs tourney. That hole D is a great hole, Wow! Also, saw some nice new bridges and benches. Course is WAY improved over where it was a couple years ago. Compliments to all who did the work!!
IHearChains

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:33 pm

Grimm wrote:Never seen this course look better and play even harder than ever. 7a may take over 5 for trying to get in between the trees. Trees are farther apart but further from the teepad. You do not want to be throwing 2 from the road.

Great work. Kind of wish I could have stayed and helped tonight on temp holes but...
Ha
frogawitdafizzle

Postby Abe Froman » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:35 pm

Grimm wrote:Never seen this course look better and play even harder than ever. 7a may take over 5 for trying to get in between the trees. Trees are farther apart but further from the teepad. You do not want to be throwing 2 from the road.

dont worry. people were out there til past dark all week including saturday night...
Abe Froman

Postby natohammy » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:07 am

Abe Froman wrote:

dont worry. people were out there til past dark all week including saturday night...
ds :wink:
natohammy

Postby Abe Froman » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:03 pm

Who has a few hours and wants to help me put a bench in on hole 8? It's definitely needed after that hike up the hill..

Also gonna dig some moky steps into that hike from 7B if I have time. All I need is a volunteer or 2. I can drive up to 5 and carry the bench from there, just makes it easier if I have another body

Ill b there around 2pm if anybody wants to meet @ the shop.. Hit me up
Abe Froman

Postby Grimm » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:21 pm

Shaver has turned into a one of the best coursess in the area. I always liked it but we all know now that it is a monster course now. Thanks Titan Crew, Stiers and everyone who has helped. I never had a problem with the course before but what everyone/everthing that has been done is amazing.
Fing Stiers give me call or txt when you want help. I'm off work at 3 almost everyday.
Grimm

Putting around of 9 on 13 basket

Postby ChainFreaks » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:45 am

I just installed 9 Circle stones in various distances around basket 13. If you ever want to play a fun little putting game it starts on the south side of the basket and goes clockwise at multiple distances around the basket. I suggest taking 2 discs and play each hole with 2 tosses each disc in is 1 point, add your points after nine 18 being the max you can get if you sink every putt. It was a Cheap project I know but it adds a little something to the course. Let me know what you scored or if you have any suggestions
PS: hole four is kind tough to find but its in front of the tree (you will see it if you go out there its just an easy one to miss) have fun -Peace
ChainFreaks

trail from 7B pin to 8 teepad

Postby natohammy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:51 pm

trail installed from 7B's pin to 8's tee pad, it might be a tiny bit further walk but i hope all will agree its way more easily climbed. Some step work still needed and hopefully will get completed soon but as is its still a lot more accessible i think. should help out come this winter!
natohammy

Postby chainsmoker » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:03 pm

Came over from Des Moines with a friend and played Friday for the first time. I want to say that we were impressed with the course and the infrastructure in place. Benches, steps and bridges. Great use of the terrain. Well worth the drive over. :D
"ETIAM IN PUGNA"
chainsmoker

Postby KVN » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:05 am

Great work on the steps Ham, it was like climbing a Mayan temple reclaimed by the forest.

KVN

PreviousNext

Return to Cedar Rapids - Shaver Park