course work

Postby Detra319 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:21 am

Captain wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:Also a possible donation box. Still workin on that..stibal's idea

Army Corps bought 2 new donation boxes for SB and TC, we're going to take the old one's to Shaver and Peninsula.

Badass... on a different note, how much do those bring in on average each year? I know I used to stuff dollars in turkey creek a LONG time ago when we would play, but haven't done that in awhile. Just curious.
Detra319

Postby hyzerman16234 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Captain wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:Also a possible donation box. Still workin on that..stibal's idea

Army Corps bought 2 new donation boxes for SB and TC, we're going to take the old one's to Shaver and Peninsula.

Where can I get one?
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
hyzerman16234

Postby Captain » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:09 pm

Detra319 wrote:...how much do those bring in on average each year?

With all due respect, I'd rather not say. We've had both the donation boxes at SB and TC stolen. Makes me laugh; they couldn't have gotten more than $20-30 bucks.

Froman brought up an interesting point about accountability. Who controls the money? I suggested that it not be me or the store.

I nominate Greco.
Captain

Postby Grimm » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:37 pm

Captain wrote:I nominate Greco.

2nd
Grimm

Postby Abe Froman » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:04 pm

I'd say have a first fed acct created for the funds that the city can access. 1 person (one of us) will have to check it periodically but give the acct info to the city parks supr so they can check it too.

Stibs, how did the box work with the acoe? Who controls that fund?
Abe Froman

Postby Captain » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:11 pm

Abe Froman wrote:Stibs, how did the box work with the acoe? Who controls that fund?

ICDGL controls the money. ACOE verifies the amount (that's why there are 2 padlocks on the box). We denote a total amount to ACOE each year in our annual report.

That money goes back to courses through materials.
Captain

Postby Detra319 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:37 pm

On a different note, after playing shaver 3 times in the last week I want to give some mad props to nate hamilton. The course has never ever looked better. There are defined fairways, stuff was mowed...its beautiful. Keep up the good work everyone who has been putting in the time, its definitely appreciated.
Detra319

Postby Abe Froman » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:25 pm

A.P.B...

Looking for anybody that can lead us to some railroad ties. Preferably free. Looking to do some major terracing/steps on multiple holes. My free wood connection from work is drying up some due to lack of product movement recently. All the big stuff we used up on legion. So anybody that knows of where we can score railroad ties please let me know and I can coordinate a pickup.

Thank you
Abe Froman

Postby hyzerman16234 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Abe Froman wrote:A.P.B...

Looking for anybody that can lead us to some railroad ties. Preferably free. Looking to do some major terracing/steps on multiple holes. My free wood connection from work is drying up some due to lack of product movement recently. All the big stuff we used up on legion. So anybody that knows of where we can score railroad ties please let me know and I can coordinate a pickup.

Thank you

I'm looking for about 40. Hate to do it but will most likely buy them in a week or so. Crandic gave us some a few years ago but now they sell them.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
hyzerman16234

Postby Grimm » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:00 pm

Abe Froman wrote:A.P.B...

Thank you

Nevermind sounds like they are gone
Last edited by Grimm on Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grimm

Postby raiderfan161 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:18 pm

i believe i have at least 5 maybe up to 10 of them. some are in good shape others are not the best but i know you can make them work, pm me your number and ill get back to you with exactly how many i have, im going out of town tomorrow until Sunday, and i don't have a truck but ill help load them up.
raiderfan161

Postby Skitzo » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:04 pm

raiderfan161 wrote:i believe i have at least 5 maybe up to 10 of them. some are in good shape others are not the best but i know you can make them work, pm me your number and ill get back to you with exactly how many i have, im going out of town tomorrow until Sunday, and i don't have a truck but ill help load them up.

Abe, Raiderfan is my brother. This is Richard Roberts, I have played with you in a few tourneys. I have seen you a few times at Shaver the past few weeks working. I will be out there tonight so I will let ya know how many we have and post on here later. It's in Robins outside of Hiawatha.
Last edited by Skitzo on Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skitzo

Postby Abe Froman » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:35 pm

Ill be out @ hole 6 for a few hrs starting now. If any helpers wanna join I'd appreciate it.

Thank you
Abe Froman

Postby Abe Froman » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Thanks to rimmy and KVN for the muscle. I'd still b out there for a while if u guys weren't there.

GETTINSHITDONE
Abe Froman

Postby Grimm » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:03 pm

Abe Froman wrote:GETTINSHITDONE

Thanks to EVERYONE for GETTINSHITDONE out there.

When I win our bet I may just donate it back to you for all the hard work you have done to these courses this year. Legion and Shaver both have never looked better.

Or I'll spend it your $ on titties and beer.
Grimm

PreviousNext

Return to Cedar Rapids - Shaver Park