New Pin Locations

work day ????

Postby ChainFreaks » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:48 am

We played a doubles match last night, it worked well with new set up. had 14 people show up.. lol
Please let me know the next work day I am really excited to help transform this park into a high class park. Thank you to everyone who helped. Hope to meet you all soon. thanks - Cody Fuller
ChainFreaks

Postby geoffreylaw » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:49 am

Finally got a chance to play Shaver on Friday. I like the new layout. Good job, guys.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."
~Friedrich Nietzsche
geoffreylaw

Postby ChainFreaks » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:44 pm

Work day Friday I will be out there around 1030 if anyone if willing to help. :P Course is starting to look good with all the support. I am trying to identify paths off fairways and connecting pin to next pad. Let me know if anyone has ANY sugestions :idea: for areas that need work. thanks Cody
ChainFreaks

Postby medicinal funk » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:48 am

wow guys, the stairs look great, the fairway liners look good too. cody and i were out cleaning out the stream along hole 15 yesterday, hopefully soon it will be clear. a little constrained in a few areas too, but i think we got the majority of the tough shit out of the way. i think 15 could be one of the signature holes of the course eventually thanks to the babbling water that plays along the side of the hole, loudest at the point where you tee off

awesome.

this course is going to be off the chain before much longer
medicinal funk

Postby Abe Froman » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:37 pm

yes, thanks guys. looking forward to not having that disgusting water backed up anymore. great idea cody. in 10 years of playing there i have never bothered to clean out the creek until this weekend
Abe Froman

Postby The Donator » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:41 pm

You talking about (old?) 17's creek that helmets always threw the bench into?
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby medicinal funk » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:49 pm

The Donator wrote:You talking about (old?) 17's creek that helmets always threw the bench into?

along old 16, new 15, two pipes open up into a small pooling then flows down along the fairway. some nasty shit down there

headed out there in a bit to check it out and maybe rake up some more
medicinal funk

Postby Abe Froman » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:22 pm

The Donator wrote:You talking about (old?) 17's creek that helmets always threw the bench into?

yup, that whole stream shoot is now clean and clear all the way to the apartments past 17. its sort of weird seeing the water clear and rippling down the way. not brown and foamy stagnant sludge anymore. looks really nice. like white water rapids for squirrels or little people like doug. if we keep it clean it will eventually clear out all the sediment and actually stop eroding the stream valley hopefully
Abe Froman

Postby ChainFreaks » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:23 am

Sweet... I am stoked with how nice the course is starting to look :!:
ChainFreaks

Postby AO » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:47 pm

Hey KVN...was wondering if I could get the signs? I can finish them and put them back up.
AO

Postby KVN » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:40 pm

Signs are done and should be up by Tuesday. Courseislookinggreat thxsshaVersaVers BUMPDGSTORE shaver is showing signs of life :!:
KVN

Postby AO » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:19 pm

KVN wrote:Signs are done and should be up by Tuesday. Courseislookinggreat thxsshaVersaVers BUMPDGSTORE shaver is showing signs of life :!:

Thanks!
AO

Postby Detra319 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:50 pm

Course looking great for sure! The stream looks great with all the crap cleared away. On that note though, that is only going to speed up the erosion underneath the bridge on hole 15 (old 14). That ground is going to give soon, so that bridge is going to need to be moved. Should wr move is back closer towards the tee pad or closer towards the pin? We should have a big group on thursday when we play so we willmtry to get it moved then. We are also going to steal one of the big logs from near the pin and move it over towards 16's pin to make a bridge across there since we lost the old one last year due to rot.
Detra319

Postby Single L » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:21 am

Played the "New Shaver" Saturday ........ wow, its like playing a different course. Sure some of the turd holes are still there (7 and 8), but the additions and changes make a big difference and have greatly improved the course.

The new hole 6 is pretty dope, very nice use of the terrain. The extension of old hole 16 (new 15) is great. at first I thought it was not going to be that great as the hold hole was a solid duce and a good score separator, however after playing it I think its now a solid 3 and still a nice score separator (the rare duce op is there as well). I really like the lengthening of old 18 (new 17 as well. It brings some elevation into play around the green, and has made this a solid hole as it now offers scoring separation; the old hole was a blah 3 and rare duce. The new hole 18 is really cool. Nice little valley shot to end the round on.

Hole 13 (old holes 13 and 14) could be a really special hole with a little work. While it now is a tough hole, it has a little too much flukyness to it now. Sure the play is to the "Y" (between old 13 pin and old 14 tee), but the distance kind of calls for a better line to get to the pin off the tee. Sure you can go the new fairway (path carved along valley from old 13 pin to old 14 pin) but with the low ceiling and narrow gap near the pin there's not much reward and too much risk for going for it. If there were a better line to play the old 14 fairway or a little more generous fairway on the left I think it could be sweet. I'm not saying it needs to be changed to become too easy, but I think the option of getting to the pin if you have the arm should be there.

Another change I noticed that is not talked about much it the new pin placement on new hole 14 (old 15). The pin is a lot easier for a RHBH, but I like the fact that it gets the pin away from hole 16's tee (old 17) and hole 15's Fairway (old 16).

Nice work to all the Ninja's that made this happen.

And Kudo's to AO, Nate, Frog, and Stibs on the soon to be opened DG Store; it will be dope having a shop right on the course. Hopefully business booms and eventually you guys can move over to the penthouse!!!
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby AO » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:06 pm

Agreed esp on #13. I was just talking with someone about cleaning it up high right by the 1st drain before old #14's tee pad. Glad you like it. I'm glad I can play the course with more than 3 discs now.
AO

PreviousNext

Return to Cedar Rapids - Shaver Park