new (memorial) bench on Hole 2's teepad

new (memorial) bench on Hole 2's teepad

Postby Abe Froman » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:28 pm

just had a few visitors in the shop that will be donating a new steel (vinyl coated) bench with a concrete base for hole 2 right by the road there. this will be in memory of their son (Arjay) who passed a year ago today actually. they told me he was an avid discer and loved coming to shaver. look out for the work being done around the pad by the city in the coming weeks. heads up
Abe Froman

Re: new (memorial) bench on Hole 2's teepad

Postby AO » Tue May 07, 2013 4:57 pm

Mark from Parks spoke with me earlier and made it sound like it was 8 0r 9. Either way...nice.
AO

Postby Detra319 » Fri May 10, 2013 8:33 am

I have been talking to the parks department to get a bench added to Shaver in memory of my son Eli. Any suggestions for a good spot? I have some ideas but would not mind some public input.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby medicinal funk » Fri May 10, 2013 8:44 am

17 has no benches and backups can occur on that hole from time to time. or you can put a second one up on hole 10, as its a scenic spot that overlooks the park
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby Abe Froman » Fri May 10, 2013 8:38 pm

they met with mark from parks and agreed to do hole 2 for multiple reasons.... not my say. they want it visible from the drive to avoid chucker damage and easy access for people to come n visit i guess..family n such.. they'll rip out the old one so if you get bored feel free to pull it now and put in a new spot cuz itll likely get tossed somewhere if we dont do something with it.
Abe Froman

Return to Cedar Rapids - Shaver Park