OMFG MOVE BASKETS???!!!!???

Postby Abe Froman » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:41 am

Truth be told, nobody that I know of "takes care" of jones anymore. I still have 14's sign/post in my garage that I need to crete back in the ground from some shitbag knocking it over. I stay away from jones unless required to be there. Every time I go out there I just get so pissed off because of all the destruction and garbage I see. If the city would just allow us to do some work out there to the teepads and erosion I might think twice about avoiding it but that will likely NEVER happen...
Abe Froman

Postby Elevated » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:14 am

Sorry 'bout being so hostile. I may have had a few beers before that post...Either way I AM willing to help, I've said that a few times. I live close to wildcat but I still drive to cedar rapids almost daily to play the courses...

I didn't realize that the mowers didn't care that they are mowing on a disc course??? I just havn't seen the pins moved @ jones in a really long time (years)...I know some of the more 'experienced' players don't play jones much at all anymore, so I figured that was why the pins didn't move rather than positions being destroyed.
Boats N' Hoes
Elevated

Postby Abe Froman » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:15 am

No worries, I have done my fair share of posting under the influence. seems like you wanna help and you have some time on your hands which are 2 things I like. We need to meet up soon to see what we can get you started on if you'd like
Abe Froman

Postby Elevated » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:32 am

Sounds good...Pretty much any day works for me just give me a heads up..

I have a regular chainsaw, and a smaller chainsaw on an extendable arm that would be good for trimming branchs (not that we'd need em for jones but for shaver or legion). Also shovels and other tools for brush work if their needed.
Boats N' Hoes
Elevated

Postby robizm » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:36 pm

I could really use an extendable arm
Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
pdga#: 17020 IQ: 47 quote: "Weather forecast for tonight : dark"
robizm

Postby Crager » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:54 am

Elevated wrote:Sorry 'bout being so hostile. I may have had a few beers before that post...Either way I AM willing to help, I've said that a few times. I live close to wildcat but I still drive to cedar rapids almost daily to play the courses...

I didn't realize that the mowers didn't care that they are mowing on a disc course??? I just havn't seen the pins moved @ jones in a really long time (years)...I know some of the more 'experienced' players don't play jones much at all anymore, so I figured that was why the pins didn't move rather than positions being destroyed.

If you live close to Wildcat why go anywhere else? the baskets there are moved on a weekly basis.
If it is because there are too many trees or skeeters you are playing the wrong game . :roll:
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Crager

Postby Abe Froman » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:32 pm

gonna head out and move few baskets this afternoon. lets see if these locks open...
Abe Froman

Postby Abe Froman » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:46 pm

Ok, that didn't work, moved 16 to the long, but 1 is seized shut and 3 is somebody's replacement lock that I do not have keys for and those 2 will both be chopped by this week in order to move anything. Didn't even bother checking the others. Might get around to it when I cut 1 and 3. I have. 6 lock matching set @ home that will be used. We already have 6 diff keys for jones. Why not make it 7...
Abe Froman

Postby blkwizardsonny » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:48 pm

ill move 8 thru 15 tomorrow ssssss
blkwizardsonny

Postby Abe Froman » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:28 pm

moved 2 short, 3 long,6 long(right), 16 long, 9 right(long?),

9 needs to be re-dug and placed back in @ level, it's a lil bit goofy now. if you can find 17's left anchor, good luck without a metal detector, same with 8's short. 10's lock is seized. need sawzall for that one. bolt cutters wouldnt make it happen today
Abe Froman

Postby Hyzerheimer » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:15 am

Thanks for moving the baskets. This will make Jones interesting for awhile.
Hyzerheimer

Postby Elevated » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:34 pm

Thanks! I've played it a few times since the change. I enjoy the change of locations to keep things interesting...And I love 6 at the current!
Boats N' Hoes
Elevated

Previous

Return to Cedar Rapids - Jones Park