OMFG MOVE BASKETS???!!!!???

OMFG MOVE BASKETS???!!!!???

Postby Elevated » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:40 pm

This is a really popular course and I see hundreds of people playing it every day.

However: The baskets move ~once every 5 'chuckin' years. Id be willing to do this myself..


If noone wants to move the baskets I will... The other positions are fun (people DO throw sidearm you know).
Boats N' Hoes
Elevated
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:02 pm

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:17 pm

I might suggest heading out there tonight and playing in the league and expressing your interest to get involved to the league director.
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8554
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby Discgo » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:08 pm

You should just bitch about it instead of getting involved.
Discgo
 
Posts: 1488
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:30 am
Location: behind the basket

Postby iowapat » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:19 pm

You could always play safari rounds...just sayin'
This gun will not reload, cuz bitch I got extendos...
iowapat
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:53 pm
Location: up on Cripple Creek

Postby Potter » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:26 pm

To be honest a lot of the alternate pin placements have gotten destroyed by mowers...go check it out for yourself.
User avatar
Potter
 
Posts: 310
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:08 am
Location: Cedar Rapids

Re: OMFG MOVE BASKETS???!!!!???

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:08 pm

Elevated wrote:This is a really popular course and I see hundreds of people playing it every day.

However: The baskets move ~once every 5 'chuckin' years. Id be willing to do this myself..


If noone wants to move the baskets I will... The other positions are fun (people DO throw sidearm you know).
They don't really move. I think 3 do. The last time they got move we lost three long placements.
User avatar
frogawitdafizzle
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:53 pm
Location: the lily pad at the pond

Re: OMFG MOVE BASKETS???!!!!???

Postby hyzerman16234 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:33 pm

frogawitdafizzle wrote:
Elevated wrote:This is a really popular course and I see hundreds of people playing it every day.

However: The baskets move ~once every 5 'chuckin' years. Id be willing to do this myself..


If noone wants to move the baskets I will... The other positions are fun (people DO throw sidearm you know).
They don't really move. I think 3 do. The last time they got move we lost three long placements.


I think if replacements are done they could be like the Pen's. It would require twice the locks, but would prevent mower blade damage. It wouldn't prevent mowers from running into them though. :roll: I can make new ones if and when the OK is given. It just takes some funds.
hyzerman16234
 
Posts: 909
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:25 am
Location: Probably at Wildcat Bluff

Re: OMFG MOVE BASKETS???!!!!???

Postby Abe Froman » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:35 pm

Elevated wrote:This is a really popular course and I see hundreds of people playing it every day.

However: The baskets move ~once every 5 'chuckin' years. Id be willing to do this myself..


If noone wants to move the baskets I will... The other positions are fun (people DO throw sidearm you know).


Yes, many do play this course. Hundereds of chuckers that trash the course and signs and leave garbage and beer cans everywhere. We should make it more acclimating for them...

Only 1,3,6,9,10,13,16,17. move. And every time we do move any they get destroyed by The mowers. Try ask nice next time and see if you get better responses. Who the f is this again?
User avatar
Abe Froman
 
Posts: 3242
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:42 am
Location: legion park is my backyard

Postby Conrad 37988 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:10 pm

What does throwing forehand have to do with the pin placements?
User avatar
Conrad 37988
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:31 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA

Postby Detra319 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:04 pm

Jeez the hostility....welcome to the boards! :P
Detra319
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:51 am

Postby Abe Froman » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:06 pm

Detra319 wrote:Jeez the hostility....welcome to the boards! :P


Yes, because "OMFG move the goddamn baskets!!!!" Is how you speak respectfully and offer to help. 1,2,3,...NOT

And you of all people know how this works when you say stupid shit. People will get defensive

Ill move some of them next week when I get back into town. But if I see shit and garbage all over the course ill get in my car and turn around. If there's hundereds of players out there everyday then some of them can bring garbage bags with and pick up after the losers that destroy my signs and course.

Pretty please and thank you. With fvcking sugar on top.
User avatar
Abe Froman
 
Posts: 3242
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:42 am
Location: legion park is my backyard

Postby shane » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:32 am


Ill move some of them next week when I get back into town. But if I see shit and garbage all over the course ill get in my car and turn around. If there's hundereds of players out there everyday then some of them can bring garbage bags with and pick up after the losers that destroy my signs and course.



lol
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:05 am
Location: Des Moines

Re: OMFG MOVE BASKETS???!!!!???

Postby Ferch » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:19 am

Elevated wrote:This is a really popular course and I see hundreds of people playing it every day.

However: The baskets move ~once every 5 'chuckin' years. Id be willing to do this myself..


If noone wants to move the baskets I will... The other positions are fun (people DO throw sidearm you know).


Go to a different course!
Living for flight. One day at a time.
Ferch
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 10:04 am
Location: DSM

Postby Ferch » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:20 am

Abe Froman wrote:
Detra319 wrote:Jeez the hostility....welcome to the boards! :P


Yes, because "OMFG move the goddamn baskets!!!!" Is how you speak respectfully and offer to help. 1,2,3,...NOT

And you of all people know how this works when you say stupid shit. People will get defensive

Ill move some of them next week when I get back into town. But if I see shit and garbage all over the course ill get in my car and turn around. If there's hundereds of players out there everyday then some of them can bring garbage bags with and pick up after the losers that destroy my signs and course.

Thank you Sir for keeping what is left of Jones alive!

Pretty please and thank you. With fvcking sugar on top.
Living for flight. One day at a time.
Ferch
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 10:04 am
Location: DSM

Re: OMFG MOVE BASKETS???!!!!???

Postby IHearChains » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:20 am

Abe Froman wrote:Yes, many do play this course. Hundereds of chuckers that trash the course and signs and leave garbage and beer cans everywhere. We should make it more acclimating for them...



Yes, exactly... this is the best approach. Make it attractive to that population. Hopefully that will concentrate the damage at Jones instead of spreading it around to any of the good courses.
IHearChains
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:09 am
Location: Iowa City

Next

Return to Cedar Rapids - Jones Park

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron