2013 Bushwhackers

Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, and surrounding area leagues.

Re: 2013 Bushwhackers

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:21 pm

Nohr wrote:Discraft has updated the molds you can get in cryztal plastic. They added Drone and Meteor I think. Both of those sound sexy.


Here's the deal with discs. I will order them a soon as I get a logo, z meteors sound awesome. My regular logo guy McCarley doesn't have anything and I would like to have them here by meet your partner night or week 1.

Can someone help me out? I have no ideas so anything your mind can create as long as it fits in with our bushwhacker mentality will work and you'll get a free disc for your trouble. Please reference the discraft site for format requirements.

And crazy, we keep one disc from each year for the archives, we always sell out because we give our members the best deal possible.
camping in humbolt 2013 - greco: "why is there so much water in my tent?" bernie: "sweat and tears greco, sweat and tears"
User avatar
3x state champ runner up
 
Posts: 1588
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:17 am
Location: Cedar Rapids

Re: 2013 Bushwhackers

Postby Nohr » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:01 am

My idea is the 10th aniversary buzzz stamp turned into a 14th aniversary bwer stamp. Replace the bee with our angry guy change some text and wham bam. Someone run with it.
Nohr
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:12 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids

Re: 2013 Bushwhackers

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:32 pm

Nohr wrote:My idea is the 10th aniversary buzzz stamp turned into a 14th aniversary bwer stamp. Replace the bee with our angry guy change some text and wham bam. Someone run with it.


Who wants to spearhead this? i like it nohr!
camping in humbolt 2013 - greco: "why is there so much water in my tent?" bernie: "sweat and tears greco, sweat and tears"
User avatar
3x state champ runner up
 
Posts: 1588
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:17 am
Location: Cedar Rapids

Re: 2013 Bushwhackers

Postby Grimm » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:54 pm

3x state champ runner up wrote:
Nohr wrote:My idea is the 10th aniversary buzzz stamp turned into a 14th aniversary bwer stamp. Replace the bee with our angry guy change some text and wham bam. Someone run with it.


Who wants to spearhead this? i like it nohr!


Have the graphic for it?
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm
 
Posts: 1286
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids

Re: 2013 Bushwhackers

Postby iowapat » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:57 pm

Grimm wrote:
3x state champ runner up wrote:
Nohr wrote:My idea is the 10th aniversary buzzz stamp turned into a 14th aniversary bwer stamp. Replace the bee with our angry guy change some text and wham bam. Someone run with it.


Who wants to spearhead this? i like it nohr!


Have the graphic for it?


This one?

Image
It's not alcoholism...It's craft beer
iowapat
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:53 pm
Location: up on Cripple Creek

Re: 2013 Bushwhackers

Postby adetert » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:53 pm

Just wondering cause I have not seen anything on here when is the draw going to happen. I was upset I couldnt play last year but the kid being born kinda made it impossible to play.
adetert
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: 2013 Bushwhackers

Postby Discgo » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:59 pm

adetert wrote:Just wondering cause I have not seen anything on here when is the draw going to happen. I was upset I couldnt play last year [b]but the kid being born kinda made it impossible to play[\b].

we dont offer maternity leave in Des Moines Bushwhackers :lol:
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:30 am
Location: behind the basket

Re: 2013 Bushwhackers

Postby Detra319 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:31 pm

Discgo wrote:
adetert wrote:Just wondering cause I have not seen anything on here when is the draw going to happen. I was upset I couldnt play last year [b]but the kid being born kinda made it impossible to play[\b].

we dont offer maternity leave in Des Moines Bushwhackers :lol:


Well considering it was the day before the draw, I would not have been there either :P
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319
 
Posts: 1221
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:51 am

Re: 2013 Bushwhackers

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:15 pm

I think by now people know that to participate in bushwhackers you need to be invited by a current or former member of league. This method isn't perfect and I'm sure some people consider it to be elitest or unfair (which makes no sense as it's a handicaped league) but please understand if you're not invited, we encourage everyone and anyone to show up and sub. It costs 2.00/week to play and we keep all your stats. We've had guys show up all 18 weeks even when a sub wasn't needed, avg Joe and moody come to mind. Showing comitment with nothing to play for shows you just love to play the game and this basically guarentees you spot the next year. Now if you walk off the course because you're having a bad round or you only play when the conditions are ideal then this league probably isn't for you.
camping in humbolt 2013 - greco: "why is there so much water in my tent?" bernie: "sweat and tears greco, sweat and tears"
User avatar
3x state champ runner up
 
Posts: 1588
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:17 am
Location: Cedar Rapids

Re: 2013 Bushwhackers

Postby Buzzz Killington » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:30 am

FYI, I got my spot because I played as a sub for 4 weeks before filling a vacancy.
User avatar
Buzzz Killington
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:31 pm
Location: 30' out.

Re: 2013 Bushwhackers

Postby Nohr » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:53 pm

I got my spot by subbing also. 5 weeks or so into the 2009 season I got moved up from a sub to a member. One round was crazy rainy at hiawathia.
Nohr
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:12 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids

Re: 2013 Bushwhackers

Postby Twan E Z » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:20 pm

I subbed 16 weeks in a row and I'm not a member yet :P
Twan E Z
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:10 pm
Location: CRANDIC

Re: 2013 Bushwhackers

Postby blkwizardsonny » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:16 am

Twan E Z wrote:I subbed 16 weeks in a row and I'm not a member yet :P
love that post i grant you bushwackerness :mrgreen:
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny
 
Posts: 2769
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: GVCC

Re: 2013 Bushwhackers

Postby Twan E Z » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:25 am

haha The April 10th draft is the day I join the legend that is Bushwhacker 8)
Twan E Z
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:10 pm
Location: CRANDIC

Re: 2013 Bushwhackers

Postby Nohr » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:33 am

Ya know it is an 18 week season? Just sayin..
Nohr
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:12 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa City/Cedar Rapids

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest