2013 Bushwhackers

Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, and surrounding area leagues.

Re:

Postby Single L » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:00 pm

3x state champ runner up wrote:also, i know DSM uses handicaps from the previous 3 weeks, not a total season handicap like we do. this helps keep people honest when it's hard to change your handicap the more rounds you play.

Along with only using 6 most recent weeks played to keep the HCP's honest, we also use a different course par for every course. A 54 average just doesn't work with every course, too much difference ..... i.e. Grandview vs Pickard. Same could be said for the Penn vs Hiawatha, etc. Just a thought .....

And Nohr its not that tough to figure out and track. If Fausch can follow along anyone can :mrgreen:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Re: Re:

Postby Grimm » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:38 pm

Single L wrote:
3x state champ runner up wrote:also, i know DSM uses handicaps from the previous 3 weeks, not a total season handicap like we do. this helps keep people honest when it's hard to change your handicap the more rounds you play.

Along with only using 6 most recent weeks played to keep the HCP's honest, we also use a different course par for every course. A 54 average just doesn't work with every course, too much difference ..... i.e. Grandview vs Pickard. Same could be said for the Penn vs Hiawatha, etc. Just a thought .....

And Nohr its not that tough to figure out and track. If Fausch can follow along anyone can :mrgreen:

I'm no longer stats person but it's not too hard to figure out how to do it. I just don't have the extra 20 hours a week to figure it out. Philip's would you be able to send me your excel spreadsheet and I may be able to work something out for later use. If you still don't have my work email it's not hard to figure out firstname.lastname @ pearson . com

It's the only one I check.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Re: 2013 Bushwhackers

Postby Nohr » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:21 pm

I want 1 list not 6 different lists on how I compare to everyone else in the league.
Nohr

Postby Single L » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:00 pm

Nohr wrote:I want 1 list not 6 different lists on how I compare to everyone else in the league.

Hey jockstrap ...... we have one list that is all you need to compare you against others. Has your name, weeks played, average, hcp, and points. Sound familiar??

The only difference is that your total strokes are shown in a column, but riddle me this, do you know each weeks total to get the sum? I didn't think so. That is all the "extra" pages (3 more to be exact) are in our stats, a week by week listing of scores. Simply for reference, but not needed to see how you compare. Actually this lets you compare on a course by course and weekly bases, its just optional material, that is nice to have if you'd like.

Now I will let Tyler tell you to STFU
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Nohr » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Is this the chuckin dsm thread?

So all you DSM cats go around and say "hey how many total strokes have you thrown so far this year?" b/c we walk around and say "whats your handicap?". Its usually a small number that everyone understands and some of us can remember it.

This is what I think your stats look like. Do they look like this or do you switch the "hcp" field every week to the course you are playing?
Code: Select all

name, weeks played, average, hcp1*, hcp2**, hcp3***, hcp4****, hcp5*****, hcp6****** ,points

* based on par 54
** based on par 55
*** based on par 56
**** based on par 57
***** based on par 58
****** based on par 59
Nohr

Postby Grimm » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:25 pm

Nohr wrote:Is this the chuckin dsm thread?

So all you DSM cats go around and say "hey how many total strokes have you thrown so far this year?" b/c we walk around and say "whats your handicap?". Its usually a small number that everyone understands and some of us can remember it.

This is what I think your stats look like. Do they look like this or do you switch the "hcp" field every week to the course you are playing?
Code: Select all

name, weeks played, average, hcp1*, hcp2**, hcp3***, hcp4****, hcp5*****, hcp6****** ,points

* based on par 54
** based on par 55
*** based on par 56
**** based on par 57
***** based on par 58
****** based on par 59

I have placed multiple bets on total strokes for the year or weekly or average if some people have to miss a week. Never based on hcap because that is a rounded number.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby Buzzz Killington » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:57 am

Almost all sports make handicaps off par. This is the only org I know that bases it off 80% of 48. It favors the stronger players. Is that a bad thing? You still have to improve steadily over the season to do well.

Anyways,
If you haven't received an invite, locate your local Bushwhacker and smack the ship out of him to reveil the bat time and bat channel.

Ideas for this year: More p's bringing in sponsorships, even if that's just a CTP...hats off to our friends at First Federal! Seriously, thank you.
Buzzz Killington

Postby ANTI-ANTI » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:17 pm

I'm down for whatever. I do think we should have some kind of set format in place for The Whackoff before the event itself. I have only done it for three years. I like the first round as it is, just strait up Bushwhacker two man teams. As for the second round. My favorite was last years three man teams. I also liked how we did a playground style pick with the best scores from the first round as captains. A close second was three years ago at Newton with the team captain picking two man teams for best shot. Did not like the six man teams at Wildcat at all. Too long between throws.
" Weekends don't mean so much when your unemployed, except you get to hang out with your workin' friends."

-Les Claypool
ANTI-ANTI

Location: The west side, southwest side, middle east, rich house, dog house, out house, old folks house

Postby Nohr » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:12 pm

Six man teams were awesome. Pressure of the gallery!!
Nohr

Postby dkent130 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:30 am

When is signup for Bushwackers I'd like to get down. That's literally the only day of the week I have off work.
dkent130

Postby AO » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:43 am

Looking forward to BW league. This will be my first full year.
AO

Postby The Donator » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:03 pm

AO wrote:Looking forward to BW league. This will be my first full year.

Thought you played a full year one of the years I was in college there? Otherwise you may have just showed up every week as a sub, but remember seeing you quite a bit up there
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:33 pm

just checked the history logs, olsen has played 14 rounds, his first 8 were in 2007,1 in '08, 1 in '10, and 4 in '12. he has total strokes of 676 and a carreer avg of 48.286
camping in humbolt 2013 - greco: "why is there so much water in my tent?" bernie: "sweat and tears greco, sweat and tears"
3x state champ runner up

Postby crazykrug » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:36 pm

Who do I need to contact about maybe getting some of the B-dub discs you guys had over the last couple years? I think I have 2 but would like one for the other years I have played.

I would like one for this year too if you guys get another one done.

Thanx
Crazy
Member of 2010, 2012, 2013 Bushwhacker State Champions
crazykrug

Postby Nohr » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:49 pm

Discraft has updated the molds you can get in cryztal plastic. They added Drone and Meteor I think. Both of those sound sexy.
Nohr

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa City/Cedar Rapids