2012 Bushwhackers

Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, and surrounding area leagues.

Postby Potter » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:29 am

Good call on the glo buzzz's this year fellas! Can we get this party started yet?!! :D :D
"I hyzerflip drones, biatch" ~Grimm
Potter

Postby Grimm » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:15 pm

For those that don't like driving to Sugar Bottom every third week. That's been changed. I hope that everyone can respect schedule that has been drawn up.
If you didn't get emails from Burns last year send me one or a pm with your full name and email address.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:21 pm

Just in case people missed this on page 3, I've got some good info to share with everyone. We've had 2 rules meetings and have a lot of new and exciting additions to hopefully make this year better than the previous 12.

Frst off, in an attempt to avoid those people who don't appreciate bushwhackers for what it is, we are making it that you must pay the 70.00 dollar entry fee (explanation to come) before you can draft a partner. If you can't be at the draft night and want a partner, get us your money before hand and we'll take care of it. We see this keeping people away that may otherwise draft a player and not be totally committed to league and end up hosing their partner. If you've ever hosed your partner (and you know who you are) you'll be asked to sub, sorry but the attendance numbers don't lie.

As mentioned above, dues will be a flat 70 dollars. Thats less than 4 dollars a week, so start saving now. This basically means league is all inclusive. You're in everything. With that you get 18 weeks of recorded scores, average, and handicap. 18 weeks worth of ace fund. Bag tags that will be worth prizes throughout the season. A league tee shirt. Weekly ctp and putting prizes. ace and record beer sixers as well as a party at the end of the year and of course Cash payouts and trophies to at least the top 5 teams along with individual awards and prizes.

Also, last year I did a seeded bracket singles handicapped match play tournament after the team league was done. I think it went over well but I gave too short notice. This year only players that play 17 or 18 weeks can participate. It will cost 5 bucks but league will have added cash/prizes. This is a great way encourage attendance and to reward those who do show up every week. It also gives the individual side of league some meaning. imagine the NCAA basketball tourney but with disc golf, your play during the season may earn you a higher seed etc etc.

League discs have already been ordered. We'll have 50 regular z buzzes for 10.00 and 50 glo buzzes for 15.00. These are available to league members only (including dsm BW's who've paid their whack off debt, you know who you are if you haven't). Also we should have shirts and tags available by week one.

Dates and location will be made available later so past members look for an email from Kollin and newbies keep to this thread for more info.
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:48 am

3x state champ runner up wrote:Great news sutliff whackers, philips handed us are winnings from the whack-off. Kollin has a list of who was there at his work and I'll break down the cash into 30.oo increments.

so looking back there were I think 21 of us and few of us have been paid which I've listed below. Kollin and I will do our best to get everyone their money.

Paid:
Greco-philips
Kollin- tanner
Potter- claring
kern-weaver
Detert- paid at Altoona
Beachy
weiben
nohr
knv
farnsworth
frog
dye
Doug peyton
Tim Peyton
Kurt Conrad
Stiers - towards league dues

Unpaid:
Veedz
Joel Knutson
Fritz
Ryan Hamilton
Avg Joe
Shirtless

updated, got the rest of the funds this weekend and the trophy. for those of you unpaid guys, if i don't see you before, i'll see you at draft night this wednesday and i'll get you your money then.

thanks for your patience all. this year's whack off will be for pride only?
Last edited by 3x state champ runner up on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby NateR » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:38 pm

so when is this bad dad supposed to be kickin' off??
NateR

Postby Grimm » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:31 am

All right here it is. Draft will be tomorrow night at City Beat in Cedar Rapids. Try to get there before 6:00. Free keg of beer has been donated and they have great food. We will have sign up forms available whenever they get there. $70 gets you the most important thing...A partner.

If you don't know where City Beat is...then look it up or wander aimlessly around Cedar Rapids yelling "Bushwhackers, where you at?"
Grimm

Postby The Donator » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:40 am

Why not Solon Station??
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Grimm » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:07 am

The Donator wrote:Why not Solon Station??

Hmm...The Station or a free keg of beer? Easy decision for a bushwhacker. :lol:
Grimm

Postby The Donator » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:13 am

Grimm wrote:
The Donator wrote:Why not Solon Station??

Hmm...The Station or a free keg of beer? Easy decision for a bushwhacker. :lol:

Pfft no way a single keg breaks a 10+ year tradition, but that would be an easy decision for me.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Nohr » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:33 pm

Last 2 years have been at city beat. Go back to your BW thread. This one is for the 2011 champs.
Nohr

Postby NateR » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:18 pm

when is the first week of actual play then?
NateR

Postby Grimm » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:20 pm

OH YEA!!! Can't wait!
Grimm

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:33 pm

Grimm wrote:OH YEA!!! Can't wait!

My partner better want to dominate this year. I'm 0-11 and won't accept anything less than the title. except kollins quarters of course.
3x state champ runner up

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:39 am

just got an email from discraft and my order was delayed but they said i should have the discs by friday. so sorry for those of you who wanted them tonight.

the nice thing is that due the delay they're sending me something special which i'm assuming is a disc and i'm thinking we'll do a ctp for it at meet your partner night. this is why this league is the freakin awesomest league around. bitches! it's draft night, i'm sweating in my pants!
3x state champ runner up

Postby Grimm » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:10 am

This is going to be one long afternoon. I want to leave work now get a couple rounds of golf and drinks in before tonight.
Grimm

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa City/Cedar Rapids