2012 Bushwhackers

Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, and surrounding area leagues.

Postby Like_Water » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:50 am

The Donator wrote:We kind of tried that this year, with an "A" and a "B" pool, and it was a pretty awkward year, with 32 peeps. No one liked it, a lot of people were pissed, and it didnt cater towards the BW idea. You guys obv have more members than we do, but it simply does not work unfortunately.

Really? I think it worked pretty well. There were 3 pools, A, B & C. No A Players would be with A players, no C players played with C players. There was parity, and it was up for grabs until the end more or less. it's never going to be perfect, but anyone who was frustrated would have been that way regardless unless they get a good partner. and by good I mean the old man who crushes discs and brings beer every week for his partner. #goingoutontop
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby The Donator » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:02 am

Like_Water wrote:
The Donator wrote:We kind of tried that this year, with an "A" and a "B" pool, and it was a pretty awkward year, with 32 peeps. No one liked it, a lot of people were pissed, and it didnt cater towards the BW idea. You guys obv have more members than we do, but it simply does not work unfortunately.

Really? I think it worked pretty well. There were 3 pools, A, B & C. No A Players would be with A players, no C players played with C players. There was parity, and it was up for grabs until the end more or less. it's never going to be perfect, but anyone who was frustrated would have been that way regardless unless they get a good partner. and by good I mean the old man who crushes discs and brings beer every week for his partner. #goingoutontop

Yeah nice partner grab, couldnt even get a stroke off him on hole 8 at BC both times putting it within ten.

Im sure ill get shot down yet again in the rules meeting but i really dont think this idea worked. It worked in "theory," but it wasnt the BW way. Handicaps work best, no matter who the partners are...
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:31 pm

yeah it was just an idea about the pick your partner option. again it wasn't a free for all but a way for someone who finished bad to have a chance to finish good. i only have the peoples best interests in mind here.

as far as a season/playoff format i need to work it out on paper to see how it looks.
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Grimm » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:52 pm

3x state champ runner up wrote:yeah it was just an idea about the pick your partner option.

Worst idea ever! Lick my balls for even thinking this.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby blkwizardsonny » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:53 pm

Grimm wrote:
3x state champ runner up wrote:yeah it was just an idea about the pick your partner option.

yeah mine too andy lol
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:09 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:
Grimm wrote:

yeah mine too andy lol

Only my parents, wife, frog, and Stibal call me Andy! Guess I'll just add duden to that list. No more though!
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Grimm » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:17 pm

3x state champ runner up wrote:
blkwizardsonny wrote:
Grimm wrote:

yeah mine too andy lol

Only my parents, wife, frog, and Stibal call me Andy! Guess I'll just add duden to that list. No more though!

Fvck off Andy.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby Potter » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:56 am

lmfao! :lol:
"I hyzerflip drones, biatch" ~Grimm
Potter

Postby dev7557 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:41 pm

anybody playing on xmas day
dev7557

Previous

Return to Iowa City/Cedar Rapids