Champion Bushwhackers

Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, and surrounding area leagues.

Postby Grimm » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:36 pm

And we're off to one hell of a start. This should be a good season. Adam and Adam drawing eachother will be great.
Grimm

Postby SpikeHyzer » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:18 pm

Detra319 wrote:I want to play in a more competitive league

Then you better move to DSM...and join our BW league.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:31 pm

Grimm wrote:And we're off to one hell of a start

i personally couldn't have said it better stiers AND kollin, you always hear these guys saying i want to play bushwhackers.... and yada yada yada, they draw a partner, show up for 2 weeks, don't pay any money, and then we don't see them again.

people don't realize it's a 18 week commitment, and your participation directly affects your partners outcome and enjoyment as well. 18 weeks is a long time but it pays off 10 fold if you do it.

i hope we're partners grimm, we can shoot 880 golf together forever!
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Grimm » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:33 pm

3x State Champ Runner Up wrote:
Grimm wrote:And we're off to one hell of a start

i personally couldn't have said it better stiers AND kollin, you always hear these guys saying i want to play bushwhackers.... and yada yada yada, they draw a partner, show up for 2 weeks, don't pay any money, and then we don't see them again.

people don't realize it's a 18 week commitment, and your participation directly affects your partners outcome and enjoyment as well. 18 weeks is a long time but it pays off 10 fold if you do it.

i hope we're partners grimm, we can shoot 880 golf together forever!

F that (way to blow a 7 stroke lead). We aren't doing that again. IC Ice Bowl here we come.
Stiers and Karstens as partners would be legendary.
Grimm

Postby Abe Froman » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:19 pm

dont jinx me fellas. ak isnt a bad dude, i dont hate ya buddy. just make sure to remember this phrase if you retain anything in life....

:its not what you say, it's how you say it.

bw 4 life.

on the other hand, i can think of 3-4 people i'd shoot myself if i drew them.

and the dsm bw's are a ripoff of the original. often copied, never replicated. they might own the "great whackoff" trophy, but we've never lost a party and could drink them under the mothafukin table (yes including joe cool)

POW!
Abe Froman

Postby The Donator » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:26 pm

Abe Froman wrote: but we've never lost a party and could drink them under the mothafukin table (yes including joe cool)
You are most definitely correct about this. I tried to bring the drinking tradition over, but couldnt convert anyone. Way too serious 'round here. I wish we had the traditional "drunken-doubles" after the party down here as well...miss those great times. The party was always a perfectly sunny and warm day, bags tournies, putting, bullshitting, Iowa game on, plenty of drank, dubs, distance throws, poker...just didnt get any better than that.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Grimm » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:54 pm

Abe Froman wrote:they might own the "great whackoff" trophy, but we've never lost a party and could drink them under the mothafukin table (yes including joe cool)

POW!

That's the reason why they own the trophy. Or was it because you weren't there?

I don't know about the joe cool or lindsley for that matter but I could give a shot or 20.
Grimm

Postby Single L » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:54 pm

The Donator wrote:
Abe Froman wrote: but we've never lost a party and could drink them under the mothafukin table (yes including joe cool)
You are most definitely correct about this. I tried to bring the drinking tradition over, but couldnt convert anyone. Way too serious 'round here.

Easy Fella ....... Just because your a drunk doesn't mean you were the first to try to bring that along; I tried to bring that tradition here before you even sniffed coming back to DSM :shock:

Secondly I'd say the percentage of BW's that imbibe on any given night is the same, it just happens to be in a different form for most; and most of those who are the drinkers are Beer Snobs and only need a few to get a nice buzz going, just because they aren't drinking 12 Busch Lights in a night doesn't mean they are getting drunk. And lastly with the number of tournament players we have in league its hard to lock in an all Day Saturday event, so we do more of a BBQ event.

So yes you guys could drink our league under the table and throw a better party, but we smoke you on the course, T-Shirts, Bag Tags, Year End Trophy's, Weakly/Yearly/Career Stats, payouts, and Courses whenever you get done :wink:
Single L

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:20 am

word cory
blkwizardsonny

Postby robizm » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:37 am

then you're stuck with whatever asshole you get drafted to for the entire season.

HaHa who really are the a-holes in the CR area ?? I am a competitive fella but always enjoyed the friendly atmosphere that disc golf provided when I started back in 1997ish through 2000

Now I almost feel bad beating the pants off someone who plays nearly every day when I can really only play on a league night (if i make it) or a tourney which is even more rare .... Maybe that's why I play decent due to the fact that I really don't care that much about my score hehe !

:P

Adam makes the forever valid point of guys that are on the courses ALOT and do very little to help out. Speaking of which I am still interested in helping with Shaver updates/work. I will help out on weekends when I can !!
Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
pdga#: 17020 IQ: 47 quote: "Weather forecast for tonight : dark"
robizm

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:26 pm

who has the belt?

i need it. i really just need to borrow it but i'd rather own it so if whoever has it wants to play for it this weekend call me, and if you don't want to play for it then i'll come get it. last i heard nohr has it. let me know!

thanks BW's!
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Detra319 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:35 pm

18 weeks is a long time, but i am planning on playing in more than 18 tournies this year, so we will see. I want to join more to meet the guys who are a bit more established on the local scene. Throwing rounds with the same guys over and over grows old after while.

And...i would only shoot myself if i drew Frog. Would save him the trouble a couple weeks down the road :P
Detra319

Postby Grimm » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:24 pm

Detra319 wrote:And...i would only shoot myself if i drew Frog. Would save him the trouble a couple weeks down the road :P

Frog never shows up on Wednesday's anyway.
Grimm

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:16 pm

hey now, in frogs defense, as a former partner.......... yeah, nevermind. ( jk frog)

where's the belt? don't get this thread off-track........ are you feeling better today KG?
3x state champ runner up

Postby Grimm » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:35 pm

3x State Champ Runner Up wrote:hey now, in frogs defense, as a former partner.......... yeah, nevermind. ( jk frog)

where's the belt? don't get this thread off-track........ are you feeling better today KG?

A little, but not much.

WTF is that belt at?
Grimm

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa City/Cedar Rapids