2007 Sutliff Bushwhacker Disc Golf League

Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, and surrounding area leagues.

2007 Sutliff Bushwhacker Disc Golf League

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:18 am

It's time to start talking about next year. '07 fundraiser discs are in the works and i hope will be as popular as last years run. i'll put out a picture once they get in. As President of the league, i'm concerned with the direction we want to go. supply can't always meet the demand and talking about growth of this league needs to be done before april. so please shoot me back some feedback yall
later, greco
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby iowapat » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:14 am

any idea as to when the bushwacker league would start?

I have class on tuesday nights until the middle of may and def don't want to miss out on this year's league
iowapat

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:45 pm

the schedule has been tenatively made, dates and such will be posted later, one thing i need to know is how many people want to play in this league. it's a touchy subject due to our format, i've always thought the max would be 72 that way we'd have 36 teams, and everyone could play on the same night, mind you that's 18 holes worth of foursomes and time is killer in the begining and end of league. we've never had that many but with the popularity of it who knows. one thing i've thought of is if there were 72 guys and we had 36 teams, we could have to divisions, a bush division and a whacker division and with 18 teams in each division that would work perfectly. within each division each team plays everyone once then at the end of the year would could have a huge bush-whacker position round to determine the champs, but then i would need someone else to run the other division. anyway, that's way far away and we have a lot of time to think about that. just some food for thought
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Single L » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:05 am

Greco
I hope you plan on scheduling the peninsula more than twice, way to sweet of a course not too. I would also like to see the C.R. courses played more than twice. Just some more food for thought.

Philips
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Abe Froman » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:43 am

personally i think 72 is too many. and the seperate divisions thing would only divide the group as a whole. thats part of what i love about bushwhacker league is that everyone is in the same pool. i hate to count anybody out cuz i wouldn't want to be that guy but you have to draw the line somewhere. i think last year was perfect and i believe that was the most people we have had since its inception. a good idea would be if there are too many people and you are a first timer you can sub for the first year. then if you show up every week, you have proved your worth\dedication. example: average joe played every week as a sub, and even if he didn't sub he still played with a group and counted his score even tho it didn't mean shit. that IMO earned him a guaranteed spot in next years league. there have been countless people that have signed up and crapped out, only to have screwed their partner.
Abe Froman

Postby Single L » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:12 am

I think 72 is fine, but we need to use a shotgun start. I played league in Waterloo with this and it seems to ease the flow problem we see at bushwacker league.

This also makes you be on time. There should be no late people on wednesday's just like on sunday's. Remember the Frog situation last year?
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Abe Froman » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:18 am

porkchop wrote:Remember the Frog situation last year?
which was actually my fault he was late. the whole reason that became a "situation" was because i was pisseed that he got stroked 7's on 2 holes because of me. regardless we all know who got MVP last year, so i think he was ok with it
Abe Froman

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:36 am

i agree with both sides, the key question is what direction does bushwhacker league want to go in. we are either going to grow or we can choose to stay where we are. i have no problem saying i'll run a league with a limit of 36 so the numbers work out perfect. i'd really prefer that, but it's not about what i want.

as far as playing the courses, with 6 in our area and 18 weeks, you do the math
3x state champ runner up

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:13 am

on time, that's wishfull thinking, but the more i think about it. what's wrong with limiting to 36, at least i know i'll have guys that will play every week. and as far as money goes, getting rid of it is the easy thing, but then i have to tell people who have played in our league before that they can't play because it's full. does anyone see my predicament?
3x state champ runner up

Postby AO » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:18 am

I would like to sign up. Is this run like CR league in which you have teams of 4? How much does it cost?
AO

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:57 am

ok, lets see. sign up isn't really how bushwhacker league works, we've grown via the invite only way. we don't post flyers or anything like that. last year we had a guy find out about bushwhackers via this site and he showed up at the meeting and got stiers of all people as a partner and he ended up becoming our " rookie of the year ", you know who you are. my point is, the cat is out of the bag, adam, you're going to be a great addition to sutliff bushwhacker league. i'm going to have to come to the relization that if all i need is 48 guys it'll be a first come first serve basis.

it's only 50 bucks by the way.

if anyone wants more info about our league format go ahead and pm me
3x state champ runner up

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:48 pm

it came to during lunch, to make it totally fair to everyone, i'll give last years members the oppurtunity to come back and if there are spots open after that, it could be first come first serve, i have thought maybe too, that if there were 60 guys to make 30 teams we could still do the two divisions of 15 teams each then have 4 placement weeks to finish the year. this way we can all play on the same night. the rules committee and i have a lot to talk about. thanks to everyone for input. and if your a past bushwhacker, be on the lookout for my emails
3x state champ runner up

Postby Abe Froman » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:57 am

as long as everybody plays on the same night thats cool. i hate the fact that i dont get to play every team on the list already. maybe stretch it out or start earlier by a week. maybe start @ 5:30 for the first 2 weeks. or vise versa for the last 2 weeks 2 add a couple more weeks 2 the schedule. also insted of sugar every other week. we could cycle the courses evenly. play them each an even amount of times. thats sounds fair 2 me
Abe Froman

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:03 pm

stiers, i'm totally with ya man, i don't like the fact that you don't play everybody but that's just out of our control, there's just not enough weeks to do that. however, if i do have enough teams, i will do divisions were you play everyone in your divison and have a division champ and then have placement weeks to figure out the overall champ. i'm looking forward to a competative year and hopefully the numbers reflect that
3x state champ runner up

Postby Bradbalk » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:07 pm

Splitting up to different courses could really become a problem for those of us that car pool every week. I don't care what you guys decide, just save me a spot!

Also once you get everything set up Greco I can host all the info here this year so you don't have to mail out any attatchments, just a link, like we did towards the end of the year.
Bradbalk
Site Admin

Next

Return to Iowa City/Cedar Rapids