2008 Bushwhackers

Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, and surrounding area leagues.

Postby Single L » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:04 am

Most likely for 1 round, keeps it in the BW spirit 8)
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby The Donator » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:59 am

Damnit had to back out of this at the last second. GL Sutliff BW's.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby discgolfduval » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:29 pm

Probably a wise move on your part Lindsley as you guys really had no chance anyways....that or its going to freaking freezing out. :lol:
discgolfduval

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:14 pm

discgolfduval wrote:Probably a wise move on your part Lindsley as you guys really had no chance anyways....that or its going to freaking freezing out. :lol:
Hey we didnt need you or rimmy or woody or Kaufman, just needed Fausch, the best player on the SBDGL squad. First the team tourney now this, DSM is looking pretty weak.
frogawitdafizzle

Postby Captain » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:06 am

Congrats to all the SBDGL players for the ass-pounding delivered to the boys from DSM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't even close. SB had a commanding lead after the first round and never looked back. It was almost embarrassing for DSM (I bet they felt a lot like Minnesota felt last night :lol: :lol: ).

I think the DSM effort is best summarized by one hole from one of their players. Picture this.......................

We step up to #17 at Indian Hills, which is not only the easiest hole on the course, but probably the easiest hole on the planet (including Tourist). An nice, easy 166', straight away. DSM players tries to throw a big spike hyzer (which looked to be a best an 800-rated shot) and is about 45 short and 20 left in some bush. Throws a turbo out and gains, oh about 5 feet, just enough to clear the bush. Has 40 left, coughs up an air-ball that sails 25' past, then air-balls again!!! :lol: :lol:

It was at this point when I started thinking,"If he gets a 6, I'm going to piss my pants laughing so hard."

Fauch, oh, did I say his name, damn!! Anyway, Faush has 12-15 left, and some how manages to miss. I can't remember if the disc cut through or if he changed out, but I turned around and the disc was on the ground. Every ounce of control and respect had now left my body, and I burst out laughing, uncontrollable laughing. I think Greenwood was laughing harder than I was!!

A six on 166!!!! Only Fauch, only DSMBWDGL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Captain

Postby The Donator » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:34 am

frogawitdafizzle wrote:
discgolfduval wrote:Probably a wise move on your part Lindsley as you guys really had no chance anyways....that or its going to freaking freezing out. :lol:
Hey we didnt need you or rimmy or woody or Kaufman, just needed Fausch, the best player on the SBDGL squad. First the team tourney now this, DSM is looking pretty weak.

Man think what it would have been like had we all came. Jesus did DSM even show up? ORIGINAL BSW FTW!!! GRATS GUYS!!
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby discgolfduval » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:45 am

Captain wrote:Congrats to all the SBDGL players for the ass-pounding delivered to the boys from DSM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't even close. SB had a commanding lead after the first round and never looked back. It was almost embarrassing for DSM (I bet they felt a lot like Minnesota felt last night :lol: :lol: ).

I think the DSM effort is best summarized by one hole from one of their players. Picture this.......................

We step up to #17 at Indian Hills, which is not only the easiest hole on the course, but probably the easiest hole on the planet (including Tourist). An nice, easy 166', straight away. DSM players tries to throw a big spike hyzer (which looked to be a best an 800-rated shot) and is about 45 short and 20 left in some bush. Throws a turbo out and gains, oh about 5 feet, just enough to clear the bush. Has 40 left, coughs up an air-ball that sails 25' past, then air-balls again!!! :lol: :lol:

It was at this point when I started thinking,"If he gets a 6, I'm going to piss my pants laughing so hard."

Fauch, oh, did I say his name, damn!! Anyway, Faush has 12-15 left, and some how manages to miss. I can't remember if the disc cut through or if he changed out, but I turned around and the disc was on the ground. Every ounce of control and respect had now left my body, and I burst out laughing, uncontrollable laughing. I think Greenwood was laughing harder than I was!!

A six on 166!!!! Only Fauch, only DSMBWDGL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well thanks for the throw by throw analysis there Stibs! :? It's always a good time regardless though. Congrats to the SBDGL on an absolute pasting of us...in below freezing temperatures I may add. :shock:
discgolfduval

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:10 pm

Way to go Sutliff BW's :!:
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Single L » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:13 pm

"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Previous

Return to Iowa City/Cedar Rapids