Thoughts on Middle

Postby AO » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:01 pm

dx pete wrote:hate to say it, but you missed out on the Best course here

2nd
AO

Postby Single L » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:02 am

I really liked the course. I have to say that the woods are much improved from the last time I played (3/8/07). I still think they could use some love, but I guess I am just spoiled by the Peninsula.

Hole #12 - Needs a bridge. The log is very unsafe, I know some people that are very accident prone and I think that you should have a safe and nice looking crossing for an A-tier.

Hole #15 - I really like the A placement, that gap is tough to hit and the tight fairway at the pin make it a great challenge. I feel the long is a boring hole. Frog and I got a drop in 3 with sub-par drives. Hole 15 needs some stairs on the hill to the short.

One of my biggest pet peeves is debris piles (we have plenty at the Peninsula that need taken care of), Hole #1 is the most noticeable, those debris piles make the opening hole look really trashy. My #1 tip for an A-tier is beautification; show the beauty in the great courses you all have been working so hard on. Keep up the hard work.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby KePP » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:23 pm

I've played this course 5 times now and each time I love it more. Its awesome! Its really the only course I'm gonna want to play for awhile due to its superiority, beauty, and challenge (sorry Camden, Longview, Prospect, DG...).

It feels like disc golf took an evolutionary leap after playing a few rounds at Middle. The emphasis on placement shots is what really has me hooked. Thanks to everyone who had a role in making this incredible course. Ya'll did some most-impressive work.
KePP

Postby Abe Froman » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:46 pm

i played this mofo for the first time last week and it it alot of fun. the wind pissed me off for a majority of the course but whatever. the only quams for me would be the layout for the bak 9. alot of extra walking that makes for a long round. but i would definitely play it again. except without playing o.b. for a casual round. that = ghey.
Abe Froman

huge

Postby Mosquitotree » Wed May 09, 2007 10:39 am

Played this course the other weekend. Thought it was alright. A long walk for sure. The 1000 foot hole was crazy distance. What the heck? The rushing creek was a good part of the course. One thing was the bridge next to the highway. How about a bridge over the creek? Overall it was fun.
Mosquitotree

Postby GDL17921 » Wed May 09, 2007 11:00 am

I don't know if you guys have addressed the "issue" Corey brought up about the log over on the crossing from hole 12 to 13. I had an idea for a quick fix. Maybe attach a few (3-5) 2X4s about 3-4 feet long vertically to the log, and then connect them with a horizontal 2X4. It might make a nice little hand rail, for those with less than perfect balance.
GDL17921

Postby MDR_3000 » Wed May 09, 2007 11:06 am

...or you can go around the crevasse
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby GDL17921 » Wed May 09, 2007 11:07 am

eff that, I already have to walk a half mile from 17 to 18. coughnicedesignjeffcoughcough :lol:
GDL17921

Postby Chase20460 » Wed May 09, 2007 6:16 pm

Was wondering why someone butchered the hell out of hole no. 2? That hole was tough, and throwing a hyser meant you were giving away about every chance you had at a duece. Now its just a hyser shot that with a small skip you parked on.

I was really impressed with the risk/ reward tunnel that could allow a duece, now its not impressive at all, just stupid to chance it.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Abe Froman » Wed May 09, 2007 9:07 pm

Chase20460 wrote:
I was really impressed with the risk/ reward tunnel that could allow a duece, now its not impressive at all, just stupid to chance it.

chuckers
Abe Froman

Postby DVS1 » Thu May 10, 2007 8:07 am

Chase20460 wrote:Was wondering why someone butchered the hell out of hole no. 2? That hole was tough, and throwing a hyser meant you were giving away about every chance you had at a duece. Now its just a hyser shot that with a small skip you parked on.

We did this on Saturday while we had the chipper. All we did was remove the brush piles , the dead stuff, and the poison oak vines. We also opened up the straight route to be more inviting. Eventually we are going to be planting a tree on that corner to take away the easier hyser. We will be doing the same thing on 9 now that it's long position is cleaned up.

Last night we made 12's long fairway way more fair and cleaned out the ditch (next to the long pin) that was full of dead trees, branches, and roots. On 13 we opened the other two routes that were blocked by dead or dying trees. On 14 we opened up the righty hyser route. 17 was moved to the right (it's position for this weekend) and that green got a major overhaul. We also made all the routes for 6's long fair.
DVS1

Postby batlord » Thu May 10, 2007 8:46 am

Dan, you're a clean up machine. Thanks for taking the lead on this before the event. I (and a bunch of other people) appreciate it!
batlord

Postby Lou Siffer » Thu May 10, 2007 9:28 am

Yeah, nice work, Dan. For those of you who aren't aware, Dan has taken Middle on since it's beginning and has worked tirelessly on it to bring it to it's full potential.

For any of you who might go out there soon, please take a garbage bag along and pick up trash. It's a real mess right now and won't paint a very nice picture for all of the people who are coming in from out of town to play it for the first time.

Be proud of your park. Make others envious of it.

Thanks.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby GDL17921 » Thu May 10, 2007 9:39 am

Awesome to see so many people taking pride in presentation this weekend. Thanks Dan, and Ron, and all others that helped pimp the courses.

How did I know that when I heard about trimming and cutting that Sprague was in town? :lol:
GDL17921

Postby Like_Water » Thu May 10, 2007 10:52 pm

GDL17921 wrote:Tanner, hopefully the water is down in May, like it usually is, so you can see that it's actually crossable under normal conditions. Springtime thaws, and after heavy rains, maybe not so much, but I've seen it when it's at it's normal low stage. There's a cool little rock crossing.

Think we'll see that cool little rock crossing this weekend?
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

PreviousNext

Return to Bettendorf - Middle Park