11/3/07 Memorial Tourney, in memory of Nate Prindle

11/3/07 Memorial Tourney, in memory of Nate Prindle

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:31 pm

Baitbuckets wrote:There will be a memorial tournament for Nate this Saturday (Nov 3) at Carroll Marty in Ames, registration is at 11am and play is at noon, I believe it is only one round. The entry fee is $10 and all the money will go to a fund for some type of course improvement in Nate's memory. There will be a few prizes awarded.

for your reference: http://iowadg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p ... dman#33068
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:31 pm

Once again, posting here to have this stay in the course forum:

Hey guys, I had a BLAST! Played w/ a local kid, Jake(Jacob) - along w/ Tom & Randy from DSM. Nice rounds, guys! Sorry I fell apart that last couple holes, but hey - someone had to lose, right?! LOL

My highlights of the day? Getting a 4 on the stupid short hole (16?) Tried to throw a spike, and driver wound up rolling back down the hill. Followed that up w/ a putt rigt on the money - hit somethign in the ground that stood it up, and the putter rolled all the way back down again... BAH! :twisted:

Then deuced 17 & 18 (parked - LOVED IT) Then decided to try a roller on 1 to curl it around the corner. DUMB! Took a 5 there because I put it down too far to the right. DOH!

Anyway, it was awesome to see "mom", Nate's mom there taking pics, supplying food, etc... Good job out of Nate's homiez for throwing it together, and to Nate's family for helping out/showing up/donating Nate's stuff. I'm honored to have that sweet Star Wraith & Bottom-stamped Roc!

Again - well done, folks!
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Conrad 37988 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:14 pm

That was just a great day and what tournaments should be like, only there should have been two rounds. Very bittersweet. I played with My friend 2.0 two other kids, brothers about 12 years younger than 2.0 and I, but they gave us a run for our money, and Nate's sister. One of the kids got first 2.0 got third.

I am baseing the tournament I am hosting off of this tournament, cheap entry, loads of prizes, and food.

Kudos to Lee Wilkins for his tournament in remberance of his friend.
Conrad 37988

Return to Ames - Gateway Hills Park (Carroll Marty DGC)