Rolling Ace Fund

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Would you support a rolling ace fund as described below:

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes : 18

Re: Rolling Ace Fund

Postby fsaddle » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:05 pm

I can see the flyer for next years Coca-Cola Classic already....
$1500 Added Cash
$1326 Rolling Ace Fund
We will be putting all the pins in the short locations...COME ON DOWN! :lol:
fsaddle

Postby conroy_01 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:52 pm

Why not do it at iowa tour events and then a few select smaller events in between so that it would keep growing but not have to be every weekend or it could be? I think that would be a better idea than doing a throw off after every tourney. But if you do it every weekend i think it would be best to mail the winnings so the transportation of the money to TDs would not be an issue. The only down fall of a rolling ace fund is someone playing just one tourney at the end of the year and hitting it. They wouldn't have paid much all year and now have won a ton of money. But i am for the idea overall.
conroy_01

Postby Clue » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:08 am

conroy_01 wrote:Why not do it at iowa tour events and then a few select smaller events in between so that it would keep growing but not have to be every weekend or it could be? I think that would be a better idea than doing a throw off after every tourney. But if you do it every weekend i think it would be best to mail the winnings so the transportation of the money to TDs would not be an issue. The only down fall of a rolling ace fund is someone playing just one tourney at the end of the year and hitting it. They wouldn't have paid much all year and now have won a ton of money. But i am for the idea overall.

That's sort of the point. Lots of tournaments are struggling individually even though overall attendance is up because they are going to the same well of players over and over again. The idea is to invent ways to get more people hooked who will play lots of weekends. We need more adicts!
Clue

Previous

Return to Iowa Tournaments