Another example of great results coming from a few dedicated people. We had 17 players today and raised about $400 after a few minor expenses. Here is how it went:
1. With a nice 5 down in the second round and 8 down on the day, Nick Culver and Jason Kruger won the overall.
2. Jason Duden shot 5 down on the day to come in second overall. Probably would have shot better, but he was griping at his partner all day.
3. A couple of teams tied at 4 down on the day.
4. There were 4 people that made it out for the morning round.
1. Daryl Culver, Nick Culver, Mike McGough, Jason Kruger, Shawn Culver, Roger Woodward, and Danielle Culver for all of their help with the event so I was able to play as well.
2. Donations came from Jason Bock (Iowa Steak), Frank Holmes, Hy-Vee, HDSA, Damon Culver, Nick Culver, and Daryl Culver.
It was a lot of fun and the weather turned out really well considering the forecast. Hopefully I can get this event worked in some time when the weather isn't nasty or calling for nasty (maybe an evening mini event sometime in the summer). If you have the opportunity to check out a recent show that was on ESPN called E-60, there is a part about a pro hockey player and the affect Huntington's Disease has had on his family that will really show you what an important cause this is.
Thank you again to all that came out and I look forward to seeing A LOT more of you at the Holiday Disc Golf Showdown on November 2nd.